TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

To everyone stating they aren't going to have blues/purples should they have to wait 3+ days to wait for the eggs to hatch: What exactly is it you are playing the game for? For scroll completion? Or catching as many dragons as fast as possible, no matter what? Serious question because I honestly don't get it.

What's wrong with having two eggslots at a time taken up for 5 days in order to get what you need? It's so much easier (and faster) to do this than to catch other alt breeds and hatching and abandoning hatchies of the wrong colour.

I'm quite at a loss here. Maybe I'll meet my scroll goals for Siyats in spring 2019. So what? It's not a competition.

Edited by Gluria

5 minutes ago, Gluria said:

To everyone stating they aren't going to have blues/purples shpudl they have to wait 3+ days to wait for the eggs to hatch: What exactly is it you are playing the game for? For scroll completion? Or catching as many dragons as fast as possible, no matter what? Serious question because I honestly don't get it.

What's wrong with having two eggslots at a time taken up for 5 days in order to get what you need? It's so much easier (and faster) to do this than to catch other alt breeds and hatching and abandoning hatchies of the wrong colour.

I'm quite at a loss here. Maybe I'll meet my scroll goals for Siyats in spring 2019. So what? It's not a competition.

Some of us get impatient and want our eggs to hatch /now/ so we can move on to the next egg! XD

I still think we need a 'vitamin' BSA to help our hatchlings grow up one day sooner. :P

In a hatchery, I just observed 2 eggs from the 30th at 2d 23h (so obviously incubated) hatch blue.

Still waiting on 4 non-incubated eggs from the 29th at 2d 23h to hatch.

edit: dang, they are blue, too!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

9 minutes ago, Gluria said:

To everyone stating they aren't going to have blues/purples should they have to wait 3+ days to wait for the eggs to hatch: What exactly is it you are playing the game for? For scroll completion? Or catching as many dragons as fast as possible, no matter what? Serious question because I honestly don't get it.

In a world of countless pretty projects, why would I ever choose one that takes super long to complete versus one that takes half as long and is just as pretty? I play this game to play, and I don’t consider spending over half a week hatching one egg playing.

Patience I can do—I’ve worked on projects years in the making—but willfully doubling my hatch time for an ordinary dragon egg? Ehhh. It helps that Greens are my favorite color anyway.

Edit also @Gluria ah, I should also clarify—I also don’t mess around with Gemshards because again, they’re pretty but not worth wasting that much time when I could be working on much more rewarding projects in half the time. I do use Nebulas fairly often, but that’s because they’re just too pretty to say no to. At least then half the time I still get the right color on schedule. 😆

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

6 minutes ago, Gluria said:

What's wrong with having two eggslots at a time taken up for 5 days in order to get what you need?

I play pretty much every single day. Even when I had the worst cold in the world, I played, because no way was I missing out on holiday stuff. I also do a lot of lineage projects. My time and egg-slots are valuable. If you play casually or just don't care, that's your deal, but don't act like the rest of us are being unreasonable when we're upset over this time-wasting mechanic.

10 minutes ago, Gluria said:

lineage work, gifting, trading

for example, i have 5 separate lineages i work on requiring multiple dragons that don't like to breed an egg or the right egg. i need several CB commons / uncommons to replace dragons that have refused or i just don't hae enough of for my lineages. I have 2 IOUs i need to fulfil from prizes i have. I like to have free egg slots to try and trade very specific breeding requests in the trade section to get rares and uncommons i cannot catch myself. i like to breed my spriter alt lineages, thuwed lineages, rares and prizes to give to newer players who don't have them

and if i'm constantly trying to get these guys, that reduces what else i can do. Holding an egg for so long, even if it's just 1 or 2 slots taken up, means i either cannot breed eggs to try and trade for things i can't catch, or i'm not gifting anything to anybody that week

Edited by Sirithiliel

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Some of us get impatient and want our eggs to hatch /now/ so we can move on to the next egg! XD

I still think we need a 'vitamin' BSA to help our hatchlings grow up one day sooner. :P

I actually like that concept for a BSA. 😂

9 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I think it's because everything here is so slow--you wait 7 days for literally everything, and longer for nebulas, etc.  Other sites only have a 3-day breeding cool-down, you can change even adults to the other gender, and there's no growing hatchling limit--only an egg limit for scroll-lock.  And hatchlings don't die after seven day--they can stay hatchlings, unfrozen, forever.

So all the gameplay here is so SLOW that anything that slows it down further is just frustrating as hell.  Why can't things go in the OTHER direction.  Making some things move along a little faster

It must have to do with the incubation time. It's in the description: "...determined by its incubation period ...allowed more time to develop..."

I haven't read through the last several pages. Has anyone left an egg till it was down to the last 24 hours? Have we even had them that long yet?

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

5 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

I actually like that concept for a BSA. 😂

I always thought it should be "Nurture" or something like that, but I don't care what it's called as long as we get it.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

In a hatchery, I just observed 2 eggs from the 30th at 2d 23h (so obviously incubated) hatch blue.

Still waiting on 4 non-incubated eggs from the 29th at 2d 23h to hatch.

edit: dang, they are blue, too!

Drat!  Looks like we're going down to the last day for purples...mine are incubated so I hope that works for them...

Just now, Laura-Borealis said:

Have we even had them that long yet?

Nope XD Best we can get is just below 3 days right now, and these still hatch blue.

12 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Basically what most others are saying. When you're not at Platinum and don't have the maximum egg slot amount--and even then--having an egg sot taken up for a week tops can put a dent in how much you can breed and gift. Especially for those attempting to get breed-only alts that may require dozens upon dozens of eggs before you get said alt.

So yeah, maybe we are being ridiculous in your opinion. But in ours, our frustration is justifiable. The only special thing about this egg is that it's a color variant. Other than that, it's no different than any normal biome-caught egg. Yet the mechanic of making you hold onto it for a week before finally hatching it... That's one week of not making use of a slot that we already have a limited number of.

*shudder. breed alts, urg....i STILL need to finish my scroll goals of those, but i never breed my blacks and plants because i'd rather work on lineages

so i'm not hatching my ER egg today, i'm waiting for tomorrow when it'll be under 2 days

Edited by Sirithiliel

At this point, I really would have preferred the three day rotation since a lot of people seem to be massively disappointed with having to wait until they can get purple. At least with a three day rotation, you'd have some control of the colour you want. Just my two cents

I guess I'm just too patient (woah, that's a first) to fully get it.

I've been playing for seven years without a break and I've not yet met my scroll goals yet.

Also, for me it's perfect that DC takes more time and everything is rather "limited" in variations of gameplaying - I can plan everything quite well and I have absolutely no pressure (except on holidays ;) )

I have very set scroll goals fo new breeds and I honestly can't say I just don't collect a specific breed, even if I don't like it. Scroll goals must be met, no matter what :P

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope XD Best we can get is just below 3 days right now, and these still hatch blue.

That's what I thought, but I need coffee in order to brain so I wasn't sure. :P

I mean, basically it boils down to “in the same amount of time, would I rather create three pretty lines or one?”

The answer to that, for most of us, is obvious.

The purple ones are my favorite!! I can't wait to figure out what we have to do to get them.

Luckily I don't mind keeping eggs on hold for so long, so I won't have a problem raking these cuties in. :D

I wonder... if you get green by incubating(technically hatching at 5 days), and blue by not incubating (hatches at 4 days), I wonder if you get purple by hatching at 1 day left (the time that would be completely gone if you had incubated and hid the egg). 

I hid two eggs, and I’ll see if anybody was successful at getting a purple at 3 days left, or wait and hatch when less than a day is left.

Just for the record: I had 2 spotted eggs that were sick (and hatched them while being sick) and I got Blue hatchlings

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Wait... what? No purples yet?

Ok, waiting four days is bad enough, but after scroll goals I’m never touching these again. Ain’t nobody got time for this.

Luckily the lore makes me dislike the sadistic purples anyway, so I'll be happy just getting a couple of them and assigning an Avatar or something to keep them in line. 😄

This bodes well for Team Green Rebellion, anyway. The purples are going to be massively outnumbered on scrolls!

I really love the Siyat sprites (all three colors - I'm not sure which is my favorite) and I'm glad I was here for such a nice release. I also think the incubation mechanic is really cool, and if I had to guess I'd say the eggs will hatch purple when under 2 days left (without incubating) but of course we just have to wait and see. I'm definitely a more casual player and I can understand how the long hatching time may be really frustrating for those who spend more time on the site, such that they might not want to use the purples, or even blues, for breeding plans. However, I also find various means of obtaining different alts/colors enjoyable (especially if it's not random) and I think it adds some beneficial variety. Tbh, I have been a bit surprised by the level of negativity in this thread over the last few days, tho I probably shouldn't have been. I guess it's because I see the new dragons as a fun bonus which no one has to bother with if they don't want to (and for scroll goals there's always trading). But like I said, there's definitely reason for my perspective to be different from others on the site and absolutely don't want to begrudge anyone their opinion.

TL;DR: I really like the Siyats and, as a casual player, think the new mechanic for color variants is cool. Many thanks to the artist and anyone else involved! 

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

Considering the fact that the game designer gave players special awards to enable them to earn the ability to have more eggslots, I'd say that's a pretty clear recognition of the fact that most people feel more satisfaction when the gameplay moves less slowly.

Or put another way, having two eggslots taken up for five days at a time over this is the equivalent of having your platinum trophy demoted to silver. Yuck, right?

You're right about things like gemshards, but most people don't like doing lineages with those either, for the same reason. I bred a few of those as holiday mates and that's it.