TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

14 minutes ago, almne said:

I hid two eggs, and I’ll see if anybody was successful at getting a purple at 3 days left, or wait and hatch when less than a day is left.

From what I observed in a hatchery, 4 un-incubated eggs at 2d 23h hatched blue. So it seems we'll need to wait at least until they are down to 1d 23h un-incubated - maybe longer.

3 minutes ago, tjekan said:

You're right about things like gemshards, but most people don't like doing lineages with those either, for the same reason. I bred a few of those as holiday mates and that's it.

Tell me about it - I'm currently doing massive lineage projects on Nebulae. The amount of abandoning I'm doing is outrageous. 😡

So having a chance to influence what I'm getting will actually be a relief. I'm usually only egglocked during new releases anyway.  😆

So after watching the thread I've experimented with my own eggs these were the colors I got at the time of their hatching (aside from Purple because those eggs are fogged as of current to hatch at a later time).

Note: Fogging plays no role in what they hatch as because all were fogged at one point.

I got two green hatchlings after incubating two 4 days 13 hour eggs (their time reading 3 days 13 hours when hatched)

I got two blue Hatchlings after hatching two eggs at 3 days 10 hour eggs (no incubation with their time reading 3 days 10 hours when hatched)

With this in mind its save to say that hatching them would be as follows:

Green- must be incubated, hatched between 4 days to 3 days

Blue (no incubation)- hatched between 3 days 23 hours to 2 days

Blue (with incubation)- hatched between 2 days 23 hours to 1 days

And then of course purple in theory:

Purple: must be hatched between 1 day 23 hours to 1 day, no incubation

Hopefully this helps some people out but then again this is just going off of how I hatched mine this morning ^^

Edited by XiraCaster

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

From what I observed in a hatchery, 4 un-incubated eggs at 2d 23h hatched blue. So it seems we'll need to wait at least until they are down to 1d 23h un-incubated - maybe longer.

Mine was unincubated and hatched blue at 2d 23h, so my last two I'm going to wait until 1d . . . hopefully someone luckier than myself has some that will get there sooner so it can be verified before mine reach that stage.

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

To everyone stating they aren't going to have blues/purples should they have to wait 3+ days to wait for the eggs to hatch: What exactly is it you are playing the game for? For scroll completion? Or catching as many dragons as fast as possible, no matter what? Serious question because I honestly don't get it.

What's wrong with having two eggslots at a time taken up for 5 days in order to get what you need? It's so much easier (and faster) to do this than to catch other alt breeds and hatching and abandoning hatchies of the wrong colour.

I'm quite at a loss here. Maybe I'll meet my scroll goals for Siyats in spring 2019. So what? It's not a competition.

Yeah - my style fits that. I will live. I have often waited that long only  to find I got a wrong coloured nebula.To those who are miserable about it - my condolences.

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

It must have to do with the incubation time. It's in the description: "...determined by its incubation period ...allowed more time to develop..."

I haven't read through the last several pages. Has anyone left an egg till it was down to the last 24 hours? Have we even had them that long yet?

I have two that I plan to; incubated so I need to get down below one day, I fear... - if my travel plans have a Starbucks at the right point (I saw I'd need to hatch things OK, but I did NOT see this coming !)

19 minutes ago, Quetzals said:

Just for the record: I had 2 spotted eggs that were sick (and hatched them while being sick) and I got Blue hatchlings

Did you ward them, by chance?

6 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Tell me about it - I'm currently doing massive lineage projects on Nebulae. The amount of abandoning I'm doing is outrageous. 😡

So having a chance to influence what I'm getting will actually be a relief. I'm usually only egglocked during new releases anyway.  😆

It really just comes down to whether people think the fussy dragon is awesome enough to be worth the extra hassle. It takes twice as long to breed the right nebula as it takes to breed other dragons, but I really love nebulas, so I'm willing to spend twice as much effort on them. I'm really not willing to spend three times as much effort on gemshards or purple sayits. (ESPECIALLY not purple sayits, because they look essentially identical to blue and green ones, so there's really nothing I would ever use them for that the other colors wouldn't do just as well.)

But if gemshards or purple sayits were somebody's absolute favorite, they might indeed consider them three times as worthwhile as some other dragon. I'm happy with that option being available for people, I'm just not going to take it myself. There are too many other dragons I like better that I can breed three of instead of one of these guys. 😄

Edited by tjekan

1 minute ago, XiraCaster said:

So after watching the thread I've experimented with my own eggs these were the colors I got at the time of their hatching (aside from Purple because those eggs are fogged as of current to hatch at a later time).

Note: Fogging plays no role in what they hatch as because all were fogged at one point.

I got two green hatchlings after incubating two 4 days 13 hour eggs (their time reading 3 days 13 hours when hatched)

I got two blue Hatchlings after hatching two eggs at 3 days 10 hour eggs (no incubation with their time reading 3 days 10 hours when hatched)

With this in mind its save to say that hatching them would be as follows:

Green- must be incubated, hatched between 4 days to 3 days

Blue (no incubation)- hatched between 3 days 23 hours to 3 days

Blue (with incubation)- hatched between 2 days 23 hours to 2 days

And then of course purple in theory:

Purple (no incubation)- 2 days 23 hours to 2 days

Purple (with incubation)- 1 day 23 hours to 1 day

Hopefully this helps some people out but then again this is just going off of how I hatched mine this morning ^^

It would be interesting if green =must be incubated, blue=in between, purple=must not be incubated (under 1 day left out of seven)

1 minute ago, almne said:

It would be interesting if green =must be incubated, blue=in between, purple=must not be incubated (under 1 day left out of seven)

I'm beginning to have this thought as well, that the only way to get a purple is to not incubate it at all so you can get it down far enough without hitting ND status.

1 minute ago, almne said:

Yeah going from what someone said about one hatching blue at 2 days I updated the purple just to be hatched at 1 day 23 hours. Because had I not of incubated my Green ones they would have hatched blue so it would be interesting to see if that's exactly how it works. cx

4 minutes ago, XiraCaster said:

Yeah going from what someone said about one hatching blue at 2 days I updated the purple just to be hatched at 1 day 23 hours. Because had I not of incubated my Green ones they would have hatched blue so it would be interesting to see if that's exactly how it works. cx

I’m thinking 23hrs or less. 1 day 23 hrs would be 23 hrs if you incubated, so purple is only possible if you didn’t incubate at all.

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

It really just comes down to whether people think the fussy dragon is awesome enough to be worth the extra hassle. It takes twice as long to breed the right nebula as it takes to breed other dragons, but I really love nebulas, so I'm willing to spend twice as much effort on them.

TWICE ?

You've been lucky !

2 minutes ago, almne said:

I’m thinking 23hrs or less. 1 day 23 hrs would be 23 hrs if you incubated, so purple is only possible if you didn’t incubate at all.

That is true, seems risky going down to the wire like that but I'll try an egg at both times and see what happens ^^

I guess these are the best nd fodder as if they nd fail you get something cool that reflects the time you put into it out of it too. Plus these don't seem to require the number of views that zyus and prizes need so I don't think they're intended as rares. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

TWICE ?

You've been lucky !

There's only two color options per gender, so over enough breedings, yeah, it takes twice as long to breed a nebula as a regular dragon. And... I've been at it long enough to have enough breedings. 😉

Dang, I was hoping this would be figured out by morning. I say when we start getting adults and the thread is about to be closed and if we haven't figured it out by then hopefully the mechanic designer will deliver the punchline of the joke. I know we're all trying to figure this out, but not being able to has left me feeling kinda stupid and I don't like that feeling. A game based on raising dragons shouldn't make my head hurt with an Eisenstein-level conundrum. ^_^;  

8 minutes ago, tjekan said:

There's only two color options per gender, so over enough breedings, yeah, it takes twice as long to breed a nebula as a regular dragon. And... I've been at it long enough to have enough breedings. 😉

In my experience, no matter what colour you want, you'll first get at least 3-4 eggs of the other colour 😋

13 minutes ago, almne said:

This is why at this point I would prefer RNG or a three day rotation because this isn't for everyone and not everyone is willing to wait for purple

14 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Me too - and I have several nebbie lines, and.....

6 minutes ago, Gluria said:

In my experience, no matter what colour you want, you'll first get at least 3-4 eggs of the other colour 😋

I TOTALLY agree !

25 minutes ago, GuesssWho said:

I wish we got notifs about new releases, dammit

image.png.a298af13942ed7f847b5236132962d70.png
Well, it's not really a notification, but New Release threads always appear in the "Recent News" side column on the main site. I always keep an eye on it, just in case. Even for minor updates. xD

To the people asking why it’s a big deal for some that the purples take up an egg spot: for lineage breeders, it is. No, the scroll goal may not be to have as many dragons as fast as possible, but managing several lineages takes a ton of scroll space all the time. It means constantly raising eggs and/or catching good trade fodder to use as trade bait for needed mates. I’m not personally complaining. The mechanic is annoying to me, but it’s tolerable. I’m explaining why some people ARE so bothered by it. I’ll likely just trade for a few purples and be done with them. 

I predict that we will see a significant increase in the number of Neglected Dragons.  Among those that are not caveborn, most of them will have purple Siyat Dragons as parents. 😉