TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I have an un-BSA’d spotty due to hatch in eight hours. Let’s see if ADP’s theory holds up

ETA- it’s becoming more and more clear that this is probably it

Edited by Eeveecat1248

Whoo, got a blue hatchling! It hatched at 2 days 23 hours (incubated and influenced). I think you're onto something, @angelicdragonpuppy.

Edited by The Dragoness

if this is how they play, i'll get my scroll goals and then use them VERY rarely in lineages =P

either that or basically always end up with 1 or 2 egg slots tied up permanently in trying to hatch these until i get hte lineage results i'm after

Just now, Whirlaway said:

What a fun mechanic so far. 😕

Well, at least if it turns out to be this it’s way more predictable then Luminas, Gemshards, and Nebulas.

Oh my gosh. All of these reports of ADP's theory working is making me excited. Hatch, egg, hatch! Really starting to hope that this is it!

Okay, I'm going for it. Have an incubated egg at exactly 3 days, let's see what happens!

Okay! Egg I was waiting for finally hatched and it was blue at 4 days left no incubate used. Precog was also used on it (just for complete info)

Only other hatchling I have so far is green. Hatched at 4 days incubated (so =5 actual days left) Precog was also used on it.

Both eggs were caught on the 29th. Going to keep the third egg I caught the same time/day and wait to unfog it and see what happens. If it hatches purple we might be on to something. (Precog was also used on this one so they'll be all the same other than the time taken to hatch)

I actually wouldn't be so upset if adp is right! It makes sense, easier than a moon phase or hour, you can keep track so much easier. 

:^)

Like @Eeveecat1248 I’m just glad it’s not random. I’ll take having to be a bit old school with hatching every now and again over trying to get Gemshard colors. *Shudders*

so i have a whole slew of eggs to try this with, i'm just going to be egg locked for days until they're all under 2 or 3 days for the colors i need

i'll sort out my utterly messed up gender ratios once my lot all matures, becuase right now i'm so confused, even with precog, on what is what and what is going to be what color 

Edited by Sirithiliel

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

:^)

Like @Eeveecat1248 I’m just glad it’s not random. I’ll take having to be a bit old school with hatching every now and again over trying to get Gemshard colors. *Shudders*

Gemshards are pretty, but N to the OPE about trying to make a lineage. If I ever want to go insane, there are much more humane ways of doing it.

So we get purples how? By letting it go to natural 3 days? I'm too tired to think this out.

I don't even care if I'll have to hold onto these eggs for longer for different colors! I would have that over so many of the other possibilities people came up with, like view and the intervals they were caught at!! I'm just so happy that IF THIS IS IT, at least ONE mystery is getting solved tonight, because my head hurts but I wanted to stay up to try and find it out! 8') I don't mind waiting to find out about the purples another day, whether it's natural 3 days left or natural 2 days left or whatever.

So, to make sure I understand this correctly, if this theory is true, purples should be at 'natural' 3 days (2 days incubated)?  

Oh, thank goodness, I'm just so happy it isn't random. Gemshards are so pretty, but having to wait until they hatch is pretty lame.

Just now, purplehaze said:

So we get purples how? By letting it go to natural 3 days? I'm too tired to think this out.

I think so...? But I think I’ve seen posts from people with less than natural 3 days still getting blue. Hopefully it’s not using the BSA bolt...

1 minute ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

I think so...? But I think I’ve seen posts from people with less than natural 3 days still getting blue. Hopefully it’s not using the BSA bolt...

We can't go below natural 3days until tomorrow night. Right? Because I grabbed eggs right after release and they just hit 4days hatched

Well, at least if it turns out to be this it’s way more predictable then Luminas, Gemshards, and Nebulas.

Predictable, yes. But it also wastes an extra eggslot for a day or two every time you want to raise a blue or purple one. Essentially this  catching/breeding mechanic would negate the eggslot bonus we got from the platinum trophy. Happy unbirthday.

We don't HAVE to raise/breed them, though, it's up to each of us to decide if this particular dragon is really worth two extra days to acquire. I'll wait to see the adult sprite before making any decisions on that myself. 🙂

Just now, Eeveecat1248 said:

I think it's like this:

Green = more than 4 natural days left / more than 3 days left with incubate.

Blue = less than or equal to 4 natural days left / less than or equal to 3 natural days left with incubate.

Purple = ?????

These were just released Sunday, so nothing is naturally that low on time yet. :)

My brain is so scrambled right now. So, greens are 'natural' 5 days to, what, 4 days 1 hour? Then blues are 4 days to 3 days 1 hour? Assuming this theory is correct, I mean... Maybe I need to go to bed.