TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

So... any ideas what will happen with eggs that'll hatch with one day or less left on the clock? Would they go back to green again or stay purple (theorically anyway)?

Edited by scalesofgrey

1 minute ago, scalesofgrey said:

So... any ideas what will happen with eggs that'll hatch with one day or less left on the clock? Would they go back to green again or stay purple (theorically anyway)?

I think they'd just fall under the "purple rule" and come out purple. But hm, maybe experimentation would be good to confirm or deny that.

Anyway, the way these eggs are hatching reminds me of the 3 day cycle from Zelda: Majora's Mask. That just makes me even more hyped to see the adults :D

I have an extra eggslot, and I can't find any Spottie eggs, so I tried to summon a guardian (spoiler: it didn't work. Unsurprisingly). And now I'm just sitting here, wondering what to grab... :P

14 hours ago, Lagie said:

Thanks, Corteo! 

@Fortune86, you can put away the flamethrower. 😜

My first two have hatched green. My second two have not yet hatched and my third two were caught yesterday so won't hatch until tomorrow.

Awwwww. T-T

15 hours ago, Quetzals said:

I dislike Nebula Dragons mechanism for the reason that you can only find out the color at S2. Definetly prefer Gemshard-esque breeds over Nebula-esque breeds.

I think that once TJ's adults grow up their name and descriptions will help us find how these work.

On that pesky Nebula issue...

Spoiler

If you 'Sort By' & choose Breed Name on your scroll (not the permanent sort settings in the menu, but the little temporary drop-down sort option), the Nebula egg sorts with either regular Nebulas or alt Nebulas.

11 minutes ago, Arkee said:

I think they'd just fall under the "purple rule" and come out purple. But hm, maybe experimentation would be good to confirm or deny that. 

I'm definitely up for more testing, since both of my Reds won't get out of cooldown until the eggs have long hatched. It'll be nice to have a chance for green without requiring a BSA, especially since newer users (like me!) haven't build up their BSA numbers yet.

While everyone else is crowding the biomes the spotties drop in, I managed to catch a firegem and a lunar herald a drop or two apart. Niiice. I sure do love big releases!

I keep checking on TJ's hatchies even though I know full well when they'll be growing up :D

2 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

Am I thinking bolting/stunning the eggs would make them turn purple?

You can't stun eggs, that's hatchlings, I'm fairly sure.

I just saw a blue in AOTND. I guess it is based on hatch time....damn, wish I had left my fogged hatchlings for an extra hour.

EDIT: Still seeing greens hatching too. The hatchie in question was caught July 29th and hatched in the last hour.

Edited by Diamondinmyeye

20 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

While everyone else is crowding the biomes the spotties drop in, I managed to catch a firegem and a lunar herald a drop or two apart. Niiice. I sure do love big releases!

I keep checking on TJ's hatchies even though I know full well when they'll be growing up :D

Oh nice finds, I found a Blue Lunar Herald at the Volcano. I was hoping for a Gold or Bronze one lol

2 minutes ago, Cjcrazy said:

Oh nice finds, I found a Blue Lunar Herald at the Volcano. I was hoping for a Gold or Bronze one lol

Yeah, Indigos are dropping right now, not sure when they'll roll over to the next one. (But I'm glad the current chaos coincided with a Lunar colour I need CBs of :D)

Maybe if you keep it an egg (or hatchie) long enough you can trade it for another colour, though I'm not sure which one is next

I have a glow spot egg that hatched with 2 days 22 hours left. It was influenced and incubated. It's a blue hatchling.

Edited by whitestar

True, I might keep the Indigo one though, I have none of the sprites "open", I have all of the Silver one (Egg --> Adult) and Gold and Bronze I have Egg and S1/2 Hatchis unlocked, but not Adult and Indigo is only Egg. So I might keep breeding them, even if I have the Encyclopedia completed. :D

16 hours ago, Corteo said:

HI friends, a couple things...

1. I can confirm that luminae are influenced by the moon and it transitions in waves. Unfortunately, the ratios have been influencing the outcome to make it way less predictable than I had hoped. Maybe something to look into.  But for now you have “official” confirmation. 

2. I have learned from the Dark Lumina mistake.  I don’t play with a focus on lineages but I have learned not to break them. 

3. The mechinism for these is reliable and will not break lineages*. 

4. I love you all and let’s wait and see how it works before we set everything on fire. 

thanks so much for this info! and I totally agree to 4. lol :D

And as always, I'm late... damn my luck.
Now I will have to suffer to try to get the new dragons X3

I got a blue by hatching at 3 days 20 hours without incubate

Stolen on:Jul 29, 2018

Hatched on:Aug 01, 2018

and another one I got from someone else

Stolen on: Jul 29, 2018

Hatched on: Aug 01, 2018

not sure if this one got incubated tho

Edited by DarkEternity

4 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

Oh, that's interesting! I've caught several new ones yesterday. I haven't incubated them, so I'll keep those not-incubated.

Did you influence them?

Just now, Sheriziya said:

Oh, that's interesting! I've caught several new ones yesterday. I haven't incubated them, so I'll keep those not-incubated.

Did you influence them?

no influence/precog either

Just now, DarkEternity said:

no influence/precog either

Interesting.

It's fun to see results of experiments :D

8 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

If you got it as an egg, it would have lost incubate.

I am going to SUFFER getting purples.... I am NOT the patient type. But now we need to find out about bred ones - do we need to wait them out too ?

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you got it as an egg, it would have lost incubate.

I am going to SUFFER getting purples.... I am NOT the patient type. But now we need to find out about bred ones - do we need to wait them out too ?

The second one was a hatchie (blue)

Edited by DarkEternity

Dumping my data for the nice people who try to find out whats happening here... I influenced none of them and did not use precog.

fIfIH - caught Jul 30, 2018 - Coast - incubated - green

ZNxIZ - caught Jul 30, 2018 - Coast - incubated - green

Jz94c - caught Jul 30, 2018 - Coast - incubated - green

erKcH - caught Jul 30, 2018 - Coast - incubated - green

o0ILd - caught Jul 29, 2018 - Alpine - incubated - green

iMZLT - caught Jul 29, 2018 - Coast - not incubated, found as an ER on the AP - blue

vQeMq - caught Jul 29, 2018 - Coast - not incubated, found as an ER on the AP - blue

OK I have hidden two eggs to hold out for purple. I may get VERY depressed here...