TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

We can't go below natural 3days until tomorrow night. Right? Because I grabbed eggs right after release and they just hit 4days hatched

Good point. It was probably an incubated egg.my brain is going weird. It’s almost 1:30. Do pigeons have feelings?

Edited by Eeveecat1248

Litebrite dragons are quite fond of lecturing children about the virtue of patience. “Be patient with one another, or you’ll be eaten by Purple People Eater Pygmies! AND ALL YOUR EGGS WILL BE GREEN!!!”

^ Actual Litebrite description, obtained by me from Corteo at Purple People Eater Pygmy point 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

so basically dont' use incubate, unless you want a green xD

incubated, hatching at 4 days after incubation, = green

not incubated, hatching at 4 days naturally (or 3 days if incuated) = blue

not incubated, hatching at 3 days naturally (or 2 days if incubated) = purple

that's how it appears to be at least

so i have 4 eggs precogged male and 1 green hatchie precog'd male, and 2 eggs precogged female and 1 green hatchie precog'd female. So if i hatch 2 male eggs and 1 female egg at 3 days, and then 2 male eggs and 1 female egg at 2 days, i will have 3 purples and 3 blues, with 2 males and 1 female of each

Edited by Sirithiliel

Too many pages so I can't keep up, but what if yesterday was a 'greens only' day, today is 'blues and greens' day and thus making tomorrow a 'blues only' day?

1 minute ago, Cjcrazy said:

...I'm lost lol

Basically if you use incubate and hatch as soon as you can you get green. If you don’t use incubate and still hatch as soon as possible, you get blue. We’re still experimenting with purple

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Litebrite dragons are quite fond of lecturing children about the virtue of patience. “Be patient with one another, or you’ll be eaten by Purple People Eater Pygmies! AND ALL YOUR EGGS WILL BE GREEN!!!”

^ Actual Litebrite description, obtained by me from Corteo at Purple People Eater Pygmy point 

whaaaaa!? Hints?

#seemslegit

2 minutes ago, Cjcrazy said:

...I'm lost lol

If you incuhatch an egg (ie hatch it as soon as possible), it’s green.

If you wait until it can hatch naturally (or incubate but then for some reason wait a day), it’s blue.

If you wait an extra day after it can hatch naturally (or incubate but then for some reason wait two days), it’s purple.

In theory.

Seems legit. :lol: I'll buy into that.

3 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Predictable, yes. But it also wastes an extra eggslot for a day or two every time you want to raise a blue or purple one. Essentially this  catching/breeding mechanic would negate the eggslot bonus we got from the platinum trophy. Happy unbirthday.

We don't HAVE to raise/breed them, though, it's up to each of us to decide if this particular dragon is really worth two extra days to acquire. I'll wait to see the adult sprite before making any decisions on that myself. 🙂

I am not at all happy with the idea of wasting 2 days to get my favorite color. I incubate EVERYTHING. :(  

I agree that the adult sprite will be important in helping me make the decision about how hard I will try to get all the colors. I can deal better with all the other special mechanics we have than with this one. But that is just me. Your results may vary.

I just wonder...

Ohhh, but what if I leave it Fogged until its about 3-4 days? That counts? :3

It’s way too late/early for this and I just though. I do not like green eggs and ham. Just tell me how to get the freakin blue and purple eggs (and ham. I’m hungry.)

Edited by Eeveecat1248

I’m glad these came after the trade hub. Also, I hope they show up often enough in the cave that we get a lot of the variants offered there. 

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Haha

Glad somebody else is calling them Litebrites! Loved those things

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

i wish y ou could put notes on an egg @.@ like...'hatch at 2 days, will be male'

That would be awesome. I literally have 6 post-it notes and 10 computer-desktop 'sticky notes' dedicated to DC notes, it would be awesome if we could do it in the game itself. 

I'm going to try to trade for an ER-timed egg in the morning when my Ice is off cooldown, 'cause the only spotted egg I have left is still over 6 day and I don't want to wait that long to see if I can get a purple, lol.

i had sorted them by 'male' and 'female', but i think now that i knwo that, i'll sort them by 'hatch at 2 days' and 'atch at 3 days', using unnamed hatchligns as the dividers

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am not at all happy with the idea of wasting 2 days to get my favorite color. I incubate EVERYTHING. :(  

I agree that the adult sprite will be important in helping me make the decision about how hard I will try to get all the colors. I can deal better with all the other special mechanics we have than with this one. But that is just me. Your results may vary.

I just wonder...

As you said mileage does vary, but I’ll take a guaranteed 4d wait over a statistic 6d wait to get the right Genshard. At least I have CONTROL. >__<

3 minutes ago, Looti said:

Haha

Glad somebody else is calling them Litebrites! Loved those things

I think you were the one who gave me the idea xD

8 minutes ago, Cjcrazy said:

Ohhh, but what if I leave it Fogged until its about 3-4 days? That counts? :3

If it hatches at exactly 4d down to 3d1h it’ll be Blue, exactly 3d and under will be Purple, so yes.

in theory. :)

I'm a big nerd, so I guess I'll just name my first blue after Bayonetta's guns

4uzrvjG.png

34 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

*Meanwhile on the other side of the field*

”I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY MR ‘I CREATED THIS GAME SO I’M THE REFEREE’ TJ09, MY DRAGON DESERVES TO BE ON THE BLUE TEAM! PUT HIM ON THE BLUE TEAM OR I THROW CAPRI SUNS AND GATORADE AT YOU LIKE WATER BALLOONS!!”

I love this. XD

Hatched my egg with 4d left: turned out blue. Didn't use any BSAs.

I'm gonna side with the theory that the day of the week influences hatching colour?

Hey, count your blessings. No mechanic will ever be more tedious/time wasting/slot wasting than NDs, LOL