TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

2 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

So ADP pointed out earlier than if you incubate, the timer says it's a day earlier than the true time on the egg.

If you incubate an egg, eggs between 2 and 3 days left should be blue. Eggs between 1 and 2 days left should be purple.

Without incubate, this is between 3 and 4, and 2 and 3, respectively.

As the theory goes.

Hmmmm...Will have to see. I will keep the one pair hidden yet then. Such a patience trying mechanic. XD

Forgive my rantishness... I had just got up and hadn't had any coffee yet. 

Edited by JavaTigress

5 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

My thoughts on breeds with color-changing mechanics: the more the merry, but PLEASE give us the option on how to obtain them upon release. Some people enjoy taking the time to experiment and see what produces what and others like me just would rather know from the get go. Having the option to know the solution on how to obtain X or Y color would prevent a lot of headaches for some people.

I agree very much with this.

In fact how about this for an idea? Many people enjoy figuring this kind of thing out; many people don't want the hassle or the worry, etc. and just want to know how to obtain these kinds of colour-changing dragons. There is a way to keep both lots of people happy: Set up a thread/section/whatever it's called where the Spriter(s) and/or TJ posts the mechanics of how it's done. That way those of us who want to know how to get different colours, go there and find out. But those folk who don't want to know don't go to the thread. Those of us who do want to know and find out how to do it, will promise that we won't share the information in the News post or anywhere else public other than on the actual information thread.

Surely that keeps everyone happy? Well unless of course the Spriter(s) and/or TJ are sadistic and enjoy watching us tear our hair out as we try to puzzle things out 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 (I am just kidding here).

6 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

This. i may as Well DUMP four of mine because  I incubated the lot.... and NOW I won't be able to replace them.

On top of that, even if I catch them,  I am going to have to WAIT an outrageous amount of time if I want the other colors... NOT cool or fair at all.

I like my incubates....

Try teleporting them to a friend and back to you? The incubate wears off then. Maybe that will help?

The time you have to wait is exactly the same - it KNOWS about incubate and you have to wait the extra day anyway.

2 minutes ago, Nakeisha said:

I agree very much with this.

In fact how about this for an idea? Many people enjoy figuring this kind of thing out; many people don't want the hassle or the worry, etc. and just want to know how to obtain these kinds of colour-changing dragons. There is a way to keep both lots of people happy: Set up a thread/section/whatever it's called where the Spriter(s) and/or TJ posts the mechanics of how it's done. That way those of us who want to know how to get different colours, go there and find out. But those folk who don't want to know don't go to the thread. Those of us who do want to know and find out how to do it, will promise that we won't share the information in the News post or anywhere else public other than on the actual information thread.

Surely that keeps everyone happy? Well unless of course the Spriter(s) and/or TJ are sadistic and enjoy watching us tear our hair out as we try to puzzle things out 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 (I am just kidding here).

There is absolutely no way there would not be any kind of crossover spoiler from this. People would undoubtedly post about it in the News thread. Just wait a couple days, somebody else will figure it out for you, no headache.

And yes, like Fuzz says, you don't have to wait any longer with incubate. According to the current theory, the colour is based on the AGE of the egg, not the timer.

Edited by Aalbiel

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

The time you have to wait is exactly the same - it KNOWS about incubate and you have to wait the extra day anyway.

Well,let us at least hope the adults are worth the extra wait. ;)

Just another hour until TJ's first hatchie grows! :D

ETA: Pfft Aalbiel was faster

I can't wait!!

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

Very nice new eggs. I love the idea to set up spots in differeent colours on the spotted egg. 🙂

The other tiny egg is nice as well.

Adding a bit of data, I am looking at the scroll of a friend while she's away on a trip, her eggs were caught the day of the release, were influenced but not incubated and hatched blue. I incubated one of the remaining eggs that was at 4 days 6 hrs and hatched green. I will fog the rest so she can get some purples... if the theory is right :D

First, I love the new eggs & dragons.

If the hatching time is indeed the color determiner, does the brightness of the spots on the egg vary with the age of the egg? So you can tell when it is "done" for the color you want to hatch?

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I just saw a blue hatchie over at Valley Sherwood. It seems they're color coded to the day. Those that hatched on the 31st are green, those on the 1st are blue & I bet tomorrow any that hatch then will be purple. So while easy in theory to get all as CBs, it is kind of a pain to sit there & figure out when to grab/breed eggs in order to get the color you want.

It's too bad we can't trade gem shards in the trading hub, or trade eggs in for them at the market. The only really promising element of this coloration mechanic is that new/"poor" players can spend the extra days raising purple eggs and trade them to the cranky oldbies who don't want to waste their time on it. No one's going to actually trade a rare for them, though, and people don't want commons that badly. If people could trade like 50 or 100 shards for one, enterprising litebriters could save up for a gold.

Hey, has anybody wondered if it could be by month? All the hatchies from July 31st are green, and August 1st are all blue. 12 does divide evenly by 3...

But I'm hoping it's the every 3 day thing because I really wanted green, but my eggs are being stubborn and didnt hatch last night. 

Well ,my incubated and well viewed eggs hatched green.  My well viewed (but not incubated) hatched blue.  I have 3 eggs that I nabbed after the incubated ones hatched, and got them well viewed (but not incubated) before I knew this was a time based difference, not the location based...  so they are now all fogged.  Any ideas on how long they should stay fogged to aim for purples, since I have 2 green and 2 blue already?

no offense to Corteo , but  what a royal waste of egg space- they are pretty but that's where it will end. I may never get purple, because a week waiting just doesn't fit my schedule>

8 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

I'm considering it could be based on time left... since my dragon was below 3 days 0 hours, it was, technically speaking, 2 days x hours.

and if that's right that means that the only thing purples could be is 1 day x hours.

I originally thought that they must hatch depending on biome so I got 2 eggs from Forest, 2 from Coast and 2 from Alpine. But now that theory is proved wrong your theory sounds very possible and so I will test it out.

I have had two eggs hatch green and they were at about 3 days and 22 hours.

I have four more eggs all ready to hatch, but I have them all fogged at 3 days and 9 hours. I will hatch 2 once they reach under 2 days and the other two when they reach under 1 day. Hopefully this will be it, but we will know for sure whether or not it is.

Edit: I am rather enjoying trying to figure this all out, it is fun.

Edited by Dubious

11 minutes ago, tjekan said:

It's too bad we can't trade gem shards in the trading hub, or trade eggs in for them at the market. The only really promising element of this coloration mechanic is that new/"poor" players can spend the extra days raising purple eggs and trade them to the cranky oldbies who don't want to waste their time on it.

Was that really necessary? 😕

2 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

Was that really necessary? 😕

Well, since I self-identify as a cranky oldbie, it was meant in a more affectionate way than it may have come across on the screen. 🙂

Can anyone spell out for me how the mechanic works (or how we think it works)? With and without incubation? I.e. what time do I need it to hatch for it to be green, purple, or blue, with or without incubation?

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

Well, since I self-identify as a cranky oldbie, it was meant in a more affectionate way than it may have come across on the screen. 🙂

Gotcha! Just wanted to check ❤️

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

Well, and ACTUALLY...I am unsure I would be OPPOSED to the idea of being able to offer our shards for trades. BUT that is probably not a topic for this thread.

3 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

Can anyone spell out for me how the mechanic works (or how we think it works)? With and without incubation? I.e. what time do I need it to hatch for it to be green, purple, or blue, with or without incubation?

Incubated:

X = time left when hatched
X > 3d Green
3d > X > 2d Blue
2d > X Purple

Natural:
X = TRUE time left when hatched
X > 4d Green
4d > X > 3d Blue
3d > X Purple

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Incubated:

X = time left when hatched
X > 3d Green
3d > X > 2d Blue
2d > X Purple

Natural:
X = TRUE time left when hatched
X > 4d Green
4d > X > 3d Blue
3d > X Purple

Okay so, does this mean that the best way to go is:

Get as many views as possible without getting it sick

Green: don't fog, it will hatch green as soon as it reaches 4d left

Blue: when approaching 4d left, fog, and unfog when it's between 3d23h and 3d1h left

Purple: when approaching 4d left, fog, and unfog when it has 2d23h left or less.

If incubated, remove 1d from all above mentioned times.

Correct?