TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Yes!! My baby finally hatched blue! With that, I'm plenty happy for the time being while we're still figuring out purples, and I'm going to BED, because I'm exhausted, and I'm satisfied knowing how these dragons work, and that it's not going to be super-complicated to obtain its different colors. XD

41 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

*Meanwhile on the other side of the field*

”I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY MR ‘I CREATED THIS GAME SO I’M THE REFEREE’ TJ09, MY DRAGON DESERVES TO BE ON THE BLUE TEAM! PUT HIM ON THE BLUE TEAM OR I THROW CAPRI SUNS AND GATORADE AT YOU LIKE WATER BALLOONS!!”

Yelling at the refs?

tenor.gif?itemid=9872094

And all of Eeveecat's new dragons are instantly turned into waterhorses for yelling at the ref =P

Edited by Sirithiliel

Finally going to bed FOR REALZIES, final thoughts:

- I hope these guys have a good lore based reason for why they behave as they do. I think they will (color changes based on time related egg health is surprisingly logical), but going back to darn Dark Luminas again... nothing in the description makes any reference as to why the moon has any impact on them, much less why only the blue moon does. Annoyances are easier to stomach if you can at least acknowledge a cool reason. And don’t get me started on Solstices, who got the “wing color is based on aurora exposure” thing shoehorned in only after it was found that, surprise, retiring a sprite isn’t going to go over well. We deserve better. Hope these guys have good lore to go with what looks like good looks.

- I also really hope they become a meme and anytime someone’s being impatient someone says “REMEMBER THE MORAL OF THE LITEBRITES” in the text equivalent of a lovingly nagging old granny.

7 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Yelling at the refs?

tenor.gif?itemid=9872094

Yes. Always blame the refs when its your fault lol. 

Going to sleep too, can't wait to see adults in the morning. 

Just missed a copper because I had forgot what it's description was and hesitated xP

So the colour possibility is based on moon phase and the exact colour is based on when they hatch?

just checking in, have we seen any purples hatch yet?

if it's time based... wonder what color you'd get from a really premature hatch (ie earthquake)?

13 minutes ago, DarkDagger said:

just checking in, have we seen any purples hatch yet?

if it's time based... wonder what color you'd get from a really premature hatch (ie earthquake)?

Good question, but I wouldn't risk it. ;-;

15 hours ago, Nine said:

Had two green ones hatch around 3d16h left, so now I'm fogging and going to stall the others to see if they hatch different. Probably doesn't matter, it's probably related to something like day of the week, or hour, or if it's cloudy outside. But I figure it doesn't hurt to try, since I think all eggs have to hit 3d23h before they can technically hatch, and 3d, 2d, 1d hatching timers would fit three outcomes. I really hope I'm wrong though, since having to hang onto an egg for longer than 4 days for a certain color is ... annoying, to say the least.

Stfu why'd you have to be right in your theory, jerk.

I just unfogged my incubated egg at 2d23h left and got a blue, so I'll keep the other two fogged until tomorrow where they should hopefully turn purple. My sympathies go out to all the users who ended up hatching all their eggs into green before word got out and suspicions started formulating on a weird mechanic. That really sucks and I wish something could have been said sooner, a hint or some mention of time based hatching, so early hatchers weren't blindsided.

If these end up being relatively easy enough to catch, I won't mind using my scroll to rot eggs into purples and swap them for greens (not like I use my slots for much these days). At least things were figured out though and it ended up not being a seasonal or complicated moon-based mechanic.

Edit: I just assume that's the mechanic, I could still be wrong of course. I don't pay attention to the moon cycle thing so I don't know if it's relevant.

Edited by Nine

I'm way too tired to read through 20 more pages.

So according to ADP's theory, to get blue I can just hatch my unincubated egg at 4d? Or do I need to fog it until 3d23h?

1 minute ago, Aalbiel said:

I'm way too tired to read through 20 more pages.

So according to ADP's theory, to get blue I can just hatch my unincubated egg at 4d? Or do I need to fog it until 3d23h?

I believe several people have reported getting Blues exactly at 4d, but I’d err on the side of caution and wait the extra hour.

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I believe several people have reported getting Blues exactly at 4d, but I’d err on the side of caution and wait the extra hour.

Eh, can't be bothered, I'll err on the side of confirming whether you can get Blues at 4d and report in ^^ FOR SCIENCE!

Edited by Aalbiel

That's certainly new. I hope I'll be able to collect more cbs. All of mine hatched green.

RIP, All mine hatched green. Hoping to get more now so I can collect'em all. Good luck everyone.

The page count on this doubled overnight o.o what the heck happened?

ETA: So the colours are based on how old they hatch? That's what I'm gathering from the last two pages. And in that case, seriously?!

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

Ooh, just saw a winged green hatchling in the Hatching Club! The hype!

@Crowned_Ladybug Blue babies were born and there were theories on how to get them. Current one is that you have to wait another day or two for blue/purple.

Edit 2: One of mine has wings now, too 😊

Edited by Arkee

All the ones I picked up on release and let grow naturally all turned out blue, catch date Jul 29th. The one I caught half a day later but still on the 29th, I incubated just now when it had 4d 1hr left and it came out green. Picked up a few more, let's see if someone figures out exactly how purple happens :D

6 minutes ago, Arkee said:

@Crowned_Ladybug Blue babies were born and there were theories on how to get them. Current one is that you have to wait another day or two for blue/purple.

Aw beans. Thanks for the summary though.

If the theories are true and you really gotta wait two extra days for a purple then I hope I won't like the adult sprite so that I won't want to collect more of them. Not trying to be mean, interesting mechanic I guess, but I cba to let an egg hog a spot for twice as long as it usually would just to collect 'em all.

Mine so far, confirming ADP's theory:

Incubated, hatched at 4d (but actually 5d because incubate - basically egg was 2 days old): Green

Non-incubated, hatched at 4d (3 days old): Blue

Like many others I will fog one to hatch (unincubated) at 3d (4 days old) and see if that makes a purple.

I've not posted here yet, but as I've been reading this thread and been just as confounded by this whole thing as most everyone else, I'll post my results (note that I used Incubate on all of my eggs).

I have two greens that were both hatched as soon as it was possible (so yesterday when they reached 4d).

I got two blues today, both hatched almost immediately upon reaching 3d.

I'm currently sitting on two more first-day eggs, which I'll be keeping fogged until they reach 2d to see if they hatch purple.

All mine hatched blue. I didn't incuhatch them, so I can't swear they popped at precisely 4 days, but I suspect so. Of course now I can't seem to catch any new ones so can't even try to get any greens, let alone purples. Harumph. 

Wow wow wow, interesting mechanics! I have a bunch of non-incubated spots growing up in a few hours, so they should probably hatch blue, right? Man, getting purples is going to be a trouble for my impatient backside, luckily the blue has been my favorite color so far. Can't wait to see the adults soon!!