TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

All of the blues I've seen so far were from the Alpine. I don't know if that's significant, but it's weird.

Just saw one in NDD from Forest. 

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Or don’t incubate. I wonder if precognition doesn’t trigger it, since it’s not a direct touch BSA?

if purple is required to use 0 BSAs, then you can't do anything like Incubate or Influence. Might not even be able to Ward if it gets sick  =P

Edited by Sirithiliel

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ahhh, I think I’m on to something... :)

I only used an incubate on mine, and they hatched green yesterday. I'm sure others didn't, so your theory for greens can't work

I do know several people who incubated AND influenced; either they're not online right now, or their dragons hatched blue/green too.

I went and influenced my other egg slated to hatch today, that was not incubated. Theoretically, if it is BSA based, that dragon will be blue too.

Is there any chance the time left is a contributing factor? Does anyone remember how much time each of their eggs had left before they hatched?

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ahhh, I think I’m on to something... :)

Second of my two that I unfogged hatched green just now. 

Checked my action log, both were incubated, neither were influenced...

both grabbed the 29th

both hatched 1700-1800 views. 

both hatched green.

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I only used an incubate on mine, and they hatched green yesterday. I'm sure others didn't, so your theory for greens can't work

...Then I’m at a loss again. Meh.

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

if purple is required to use 0 BSAs, then you can't do anything like Incubate or Influence. Might not even be able to Ward if it gets sick  =P

This theory for purple can't work, since some blues are being born that had 0 BSAs used on them

OMG, if it's view-based, I call bs. I can handle BSA usage maybe but if the color is based on how many views you have... No, just no. Pls no. I'm not here often enough to monitor views on my stuff.

Mine hatched green, only used Incubate on it. Caught on 29th, hatched on 31st. Used the Incubate on the last day, only two hours before it hatched on the 4 day mark (5 day technically if I hadn't used Incubate), due to the sudden hatchlings-only-hatching-green comments happening here.

Edited by animatedrose

Perhaps it's by the time it was grabbed? Maybe green since a lot of people grabbed it around midnight DC time. Blue in the morning and Purple at Sunset and Sunrise? Hmmm...

1 minute ago, Toasttt said:

Is there any chance the time left is a contributing factor? Does anyone remember how much time each of their eggs had left before they hatched?

My egg was at 3 days 0 hours left exactly, and hatched blue.

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

...Then I’m at a loss again. Meh.

*sigh 

yup.

well, i have 5 eggs. 4 from yesterday DC time, 1 from tonight DC time. 4 have had INcubate used on them, 1 has had absolutely nothing. So i'll see what they hatch into in two to three days down the road...

Wow. Looks like the folks who thought this might be some ridiculous complicated ritual based on using BSA's in irritating ways might have been right after all. All right, I'm done here. Good night-- and have fun, those of you who find this kind of thing fun. 🙂

Message from Cort via Discord: they aren't viewbased

Just now, animatedrose said:

OMG, if it's view-based, I call bs. I can handle BSA usage maybe but if the color is based on how many views you have... No, just no. Pls no. I'm not here often enough to monitor views on my stuff.

Mine hatched green, only used Incubate on it. Caught on 29th, hatched on 31st. Used the Incubate on the last day, only two hours before it hatched, due to the sudden hatchlings-only-hatching-green comments happening here.

It's not viewbased, whew. Cort said so a few minutes ago in the DC Discord!

Just now, Chronomaly said:

Perhaps it's by the time it was grabbed? Maybe green since a lot of people grabbed it around midnight DC time. Blue in the morning and Purple at Sunset and Sunrise? Hmmm...

It can't be that. My blue was caught at midnight on the 29th; the same time my green that hatched yesterday was, right after the release. 

Just now, Dalek Raptor said:

Message from Cort via Discord: they aren't viewbased

Thank gooooddnesss

I didn’t influence my first, but did incubate and it was green. FWIW I have 3 green and the bottom 2 here I took out of hatcheries right after they hatched so this is pretty much their hatching stats:

9402885D-AFCF-4438-A039-17CC142E007E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Fiona said:

.I got a blue one. :)

Caught on release day just after midnight. Not incubated.

ETA: Now I have two blue ones. Neither were incubated. Both were caught within a half hour of the initial release. I used precog on both, influence on one of them. They hatched with stats very similar to the green one I got yesterday. The green one was incubated. I also used precog on that one but not influence. 

Just poking this up, since it may be relevant. My green one hatched yesterday with 4 days showing on the timer. My blue ones hatched today with 4 days showing on the timer. They were all caught at the same time.

Edited by Fiona

1 minute ago, Chronomaly said:

It's not viewbased, whew. Cort said so a few minutes ago in the DC Discord!

THANK GOD!!

4 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

My first one had about 3 days 23 hours, possibly 22 hours... The one just now had 3 days 5 hours I believe? Both hatched green. 

1 minute ago, Fiona said:

Just poking this up, since it may be relevant.

so maybe it's tied to WHICH BSAs were used rather than the number? interesting theory...

so...

1. it's not biome based

2. it's not view based

3. it's not time grabbed

4. it's not time hatched

5. it's not BSA's used on it apparently

6. Every egg that was grabbed and incubated to hatch yesterday came out green, but now eggs that have been incubated or hatched natrually are appearing blue now and then, apparently at random

what else is there we haven't tried yet that is resulting in this apparently random appearance of blues?

Edited by Sirithiliel