TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I really REALLY want to see the adults now...! And I keep slapping my hand away from incubating my second batch of spotted eggs ><

I mostly incubate everything with my hellish horde...

I'm in the habit of incubating.

all my incubated eggs hatched green yesterday.

I'm actually happy, because I like green best, but I still need a few of the other colors, and so I have to wait a few days for my next batch to naturaly reach 4 days, and 3 days. (will take forever)

Seriously!? Can someone please tell us how to the fudge to get purple!? You can't just throw a new mechanic in for a dragon with people wanting a certain colour and we can't get that right away!!!

I had three fully cracked eggs this morning caught on release day that had not been incubated with 4 days a few hours left. I just incubated one (4d2h before incubation) and it hatched green. I have the other two fogged (both at 4d7h) and will unhide them after the 3 day 23 hour mark or so and hopefully it will hatch the second color.

Ugh, that seems like a very bad way to get purple honestly 😠 I don't want to hoard all these eggs just having to wait until they become 2 days before hatching them for purple. It's a waste of time imo when I could be using that time to collect something else

I agree; it's a mechanic that hampers many people's playstyle. If that is the actual mechanic, I'll likely get a purple or two and be done with the breed. That extra two/three days could go to something else.

Sad, because purple is my favorite, and blue is second. Of course my least favorite color is the only one that's easy to get haha.

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Sad, because purple is my favorite, and blue is second. Of course my least favorite color is the only one that's easy to get haha.

To me blue is easiest to get, because it just involves doing nothing ^^ No fogging, no BSAs. Luckily it's my fav.

Edited by Aalbiel

9 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Ugh, that seems like a very bad way to get purple honestly 😠 I don't want to hoard all these eggs just having to wait until they become 2 days before hatching them for purple. It's a waste of time imo when I could be using that time to collect something else

Inconvenient for you (and me) maybe - but hardly BAD. It doesn't take all THAT long - is it confirmed that it's 2 days, though ? I thought someone said 3 if natural, 2 if incubated ?

I am impatience on wheels, but even I can't see it as a HUGE thing not being able to grab stuff for a couple of days.

If this mechanic is true it doesn't bother me at all. You just have to be patient for getting color you want. Getting right colored nebulas or gemshards is in my opinion harder and requires more time.

6 minutes ago, Cyberr said:

If this mechanic is true it doesn't bother me at all. You just have to be patient for getting color you want. Getting right colored nebulas or gemshards is in my opinion harder and requires more time.

Yep! Getting the correct colour Gemshard will take much longer on average, and even longer if RNG is against you ^^ This mechanic (while I probably won't be building lineages myself bc effort) is interesting in that it provides more control. Assuming we're correct ^^

1 minute ago, Aalbiel said:

Yep! Getting the correct colour Gemshard will take much longer on average, and even longer if RNG is against you ^^ This mechanic (while I probably won't be building lineages myself bc effort) is interesting in that it provides more control. Assuming we're correct ^^

Yep! My friend is trying to make lineage with right colored nebulas and gemshards and it's veeery hard.

Also I like all the colors. I traded dino for 4 green ones (they're so cute), and I'm going to hatch one blue and one purple if everything will go ok.

3 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Oh GEEZ yes. I am so sick of gemshards. And nebbies not showing colour till S2, as well.This is MUCH easier.

OK, I am getting SUPER miffed. ALL of mine are hatching out green. I really don't want to have to hunt more and then do... what For the other colors?:unsure:

I am pretty ticked at having to DUMP the ones I hunted so hard for. Seriously?

Edited by JavaTigress

I dunno, I've never been one to think... oh well this mechanic might be annoying but at least it's not like X. Like, yes. Gemshards and nebula are the bane of many of our existences. That doesn't mean that this mechanic isn't also annoying.

I am happy that Aalbiel pointed out blues are the norm though - there are so many dragons to pair them with ! Blusangs, Azure Glacewings... I'm thinking they'll look good with Avatars of Creation honestly. Maybe even Moonstones, I've never had a lineage plan for them... hm. Since blue is the norm maybe I WILL bother with these guys :P

My thoughts on breeds with color-changing mechanics: the more the merry, but PLEASE give us the option on how to obtain them upon release. Some people enjoy taking the time to experiment and see what produces what and others like me just would rather know from the get go. Having the option to know the solution on how to obtain X or Y color would prevent a lot of headaches for some people.

Well otherwise, you can just wait a week, and people will figure it out for you ^^ (I say a week as a generous estimate, unless we're talking Dark Lumina it usually takes less than 3 days.)

2 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

My thoughts on breeds with color-changing mechanics: the more the merry, but PLEASE give us the option on how to obtain them upon release. Some people enjoy taking the time to experiment and see what produces what and others like me just would rather know from the get go. Having the option to know the solution on how to obtain X or Y color would prevent a lot of headaches for some people.

This. i may as Well DUMP four of mine because  I incubated the lot.... and NOW I won't be able to replace them.

On top of that, even if I catch them,  I am going to have to WAIT an outrageous amount of time if I want the other colors... NOT cool or fair at all.

I like my incubates....

Edited by JavaTigress

Just 2 more hours 'til we see the adults—I'm excited! As for the "Spots", I'm glad to see a few blue ones running around... at least.

@JavaTigress; incubated eggs can still become blue or purple. It just takes longer because it seems to be based on "true," time left, so you still have to wait an extra day.

1 minute ago, JavaTigress said:

This. i may as Well DUMP four of mine because  I incubated the lot.... and NOW I won't be able to replace them. On top of that I am going to have to WAIt an outrageous amount of time if I want the other colors... NOT cool or fair at all.

This exactly. Since TJ and Cort are the only two people who know how to get the purple ones so far, other people may be willing to wait but then the other half of Dragon Cave are impatient with new mechanics. Normally, I'm usually on the more patient end. However, since one of the colours is purple, I'm on the more impatient end. 

1 minute ago, Alrexwolf said:

@JavaTigress; incubated eggs can still become blue or purple. It just takes longer because it seems to be based on "true," time left, so you still have to wait an extra day.

OK< I am confused then?

Maybe  need to go and get some caffeine in my brain before trying to sort this out further.

So ADP pointed out earlier than if you incubate, the timer says it's a day earlier than the true time on the egg.

If you incubate an egg, eggs between 2 and 3 days left should be blue. Eggs between 1 and 2 days left should be purple.

Without incubate, this is between 3 and 4, and 2 and 3, respectively.

As the theory goes.

12 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

OK, I am getting SUPER miffed. ALL of mine are hatching out green. I really don't want to have to hunt more and then do... what For the other colors?:unsure:

I am pretty ticked at having to DUMP the ones I hunted so hard for. Seriously?

Just hide the eggs till they hit <4 hours for blue or <2 for purple. (<3 and <1 if incubated)