TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

1 minute ago, Nightmelody said:

Until proven otherwise I think my theory is that it's which bsa is used that matters... incubate gets green. precog gets blue.... maybe stun to get purple?

That would be so frustrating. But what if you used none of them?

There’s got to be something to the fact that blues only appeared the instant the time flipped over. Whether that’s incubation or not, it seems like it has to be tied to that.

also this thread goes to fast XD 

I'm praying we don't have to intentionally put eggs down to 2 or 1 day left for hatching just to get the other colors.

For now, I think I officially give up. I'll be content with my green and hope that maybe the answer will be found by the time my other spotty egg hatches and I (hopefully) grab six more in two hours. The instant I heard that it was the Dark Lumina spriter doing the spotties, I got scared...and apparently for very good reason. People weren't joking about complicated mechanics like the Lumina...

1 minute ago, Nightmelody said:

Until proven otherwise I think my theory is that it's which bsa is used that matters... incubate gets green. precog gets blue.... maybe stun to get purple?

But you can only use Stun on hatchlings. I really don't think it would be as weird as Stunning to *change* the color to purple.... 

2 minutes ago, skauble said:

There’s got to be something to the fact that blues only appeared the instant the time flipped over. Whether that’s incubation or not, it seems like it has to be tied to that.

also this thread goes to fast XD 

yea that's what puzzles me. It is so random, and yet it only happened once time flipped over, but greens are still hatching

so maybe it is time-left based, and blues simply COULDN'T have hatched until some of them were hitting under 3 days

in that scenario, we have to risk killing our eggs in order to get specific colors

Edited by Sirithiliel

I have to wonder how much fun Corteo and TJ are having watching us puzzle over the mechanics..... XD

Just now, Nightmelody said:

I have to wonder how much fun Corteo and TJ are having watching us puzzle over the mechanics..... XD

Too much. They’re having too much fun.

Just now, Naraku said:

I hatched a green hatchie at 3d 1h.

I hatched a blue hatchie at 3d.

Both are incubated

So maybe 3 and above green, 2-3 blue, under 2 purple?

1 minute ago, Naraku said:

I hatched a green hatchie at 3d 1h.

I hatched a blue hatchie at 3d.

Both are incubated

Ooooh thank you I'm gonna unfog mine at 3d and see what happens 😎

i hope not too much, becuase this is more frustrating to me than fun and it'd suck knowing someone is behind the scenes gigglign at us pulling our hair out in frustration =P

if this is time-left based, we look at potentially having a egg slot taken up for the entire 7 days ._.

I can't help but imagine they're having a blast watching this thread go in circles of "Maybe this! Wait, maybe not. No wait, maybe...! No, maybe not." I don't know if they are, but I'm pretty sure I would be. :lol:

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

i hope not too much, becuase this is more frustrating to me than fun and it'd suck knowing someone is behind the scenes gigglign at us pulling our hair out in frustration =P

if this is time-left based, we look at potentially having a egg slot taken up for the entire 7 days ._.

frustrating yes, but i'm enjoying the puzzle.... except that I have to be at work (for a 14 hour shift) in like 6 hours and my brain is not gonna shut up now... 

ugh. going to bed i suppose. 

Edited by Nightmelody

Maybe it's the 5 minute intervals? Or hour intervals? That's how you get a Blue if you have it hatch then?

And 30 min intervals, like 12:30 get you a purple?

Idk I'm confused. But it's all fun in the game :D

Just now, Looti said:

Maybe it's the 5 minute intervals? Or hour intervals? That's how you get a Blue if you have it hatch then?

i don't think so, we'd have seen more blues and some purples if that was the case. Half my green hatchies are from the 30 and 5 minute intervals at release

Edited by Sirithiliel

I got a blue hatchling, 4d0hrs with no incubate, with influencing. 

If purple requires another day, how the heck will I be patient enough to wait for that?!

After incubation, two of my eggs are at 3 d 15 h and 4 days. I'll unfog them at 2 d 23 h and report the results :)

Maybe it's based on the number of hours? Like Blues can only hatch if its even (like 4d or 3d 22hr) and Greens hatch if it's odd (3d 23hr) or something. No idea where Purple would fit in though.

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

I agree that the extra holding time can be a pain, but I do like the idea that people who have trouble catching or breeding good trade fodder can wait the extra time and use that to make better trades...if it turns out to work like that.

Just now, Looti said:

Oh, gosh. That would hurt. Also, to add, that wouldn't explain why we've only started seeing blues now. Of what I know, nobody saw blues until the day turned over.

Just now, Sunfeathers said:

Maybe it's based on the number of hours? Like Blues can only hatch if its even (like 4d or 3d 22hr) and Greens hatch if it's odd (3d 23hr) or something. No idea where Purple would fit in though.

oh god i hope not...how on earth would we control that to get the color we need / want? if it didn't have enough views to hatch exactly when you need it to, and it rolled over right when it hatched....*Shudder

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

i don't think so, we'd have seen more blues and some purples if that was the case. Half my green hatchies are from the 30 and 5 minute intervals at release

I meant that you hatch them at the actual time, not grabbing them from the biomes.

However, this is kind of unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

I’m pretty sure my incubated Green hatched at 4d0h remaining, though...

Edited by Anra7777