The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

5 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

No one claimed this Ember and somehow this little pygmy missed the raffle entirely! Both are free to good homes. :)

Ember grabbed. Thanks!

On 9/26/2018 at 4:58 PM, The Dragoness said:

Now Accepting Donations!

This week's raffle theme is Autumn Harvest in honor of the shifting colors of the leaves and chilly temperatures (at least in parts of the world). Any yellow, orange, red, or brown dragons would be a perfect fit. This will be the last raffle until November.

On 11/5/2016 at 8:32 AM, The Dragoness said:
V. Current Raffle

Raffle Theme: Autumn Harvest

Donation Status: CLOSED

Donations Acceptance Start: 10/3 at 8:00 PM EST
Donation Acceptance End: 10/4 at 8:00 PM EST

--> Donate Here! <--

Raffle Status: CLOSED

Raffle Start: 10/4 at 10:00 PM EST
Raffle End: 10/5 at 10
:00 PM EST

--> Enter Here! <--

NOTE: There will be no raffles October 10th-November 7th

I'm confused as to the next raffle date.  Is it sometime in November or Oct 3rd?

On 9/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, Dracaena said:

I'm confused as to the next raffle date.  Is it sometime in November or Oct 3rd?

October November. I made a typo in the first post you quoted. Sorry about the confusion!

Edit: no, it is in fact November. I completely forgot about the new biweekly raffle schedule. I will see all of you for the next raffle on November 7th!

Edited by The Dragoness

I have a question for you guys. This is all quite new to me, so I'm still trying to get an outline of how I'll go about breeding. I won a CB Silver Tinsel this morning. I influenced it to be female. I know that many people who participate in this raffle are newer players who do not have 2G Prizes yet/players who just cannot afford the crazy prices 2G Prizes go far, so... I would like to donate eggs from my Prize to the raffle. However, I would like to stick to Holiday mates to increase the likelihood of getting shiny eggs. Before I start working out a plan for my Prize, I would like some feedback on the following:

• Is anyone actually interested in Prize x Holiday pairings?
  • Would you rather vote for the mate before each raffle (through a google form) or have it be random?
Edited by The Dragoness

I think Prize x Holiday is perfectly fine IMO, especially knowing how stubborn they can be when bred to non-holiday mates.

I'm fine with the mate being randomly chosen, and it's probably less work on your end unless you quite like the idea of letting players vote for the mate.

Congrats on your win! :D

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

I have a question for you guys. This is all quite new to me, so I'm still trying to get an outline of how I'll go about breeding. I won a CB Silver Tinsel this morning. I influenced it to be female. I know that many people who participate in this raffle are newer players who do not have 2G Prizes yet/players who just cannot afford the crazy prices 2G Prizes go far, so... I would like to donate eggs from my Prize to the raffle. However, I would like to stick to Holiday mates to increase the likelihood of getting shiny eggs. Before I start working out a plan for my Prize, I would like some feedback on the following:

• Would you rather vote for the mate before each raffle (through a google form) or have it be random?

First of all, MAJOR CONGRATS! :wub: That is fantastic! You def deserve to win that. :D

I personally love Holiday mates, but that's just me. I know others prefer non-holiday, which I believe they think any shiny baby will have a bit more rarity? I think that's the common mindset? 

I also like the idea of the raffle winner being able to choose the mate, but that's totally up to you. That's your precious shiny baby.

And what you want to do is so generous. 

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Congrats Dragoness!!  This is your baby and I think you should do whatever you like with your offspring.  You should have fun breeding and do what ever pairs you like.  I would be happy with anything really.  

I am going to follow this and see what input people give as I also won a silver tinsel with a really cool code this morning.  I plan on donating some of his offspring to this raffle and am curious myself.  Would his fails also be wanted and if so which breed fails would be wanted? 

First of all, Congratulations! I can't think of anyone else I would rather see win (except me of course! XD ).

Second, you are most generous to want to give away babies in the raffle.

I think anything you decide to breed your Prize with will be fine. There may be some who won't care for holiday mates because their offspring are perceived as less rare, but others prefer them because they are easier to continue the line and get shiny eggs.

I also think 2nd gen prize fails would make good prizes.

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

**ETA: Don't Let us Vote, Breed what you Breed and People will be happy enough to enter for a 2G Potential prize. Don't let others dictate your breeding ever. Only YOU are going to time what dragons breed best with your baby. You find what works and go with that alone. You are in charge, not anyone else. Don't ever let them be. NO matter how nice it sounds. Unless you are Gifting a Breeding x Mate of Choice, which People have Done for me, which was amazingly generous, but it took a LOT of time. You run the show the way you want to and only agree to let people vote or pick if you are exceedingly generous and you have some mates that seem to love your Silver Tinsel more than other Dragons and just want to have BUNCHES of babies**

Since I have been very open & public (in my profile, I mean, and in related events) with what I am or am not doing with my CB Gold Tinsel Male, Basically, until this Holiday Craziness is Over, he is only being bred with Holiday Mates. I would recommend rotating thru mates unless you find a pairing you really like and they seem to also produce well. But be aware, you still have to vary it up a bit because I've noticed my perfect happy mates stopped producing a few times because I don't think I did enough variety, so doing some of that now so I can get my preferred mate back in gear. Literally Silver looks good with everything. There is a reason a lot of people almost Prefer the Silver Colorings of the Prizes (or one or the other), over even Gold sometimes, not that the others don't look good (they look fantastic), but, again, Silver Looks **SOOO GOOD WITH EVERYTHING**

People are interested enough in Prize x Holiday Breedings to enter the Blocker Breeder Bonanza I have donated to for 3 months or so in a row? We took time off for break, which I need anyway for sanity. I can't do Holiday Prep or just general life craziness (it is always crazier during Holidays and I don't know why cuz I generally do little with Holidays), and I need that time off for me. I would also recommend the same for you. You got Holiday stuff coming up, and it sounds like your life has been a bit hectic and sometimes less fun on some days and you need your sanity right now and to make sure you are taking care of you and Real Life **FIRST** before you start looking at trades. But in the meantime, if you wanted to breed your baby and use this raffle as for just one of those babies that randomly bred (Many Prize Owners Do Flash Raffles when that Happens All the Time, And they Tend to be very popular, regardless of mate, because it is a chance at a FREE 2G Prize. No one is going to not be interested in doing that, although if you want to make ways for people to qualify or "earn" tickets, you can do that too if you want to start a slightly different thread/event variation with your babies as the prize. Feel free to totally use the "Golden Ticket" that is my original Prize (I then breed them the dragon afterwards rather quickly, but I don't want to call it an IOU, as it is a gift/prize, but I mean technically an IOU I guess?), You can call yours the "Silver Ticket" or some really cool variation. "Platinum Edition" or something. Or if you get a baby, Flash raffle, or add it into your own normal raffles and people can still donate things. All up to you.

I would, as you are a special case (due to people knowing you well, and I am not already sure how many more dragons you do or do not need based on how much you have contributed to the Forums and community, following up on that in a second), Highly Highly Urge You **NOT** to start Trading and/or Making "IOU Promise Trades" because, from reading your posts in other places, I think you may want to ease into it and Holidays are chaotic. Also, I'm just gonna speak truth here. When you are a person who constantly runs Player Events & Games & Fun and you really build up a large support base of both Donators & Participants who look eagerly forward to each one, people try to do nice things for you in return. I mean, I just run the Support Forum and it is probably a little easier for people to know my name and decide they want to randomly gift me something nice (Pre-Prize, Pre-Hiatus), than a normal, but still active & known user. However saying that, do not be disheartened Active Community Awesome People that we all Love you and yes people would get good at catching do actually still randomly send CB Silvers, CB Golds, Special dragons, etc. to just active cool people. I was also friends with people who seemed to be **VERY** good at catching and hanging out on IRC or from whatever network I had in the past, I think some of those things were easier for me to just be magically gifted things maybe a bit more than others. Of course, I only wanted a few and am good with my current collection. That said, You may have almost enough CB Golds, CB Silvers, ND's, 2G Prizes & Spriter's Alts that you feel pretty comfy with your dragon collection. So have fun with it. If there are a few things you want more of, I'd still ease into it for a month, but if you get some babies, and you are like, I really want another CB Gold, Go for it. I would just recommend starting with the, I Bred it and Posted it, and I'll pick what I like and be good with that. Promises can be tricky, so only make those if it is something you really highly desire. That was repeated pretty heavily in the "Guide to being a CB Prize Winner" Thread which was really wonderful. I found it very helpful.

Now, I could be totally wrong about how I read your current life chaos and how Holiday Chaos Impacts you, but I know how it Impacts **ME**. No one is getting Anything From me unless I get Random Luck. The Only thing I would highly recommend is if you want to possibly checker a special Holiday x Tinsel or Tinsel x Random Dragon Checker, ask around to some other silver owners who are happy to swap Prizekin and/or Holidays from their Prizes so you can do that. And obviously, you get to pick One for each Holiday Coming Up. So Halloween, Christmas and Valentines. Just something to start thinking about sooner rather than later as that is a time sensitive decision.

Super Gratz, You can't really "earn" a raffle win, but if you could you would have certainly Earned it, super love to those who are also awesome and haven't won a raffle and please know I send you all the warmth of lucky tickets in the future!

Edited by Natayah

48 minutes ago, osean said:

I am going to follow this and see what input people give as I also won a silver tinsel with a really cool code this morning.  I plan on donating some of his offspring to this raffle and am curious myself.  Would his fails also be wanted and if so which breed fails would be wanted? 

I agree with purplehaze - 2G Prizekin are well liked in my experience. I think there would be plenty of people willing to enter for one (regardless of breed) if it showed up in the raffle.

Congrats Dragoness and osean (love that awesome code)! :D

1 hour ago, Terces said:

I'm fine with the mate being randomly chosen, and it's probably less work on your end unless you quite like the idea of letting players vote for the mate.

Yup, I agree. It's your prize so it's entirely up to you, Dragoness :) I would be okay with any mates, holiday or non-holiday.

Prizekins are also nice if the mate is not a holiday (unless if on-season).

Edited by Naraku

First of all, thank you for the sweet words! All of you are so wonderful. 

Thank you for all the feedback as well! Based on your responses, it sounds like there is quite a bit of interest in the idea, so I'm going through with it. I really want to help people who don't have as much luck with trading get 2G Prizes (and of course the sweet people who regularly participate and deserve them). I may attempt to breed with Metals/other rare-ish things that have a higher chance of producing Prize eggs, but I'm probably going to stick with Holidays for the most part. The "Silver Ticket" idea is intriguing too. I don't plan to trade any Prizekins, so I could enter those into the raffle as well. 

Congrats on the win, @osean! I've seen so many new Silver Tinsel owners posting today haha. I agree that Prizekins are popular. As for which breeds would be most desired? I would guess anything rare or new. But I'm sure anything you donate would make someone's day. If you need ideas for pretty pairings, check out the Silver Tinsel album in the CB Prizes User Guide. And thank you for offering up your Prize's babies for donation!

Finally, I will definitely consider all of the lovely advice while I come up with a game plan of sorts for Glori. I truly appreciate the helpful tips and tricks.

Edited by The Dragoness

A little late but omg congrats soo so much to both of you guys Osean and Dragoness! Raffling off babes is really awesome but I do think that anyone should be lucky to get whatever you decide to pair it with. So whatever you like for a pairing would be the stuff that could be offered. 

Yes, @The Dragoness and @osean (whose Avatar makes me die laughing every time I see it); Super Gratz to both of you - and talk about timing - Get Entered & Involved with This Raffle - Win the DC Prize Raffle - or at least maybe increase your odds?? Or at least win awesome dragons from THIS raffle, and all the other awesome Player Events, Activities, Giveaways/Raffles, etc.! Gratz!

Thanks everyone for the input!!  I will have fun breeding and spreading the Prize love by breeding interesting combos. 

I'm just popping back in to let everyone know that I'm piggybacking off of @Natayah's brilliant Golden Ticket idea. This means that there will be 2G Prizes available for more raffles, rather than only when my Tinsel is off cooldown and cooperates. I've decided to call this offer "The Silver Special." It will work like this: 1 person will win an IOU for a 2G Silver Tinsel from my CB Prize x the male Holiday of their choice. If they do not give us an egg right after the raffle, I will continue to breed them until they do. For now, you may only win The Silver Special once to give others a chance. 

Keep an eye out for the new section in the entry form during the next raffle!

On 10/2/2018 at 2:39 AM, The Dragoness said:

I'm just popping back in to let everyone know that I'm piggybacking off of @Natayah's brilliant Golden Ticket idea. This means that there will be 2G Prizes available for more raffles, rather than only when my Tinsel is off cooldown and cooperates. I've decided to call this offer "The Silver Special." It will work like this: 1 person will win an IOU for a 2G Silver Tinsel from my CB Prize x the male Holiday of their choice. If they do not give us an egg right after the raffle, I will continue to breed them until they do. For now, you may only win The Silver Special once to give others a chance. 

Keep an eye out for the new section in the entry form during the next raffle!

I love this idea. I do add one tiny Disclaimer on my Breedings, which is entirely optional for you. Because, if someone chooses a Non-Halloween Holiday, You don't have more than 2 CBs of that Breed. And if those 2 Don't Breed well, or even outright refuse, it makes some of those lines hard. So just as something to consider, you may want to ask them to give you a choice of 2-3 Holiday Mate Options, that way you have some options to rotate thru, and they get what they get. It isn't to be mean, it is so they can GET IT FASTER, and you can move on to breeding for someone else and offering them the same. I'm a little less nice in that, if after rotating multiple attempts for multiple weeks (say like .. 6, but I mean, you could go longer, and again, I tend to find if you breed literally every 7 days, sometimes you will be ok, but after awhile you could start seeing a "lean to nothing" period for extended time, and that stinks for everyone), I have the right to default to more proven mates and they get what they get. A 2G is a 2G is a 2G. Obviously, if someone was like "I do *NOT* have these X dragons on my scroll, so I would prefer them not as a mate" - I get that. Especially newer people and I understand that while they can get CBs on future Holidays, sometimes it isn't as easy for some, takes time, if they miss out that year, they have to wait a year, and finally, maybe for some reason they "absolutely dislike a certain dragon" (for any reason) and do NOT want that 2G combo no matter what. Or if they don't get X or Y or Z, they are going to trade it. I am OK with that too, especially if they need a CB Silver or CB Gold or something else or some other bundle of uncommon/rare or super large hatchling bundle to build a BSA Army & Grow their Scroll - Sure, Go for it! If I can gift you something that helps you reach one goal or another, go for it! Whatever makes you happiest or at least the best you can get from that situation. Because no matter what, as a 2G, you are going to end up in a better situation regardless of what you get, and Silvers, despite only being the technical 2nd Tier Prize, again, looks so good with everything, I know people who *ONLY* Collect Silver Prizes. Again, you set your standards the way you want, and possibly have some options on the first go round that help inform your future options. Perfectly fine to do that. You do what you want, but just so you know the reasons behind "Why would you set up those Disclaimers??" It really is for the benefit of the Winner of that Prize and my sanity too so they can get it ASAP and cash in faster however they want to do it. And So I can churn more of them out. And if people are fussy over whatever you decide to do or not do something..... they can choose to skip that option or not enter. Again, do it as you want, anything you do is very generous, and people are going to appreciate it. I've never gotten any push back on my rules for it. If anything, people seem to get it and are glad they are going to get something  sooner rather than later.

Edited by Natayah

Thanks for the update on the next raffle. November will give me some time to see how my new prize breeds. 

Thanks @Natayah for the advise. 

Congrats Dragoness and osean!   And thank you both for being such kind and generous folks! ❤️

Now Accepting Donations!

Welcome back, everyone! Wow, that certainly was a long break. I can't wait to get back to hosting fun raffles for you all.

This week's theme is Halloween Treats. The big Halloween event may be over, but there are still plenty of goodies to share. Breed your favorite new pairings or donate any leftover Halloween hatchlings you might find (these must have at least 4 days left). Or if you do not have anything spooky to gift, perhaps breed your favorite autumn-colored dragon. Autumn Seasonals and Antareans are great examples of autumn colors.

First time for me in any kind of player-based raffle ^^ I sent some shinies your way :)

Could donations stay open a bit on the long side? I'm egglocked atm and will be for at least a full day 😧