The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

Holy Mattress Dancin! That was fast as lightning. I hate this back to back to back days on Friday Saturday Sunday. I am losing my mind again, and I am not going to go into that, but I cannot wait to see the announcements, this was SUCH an amazing round, I hope you all got in while you could, and if you didn't, I hope you keep your eyes on this Thread, share it with others as we go along with the next round, and share some love for the Donators, the Supporters, The Participants, and show a bunch of love for @The Dragoness and if you want to throw in any personal stories or sharing how you've helped along the way and things that have been awesome for you be them prizes, experiences, new people met or just the fun or thanks, please remember that it takes her a lot of organization for all that we throw this way, and deserves  (I'd call it a break but let's be honest, gonna be just CRAZY Holiday Prep and Life!!!), deserves a round of thanks & appreciation (see one of my prior posts for suggestions to inspire your writings/postings if you feel compelled to do such. As we start this Holiday stuff off and all....)

~Winners~

CB Blue Fire Gem hatchling - @osean

3G Bronze Shimmer x Sunset hatchling - @Stellalunastorm

4G Silver Tinsel x Wrapping Wing - @Dracaena

4G Silver Shimmer x Lumina *SA* - @Rousalka

4G Gold Shimmer x Black/Autumn/Radiant Angel *SA* - @CrazyChess

2G Thalassa x Gold - @Jack_Indivisible

2G Ice x Storm - @Terces

2G Blue Siyat x Blue Nebula hatchling - @MiserablePileOfSecrets

2G Silver x Mutamore hatchling - @banban007

2G Silver x Mutamore - @purplehaze

2G Silver x Valentine '09 - @Gealach

2G Red-Finned Tidal x Brimstone - @Natayah

2G Falconiform x Grave - @Tinibree

2G Avatar of Creation x Floral-Crowned - @Dirtytabs

2G Gold x Winter Magi hatchling - @TerraAnne

2G Avatar of Creation x Undine - @bonvoyage

2G Hellhorse x Royal Crimson *CB Hybrid* - @Artius

2G PB Tarantula Hawk - @ArgentiAertheri

3G White x Rosebud - @Nagapie

3G Silver x Witchlight - @GhostMortum

3G Silver x Azure Glacewing - @Ruby Eyes

3G Mimic x Magelight - @Flamekitty48

3G Pyro x Desipis - @Lagie

3G Pyro x Shadow Walker *SA* - @Alectrona

3G Mageia x Pyro/Shadow Walker *SA* - @marienine

3G Blue Nebula x Shadow Walker *SA* - @Nandeenah

3G Hellhorse x Green Copper *CB Hybrids* - @Rememberdrgns

3G Pink x Yulebuck/Aria *SA* - @Terces

3G Gold x Aeon/Garland hatchling - @ArgentiAertheri

3G Dark Lumina x Arsani/Wrapping Wing/Lumina *SAs* - @Dracaena

3G Silver x Radiant Angel - @Jack_Indivisible

3G Horse x Hellfire/Magma/Sunset *Thuwed* - @Rememberdrgns

3G Red x Gold - @Nagapie

4G Silver Lunar Herald x Gold Lunar Herald/Caligene *SA* - @MiserablePileOfSecrets

4G Blusang x Rosebud - @Rousalka

4G Silver x Black - @Natayah

4G Teimarr x Arsani - NO NAME DRAWN

4G Pyro x Desipis - @GhostMouse

4G Trihorn x Winter Magi - NO NAME DRAWN

4G Green Copper x Shadow Walker - @Stellalunastorm

4G White x Shadow Walker *SA* - @Alectrona

4G Gold x Shadow Walker *SAs* - @Tinibree

4G Red Nebula x Shadow Walker *SA* - @osean

4G Flamingo x Electric - @Natayah

4G Silver Lunar Herald x Grave - @MiserablePileOfSecrets

4G Avatar of Change x Arsani - @osean

4G Soulpeace x Shadow Walker *SA* - @marienine

4G PB Purple - @Rousalka

4G White x Snow Angel *SA* - @Artius

4G Black Truffle x Blacktip - @Lagie

4G White x Gold - @Anra7777

4G Royal Crimson x Silver - @Terces

5G Greater Spotted x Night Glory - @Nagapie

5G Nebula x Seasonals - @CrazyChess

5G PB Black Tea - @Natayah

5G Ridgewing x Undine - @Tinibree

5G Carmine x White/Deep Sea - @Anra7777

5G Gold x Shadow Walker *SA* - @Flamekitty48

5G White x Gold - @Rememberdrgns

6G Soulpeace x Hellhorse - @ArgentiAertheri

8G PB Mint - @GhostMouse

10G Sunrise x Silver Tinsel/Black *SA* - @MiserablePileOfSecrets

Congratulations to everyone who won this week! I hope that your special new dragons are well-loved.

I'll see you all again on the 26th!

Edited by The Dragoness

@The Dragoness Is the 3G Silver x Witchlight meant to go to GhostMortum or to me? I only ask because the name caught my eye because it's so similar to my own but I've never seen them around the forums, and clicking on their profile shows they haven't logged in since 2015! I suppose that doesn't mean they couldn't have entered the raffle, but just wanted to clear it up (seems like it would be an easy misclick!) :)

Thanks to all the amazing donors. There were so many beautiful eggs to choose from! I'll have my donations sent out shortly.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants it, this one didn't get bred in time for the raffle, so anyone interested please help yourself! 3G Freckled x Fever

Edited by GhostMouse

1 hour ago, GhostMouse said:

Meanwhile, if anyone wants it, this one didn't get bred in time for the raffle, so anyone interested please help yourself! 3G Freckled x Fever

Lovely! Don't mind if I do! :)

Thanks everyone! There were so many pretty lineages this week!

Whee, that took a little bit of time to get all the teleports sent out.  I'll grab the other incoming prize egg in my inbox soon as something is picked up to make room. :D

Congrats everyone and thanks again to The Dragoness for hosting!

I am excited about my prizes, send thanks already, and my lovely flying friends were sent out faster than.... 3 second. Obviously. Thank you for all the super lovely donations, it was hard to know that I could ONLY WIN a MAX of Four!!! I would have taken them all and packed them away Super Gratz and thanks to all involved, it was a round worthy of some of our quite lovely lovely ones, we shall have to revisit this theme again or a variation of it, it is always fun to see why people really enjoy giving, and honestly some of you all have 2374023 favorite dragon lines, but only so many egg or hatchling slots to spare at ONE time.... in the midst of holiday pre-prep so thanks for taking the time to be willing to share that space and lovelies with all of us here!

I just noticed that the 4 prize limit was so that no trophy to platinum players all have equal shots at winning the prize. 

Congrats to all the winners! I'm glad that I got to participate as a trophy provider as well as a player, which was pretty cool this time around.

Woo, awesome! Just got my prizes, thank you donators of my beautiful babies ^^ 

It's been lovely seeing everyone's favourite lineages, thank you to all the donors! And of course to The Dragoness, for hosting this fantastic event!

I've just sent my donations out. @The Dragoness does this egg have a name drawn? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the 5G White x Gold on the list, or if it's just not there XD 

1 hour ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

I just noticed that the 4 prize limit was so that no trophy to platinum players all have equal shots at winning the prize. 

Congrats to all the winners! I'm glad that I got to participate as a trophy provider as well as a player, which was pretty cool this time around.

Jack I want to let you know that even though I've only known you for a few months, I appreciate how quickly you've dived into participation on all parts of gifting, organizing, and being involved with stuff. @THE DRAGONESS HAS BEEN doing this for quite some time and responds so quickly and so well to feedback and so ninja fast she has got this stuff DOWN to an art. Heck I'd love to get a Top 10-20 things to lnow/I've learned or just some of the most helpful things because she does a lot or organizing so well.

Which to be fair you've done a fantastic job on your own and that's saying  lots for someone who just popped in and said hey I'm kinda good at ratio stat numbers I have this idea and here is how I analyzed it OK GO!! and I'll think you'll have a great response when you pick back up. DRAGONESS HAS BEEN challenged in the past by people being jerks and she handled it. She really deserves more praise than I can give, but so do you. That is why this stuff doesn't just circle over and over. We spiral out and that momentum builds into more ripples and spirals. I know it sounds dumb to repeat it, but the faster way to now it out and about is being willing to make that post or PM and say- Hey you matter, I really think you will not only love it, but you will be so happy to have discovered it NOW vs Later!

6 hours ago, Alectrona said:

It's been lovely seeing everyone's favourite lineages, thank you to all the donors! And of course to The Dragoness, for hosting this fantastic event!

I've just sent my donations out. @The Dragoness does this egg have a name drawn? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the 5G White x Gold on the list, or if it's just not there XD 

Oops. No, there was not a name drawn for this one. Somehow it didn't make it to the list after names were picked. Feel free to gift it in the thread!

Sorry for the late reply as I went to bed early last night as I wasn't feeling good.  all my donations have been sent out to their new homes.  I have also collected my winnings!!  Thank you Dragoness and donors!!

One of the thing I really have loved about this raffle is that @The Dragoness accepts and allows *ANY* Donation. I mean, generally don't throw in crazy inbred eggs unless there is something funny about it, but heck there are some people who love that stuff and you can donate it. I remember being a younger to growing player and I was gathering all these lineages or trying to and starting out getting all these gifts and I wanted to gift back, but I felt so sad because I realized like.... no one wanted what I bred. It made me sad. It made me feel a little blah. This is one of the reasons I created the Player Event & Activity Thread because I found out that it wasn't just me, but TONS of people who wanted to gift more and have more chances. So it is awesome that, obviously we want to encourage **ALL** people to encourage that, and let them donate whatever, no matter how big or how small. And I'm glad they have a place to do that. I mean they can use the Community Departures Thread, but sometimes stuff just sits there.

That is one of the reasons I always try to encourage people, grab some AP eggs, it doesn't matter, and hatch them! And if its a really messy one, donate it say "I give you permission to freeze it if you win it if you want to" and so many of us *LOVE* to collect hatchlings to freeze, and even more people want them to be an adult, no matter how they look, or freeze to grow their scroll so they can build things faster, especially when its crunch time.

I know its gonna be a little sad to take a little time off, but I think you all are gonna be pretty busy with Holiday stuffs. But while you are doing your Holiday stuff, or if you missed your chance to Donate, please don't forget to breed to the AP!, We're back up over 5 days and there are plenty of lovely things we can add to help gift there, and via other forums, so you will have plenty of times to share, but heck, let's keep that AP time low, and when we are back up, let's make sure we find some cool people (I imagine Discord and Threads and IRC become a bit more active during the Holidays). So let's keep sharing and keep caring in all the different ways we do!

I want to take the time to thank @The Dragoness for keeping this going. I know you take time off now and again and you have been doing this a long time! I loved your name for your Giveaway from the start, I appreciate how much time and effort you've spent refining it and perfecting it, and when people .... Ok, I'm gonna be a little mean here to some people who deserve it. And I'm not gonna apologize. There are jerks everywhere. These were some Sausage Factory Executives. And I've seen them try to harass and/or be stupid with these Events set up by people who spend lots of time and effort working on this for totally free so others can win amazing dragons. Look dudes and Russian Bots, just sign up to win free dragons, you can join in too, we like you too. This isn't a thing anymore, but it was for a bit, and I'm not gonna get into all of that, but the entire reason I started trying to offer the "support group base" with a thread dedicated to *THAT* specifically was strictly out of several needs, but one of them being, I didn't want to hear players be sad or bored in between "Official DC Admin Run Events" and some of them were really goofy with it. They were like BooHoo I am bored I demand the Admins make stuff all month with new releases and super advanced programming plot line events for all my demands and needs and wants because you know... everything else on the site and forums, it just isn't enough I am here for YOU to cater to ME! - Now I'm not saying that there were bunches of people like that. But there were some, and it just struck me as exceedingly arrogant and like - Wow, Dude, You have some Real First World problems you need to get over. And then on the other hand there were a bunch of players wanting to do more gifting and wanting to share and breed more dragons and wanted to meet people and be all positive and fun. And I've always been of the opinion, because I've been on many Games where I've run or helped organize Player based & Run stuff and we had a great time. I mean, I think all the suggestions people have made to improve the site have been phenomenal. Don't think I'm lumping you in with that response above (and honestly, I haven't seen that response in a few years or more since well - we've got so much stuff in game and Player run going on, if someone still feels that way, they just aren't looking or paying attention), because of player feedback and ideas and questions from Admins to the Players and helping develop ideas, this DC Game now has a real world, with lore, with a planet and moons and things and Elements and all this really cool stuff that is just SUPER RICH. I mean, I'm a Story Lore junkie. For a long time we had Dragon Descrips, so it was available that a dragon owner could create their own lore, or various lores, and write them  up and interconnect them. But I feel we have so much in game, and a lot of feedback came from players, and there is just so much you can choose to do or not do. It is great! And I know it took time, but heck, we still have more to come and I'm excited.

But I don't want to wait around and demand the Admins, Staff, Mods, Artists, etc. Entertain me. I like to put some effort from us as a Player Community. And that is why I started doing that. See above for tangents, it was a way to fix many issues at once and make a lot of people happy. Fast forward a few months to a few years. We have had lots of Active Ongoing Raffles/Giveaways, and some people eventually had to move on and do other things with life, I had to do that too myself, and some things faded and some things stayed, but @The Dragonesskept on and held on and I gonna give you a lot of credit for that. You are one of the reasons I wanted to come back, and jumped in as fast and as much as I did as soon as possible. Our Player Run Raffles, be them something that just happens randomly, a one time thing, ongoing, or as they are able, are things we need to foster and protect. Because successful raffles and giveaways show not only can it be done, but it can be a LOT of fun and it encourages other people to try it, be it on smaller or grander or varied options. And again, whether it's a one off, a one month run, an as available and announced, they need our support for these things to be more likely to continue and to grow. In all sorts of directions. We have to take care of the people or person who runs these, make their lives easier, show that we really appreciate it, and be there to support it as much as we can. Because this proves to others we are willing to do it for them. As much as we love Dragoness, anything in life could cause these raffles to be less frequent, or even not at all. I'm not saying that's happening, but I came back because things like this raffle were still here and still going on, and again, I learned upon coming back how fragile things can be, and I have watched amazing raffle people get swallowed up, not by anything bad, but just because life gets busy.

So even if your life is busy, all of our lives are busy. I do what I can. Do what you can. If we all pitch in a little, then one person doesn't have to carry that burden alone. And it makes things last longer, have more fun, bring in more people, grow the DC community of active, engaged, involved players, who stay around longer, continue to grow, and turn into the awesome people so many people already are. You are all examples, no matter what it is you choose to do. Real life always comes first. This is, after all, still a Dragon Pixel Games. So whether you love the chance to win amazing rare lineages, people popping up to celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries, etc. by hosting some amazing super duper rare prize raffle(s) or whatever, these things happen because of that little bit of extra you do. And don't feel guilty about not doing it. However, if you ever feel down or unappreciated or are bummed about something, mention it. You might be surprised by how quickly you get a reaction. Bummed cuz there is some CB Rare Dragon you just cannot seem to get? Put it in your darn sig and profile that you want one! I have put many things as random "I would really love XXX." and I just wake up one day and get Glomp'ed and I have it. How Else do you think I got a random 3EG Gold Dragon from a Gold Offspring from Midas Dorkface?? I still love that gift and whoever gave it to me, but they were pretty quiet about their name and even if I knew it wouldn't want me to mention it. So I have  no idea who it was, but they were amazing. Sometimes rare asks take awhile, but share it. You might really be surprised at the response you just find magically one day. Need support or help on something? Post it in the Sig/Profile, but post it in forums. We have forums for all kinds of support. You are out there supporting them, why don't you ask for some support too? If this raffle needed a little help, do you think Dragoness would have to beg and plead? I hope not! I would imagine there would be an immediate and overwhelming response.

Threads like that prove these sorts of things. People sometimes share really really nice things here. And you need nothing other than 10 Adult Dragons and checking a box to potentially have not one prize, but up to 4! That is incredible and deserves a shout out. But there is a lot more to it. This an essential piece in the Jenga Tower that Builds the Player Community and Player Events, and Also the DC Community Hanging Around still playing the DC Pixel Dragon Game even those these aren't the super hot games to play all the time. No money to buy dragons and special stuff. No Money schemes. That is incredible. TJ could have cashed out big any time. He didn't. And we are glad for that. But do you know why people hang around? Really? It's usually personal connections. So even when people show up less, they still come around at certain times because of that personal connections. Let's keep and grow those personal connections. Thank you, Dragoness, for providing an essential piece of what makes the Community strong and standing. But I just want you all to understand that no matter how silly and simple these things can seem, their impacts are far bigger than you think. Appreciate that, and if you are bummed about whatever, tell people about it and maybe we can make things happen. I mean, I can't deliver a CB Prize to your door, but it is ok to ask for other things, even if they are super rare. Because you never know. And if you need help, emotional support, need to play some silly games, go say I had an awesome day, or I had a sucky day and I'm gonna talk about it - we have hundreds of threads to support all of that. Use them. Just... if you need real life support, remember, this is still a game, and we need you to take care  of yourself so you will still be around no matter if you are in DC every day, or just once in awhile, or move on to greener pastures. We like you and want you to have fun and do what you need to do, no matter what that is, but while you are here, things like this place let us all have a TON of fun!