The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

W2uIMoI.png

General Information
  • Raffles are held each weekend. The exact days may vary, so check the second post for updates.
  • Donations and raffle entries can be submitted via the respective Google forms in the second post.
  • You can enter for as many prizes as you would like, but there is a limit of 3 prizes per winner plus 1 additional voucher. For basket raffles, the limit is one basket per winner.
  • Winners will be drawn using Random Name Picker and privately messaged with a teleport link to their prize within a few hours after I announce the closing of the raffle.
  • If you change your username after donating/entering, please PM me or post here.
  • To be added to the reminder PM list, ping me here and let me know if you are interested in the donation, raffle entry, or both forms. I will send out a group PM an hour before the respective form opens. PM me if you would like to be removed.

Entering

Breaking these rules may result in a temporary or permanent ban. Temporary bans will be issued after 2 and/or 3 strikes and prevent you from entering the next 2 raffles. Permanent bans will be issued after 4 strikes. You will be formally warned via PM upon violating a rule.

• You must have the messenger feature enabled.
  • All prizes must be claimed within 24 hours. If they are not, it is up to the donor to do as they please with the egg/hatchling. If you are going to be offline during the raffle, PM me and I will hold your prize for you.
  • Any prize(s) you win must grow to adulthood on your scroll. This means that you may not bite, freeze, kill, experiment on, abandon, re-gift, or trade them. **Breaking this rule will result in 2 strikes.
  • Whining, harassment, and pessimism will not be tolerated in this thread. If there is a raffle-related issue, please contact me directly.

"The Prize Special"

"The Prize Special" is an IOU for a 2G Prize x your choice of holiday mate from one of my CB Prizes. There are a few rules pertaining to this prize:

• You may only win this voucher once, regardless of whether you continue to enter.
  • I will give each mate choice 3 breeding attempts before asking you to choose something else.
  • You will be given 48 hours to claim the egg after I send the teleport link.
  • The Prize must reach adulthood on your scroll. 

Donating

• Please say so somewhere in your submission if you intend for your donations to be bundled.
  • You can fill out the donation form as many times as you would like.
  • If your donation becomes sick after being entered into a raffle, please send me a screenshot of the lineage before hiding it.
  • I do ask that ER donations (<4 days left) are either stunned or hatched to prevent death or misgendering on your scroll.
  • Please do not use two-way teleport links.
  • If you choose not to remain anonymous, please send the teleport link containing your donation to the winner as soon as possible following the announcement of the raffle results. Title the PM "GGG Raffle Prize."

Breeding Vouchers

Winning a Breeding Voucher:

• You may only win 1 breeding voucher per raffle.
  • You must follow the standard raffle rules unless both the donor and I grant permission for you to do otherwise.
  • Once the egg is delievered, you will be allowed 48 hours to claim it. After 48 hours, the donor is free to do as they wish with the egg.
  • Please PM me if you do not hear from the donor within 48 hours after the raffle results are posted.
  • If you believe that the donor is not actively breeding for your voucher, let me know.

Donating a Breeding Voucher:

• You may donate up to 2 breeding vouchers per raffle.
  • You may set reasonable rules for your breeding voucher.
  • You must own at least one of the parents to be bred for the voucher and present that lineage link when submitting the voucher. You may allow the winner to choose the other parent and/or offspring breed, so I will not ask for that information.
  • Please contact the winner as soon as possible after the raffle results are posted to inform them of any rules you may have. If those rules are not fully explained before the egg is bred and delivered, I will not expect the winner to follow them.

Basket Raffles

Basket raffles are exactly what they sound like: raffles in which you can enter for mini prize bundles. There will be no lineage links for these prizes--just a vague description of what's inside. There will be no more than 3 eggs/hatchlings in a bundle and they will be similar somehow. I will ask that the nicest donations possible be sent in for these raffles as we all like to receive pleasant surprises. A random inbred 50G AP egg that you found wouldn't be the best idea. Donate something you're proud of, whether that's a self-made lineage that you spent months crafting or a CB Gold. Some extra guidelines for these special raffles:

• You can only win 1 basket.
  • There will be no more than 4 prizes in a basket.
  • Please don't complain about the contents of the basket.
  • You will be able to enter for specific baskets, although you will not know exactly what they contain.
  • The baskets will be numbered and each given a short (and vague) description of the contents (ex. for a BSA basket, the description may be: "Your favorite helpers").
  • I will do my best to make sure that the rarity and/or value of the items in the basket is varied.
  • If you would like to submit a full basket for donation, please feel free to do so in the appropriate form in the post below. You can even add a description, although I may alter it slightly. The dragons in the basket must be similar. Here are some factors that I would count: all spriter's alt kin, same breed, same color, same body type (excluding Western as there are so many), all have BSAs, all are holidaykin, etc.
  • If you do not ask for the dragons you donate to be bundled together, they will be separated and bundled with other similar dragons.

FAQ

Q: There are dead eggs on my scroll. Can I still enter?

A: Yes, as long as those eggs are not prizes you have won in this thread. 

Q: Is there a limit on how many dragons I can enter for?

A: No, but be prepared to claim multiple eggs within the 24 hour window. While it is unlikely that anyone will win more than twice in a raffle, it's better to be safe than sorry! However, there is a maximum limit of 2 prizes per winner. 

Q: I won! Can I still enter the next raffle?

A: Of course!

Q: Can I only donate dragons that fit this week's theme?

A: No. I encourage donors to breed any dragons that they find special. The themes are just a way to inspire donors.

Edited by The Dragoness

Current Raffle

Raffle Theme: TBD

Donation Status: CLOSED

Donations Acceptance Start: TBD
Donation Acceptance End: 
TBD

--> Donate Here! <--

Raffle Status: CLOSED

Raffle Start: TBD
Raffle End: TBD

--> Enter Here! <--

Strikes

Spoiler

Warnings:
1 strike - asked to review rules

None

Temporary Bans:
2 or 3 strikes - banned from next 2 raffles

None

Permanent Bans:
4 strikes - banned from all future raffles

None

Edited by The Dragoness

News
5/29/19 Rules updated! Added breeding vouchers, strike system, and reduced prize limit per winner. Removed rule for unhiding scroll.

Banners
XkYSt1b.png By Pryanka

4FYMczH.gif By Pryanka

EXQDzsT.gif By Pryanka

gggbanner_by_terra_anne-dcqdeti.png By maaters

Reminder List
Edited by The Dragoness
Broken links removed. If any of the artists would like to re-submit them, please PM me!

This is a really good idea! I have a 3rd generation PB Blusang for whenever you start accepting donations - I just bred it, so I won't need to hatch it for a while. smile.gif

This is a really good idea! I have a 3rd generation PB Blusang for whenever you start accepting donations - I just bred it, so I won't need to hatch it for a while. smile.gif

Thank you! Now that I have room on my scroll, I'll be opening the donation form shortly. I just need to get the word out to new players about the thread. If you could help with that, I would greatly appreciate it smile.gif

Sure! It might be a good idea to get a banner made - I can talk to a couple people about that if you like. I know Clya makes really cool banners - they made three for my dragon request.

Sure! It might be a good idea to get a banner made - I can talk to a couple people about that if you like. I know Clya makes really cool banners - they made three for my dragon request.

That would be great! I've seen a few of Clya's banners and they are very nice. I'll talk to Pryanka about it too; she takes banner and avatar requests.

I gotchu on the banners~!! I can make a few that people can put in their sigs, and I have a good idea for one that will complement your specific signature as well.

I gotchu on the banners~!! I can make a few that people can put in their sigs, and I have a good idea for one that will complement your specific signature as well.

Thank you!! I can't wait to see what you have in mind biggrin.gif

Consider this like...a rough tester. I just tried my quick hand at something animated. Literally zero editing except the animated bg + one text layer. Going to create something a lot more polished and seamless if this works out biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by Pryanka

Consider this like...a rough tester. I just tried my quick hand at something animated. Literally zero editing except the animated bg + one text layer. Going to create something a lot more polished and seamless if this works out biggrin.gif

user posted image

I do like how the animation turned out, even if it is just a test.

I do like how the animation turned out, even if it is just a test.

Cool, feel free to use it as a placeholder in the meantime just to help get the word out smile.gif

PS I sent in 2 donations and both eggs are now at 5 & a half days. Will you be running the raffle before they hatch, or should I rescind the donations for now and donate something when you have a better idea of what dates the raffle will be running for?

A suggestion to facilitate people breeding prizes at the right time would be to open an actual donation window rather than just accepting donations till whenever. That way people aren't holding on to eggs for days or wondering if they should hatch the eggs then re-send teleports, etc.

- Pryanka

Cool, feel free to use it as a placeholder in the meantime just to help get the word out smile.gif

PS I sent in 2 donations and both eggs are now at 5 & a half days. Will you be running the raffle before they hatch, or should I rescind the donations for now and donate something when you have a better idea of what dates the raffle will be running for?

A suggestion to facilitate people breeding prizes at the right time would be to open an actual donation window rather than just accepting donations till whenever. That way people aren't holding on to eggs for days or wondering if they should hatch the eggs then re-send teleports, etc.

- Pryanka

That's what I was thinking. The breeding period would be announced shortly before each raffle, then close at a specified time. I haven't entered anything yet in the donation line under Current Raffles because only 2 people have showed interest so far--neither of which I was expecting to donate. The Google form actually should have been turned to "not accepting responses" for the time being, which I missed when I put it together. I do appreciate the kind donations, but I might not be able to pull in enough donations from others to host a raffle for a few more days. smile.gif

Edit: I added a date, so if you would like I can hatch the eggs you were able to donate for you. The same goes for you, dark_and_stormy_heart.

Edited by The Dragoness

Okay sure thing, you can accept the donations & hatch them, that would be great smile.gif I'll see what else I can breed for the current raffle...hopefully something that will get people to join up

Okay sure thing, you can accept the donations & hatch them, that would be great smile.gif I'll see what else I can breed for the current raffle...hopefully something that will get people to join up

It looks the teleport links expired, Pryanka. If you'd still like for me to hold them, you can PM me. I accepted your donation, dark_and_stormy_heart.

I'm not sure how google docs work, but I donated a couple things that I think are nice c: Poked my friend, who has a silver troph, and he said he may join in, so I'm kind of excited. Hope you get lots of interest tomorrow XD yeah!

I'm not sure how google docs work, but I donated a couple things that I think are nice c: Poked my friend, who has a silver troph, and he said he may join in, so I'm kind of excited. Hope you get lots of interest tomorrow xd.png yeah!

Thanks for all your help! Your donation forms look great, so don't worry about not being a Google pro. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the raffle tomorrow; the more entrants, the better smile.gif

I've got one more egg for ye .3. but it's still on cooldown; two hours c'monnn.... I'm getting kinda antsy. Honestly, I wish I knew how to spread the word or something more than jus my one friend.

EVERYONE JOIN IN! XD I'll make everybody pies, woo!

I've got one more egg for ye .3. but it's still on cooldown; two hours c'monnn.... I'm getting kinda antsy. Honestly, I wish I knew how to spread the word or something more than jus my one friend.

EVERYONE JOIN IN! xd.png I'll make everybody pies, woo!

Great! I was only able to donate a few myself, so that's good news. If it's alright with Pryanka, maybe you could use the banner she posted? I don't think PM'ing new players would hurt either as long as it can't be viewed as spam biggrin.gif

And who doesn't love pie?

Everybody is free to use the little test banner, but I promise better ones are coming.

PS I ended up donating those two out because I needed the scrollspace >< But I just submitted a different donation - one that's probably more valuable smile.gif

Great! I was only able to donate a few myself, so that's good news. If it's alright with Pryanka, maybe you could use the banner she posted? I don't think PM'ing new players would hurt either as long as it can't be viewed as spam  biggrin.gif

And who doesn't love pie?

Naw naw cx it's really quite neat, but I don't do animated things in my signature. I've actually been meaning to redo the whole thing, and I would suppose that a link to this thread might be in order, but as of now I made a kind of temporary placeholder button thing. I honestly don't post around the forum very often, so I'm not certain as to how good this'll do, but if you really need me to wear a link I shall c:

As for PMing users ...that's not really something I'd be comfortable with |D I have social anxiety, see, besides that it's just not in me to advertise in such an intrusive way. Good idea, but no thanks; sorry.

Hmmm o3o I suppose I'll have to draw up some pies, then; any flavor in particular you'd prefer? Imaginary is my favorite.

Naw naw cx it's really quite neat, but I don't do animated things in my signature. I've actually been meaning to redo the whole thing, and I would suppose that a link to this thread might be in order, but as of now I made a kind of temporary placeholder button thing. I honestly don't post around the forum very often, so I'm not certain as to how good this'll do, but if you really need me to wear a link I shall c:

As for PMing users ...that's not really something I'd be comfortable with |D I have social anxiety, see, besides that it's just not in me to advertise in such an intrusive way. Good idea, but no thanks; sorry.

Hmmm o3o I suppose I'll have to draw up some pies, then; any flavor in particular you'd prefer? Imaginary is my favorite.

No problem! If you're not comfortable with doing something, you certainy don't have to do it. I'm already doing my best to get the word out there anyway. Submitting wonderful donations and pointing the thread out to your friend is more than enough. smile.gif

Well if we're going for imaginary...magical pies would be interesting.

And thanks for your donation, Pryanka. I'm sure someone will really love it smile.gif

Edited by The Dragoness

It looks as though the raffle is open c: although, I expected to see some sort of announcement; I hope people are joining in! I linked my friend again, though it looks as if he isn't online at the moment .3.

Hey newbies! Flock this way!! XD We got some shinies for yee!

Edit: *cough cough* .... >3>

Edited by sunshine_ley

It looks as though the raffle is open c: although, I expected to see some sort of announcement; I hope people are joining in! I linked my friend again, though it looks as if he isn't online at the moment .3.

Hey newbies! Flock this way!! xd.png We got some shinies for yee!

Edit: *cough cough* .... >3>

My bad! I opened the thread to make the announcement, walked away to feed my dogs, and completely forgot by the time I made it back. Next time, I'll set an alarm on my phone just in case. I did post in the Departures thread though, so hopefully a few new players will notice the banner smile.gif