TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

Ok, I got my second batch of eggs... hopefully everything will hatch on time so I can get one more batch before the Halloween frenzy.

Provided you can influence everything should be no problem getting a 3rd batch biggrin.gif

(remember eggs drop for 24 hours and if you pick them up in the last minute you still pick them up. Your other eggs would have to hatch really slowly to cause issues wink.gif )

Huh, I guess the disease does spread among dragons on a scroll.

My precious Tinsel was fine for the past two days, now he's sick as well ;~;

Random thought - how DOES the disease affect incorporeal Celestials? And shouldn't Shadow Walkers easily shake it by doing their fading thing?

I know this is just a stupid game and some sprites DO look cool with the greenish swirls (I especially love 'infected' ALT Blacks look). But seeing my best healers (description wise) as well as most of my oldest dragons being infected with something... I know it's silly but it breaks my heart </3

Obligatory - YAY Halloween - thanks TJ and spriters smile.gif

Edited by herk

All three of my zombies are infected. How does that work xd.png

The bar STILL hasn't budged. Thinkin' there's a glitch going on.

thing is people with mental disability such as dyslexia, like me, which makes both reading and math alone frustrating irl, have mine sweeper be a nightmare to deal with. the instructions alone were confusing and annoying to go over again and again.

people dont want to go to a whole nother thread, or look up videos, just to complete a single round of a one time event. its too frustrating and people want something they can enjoy and want to play repeatedly without needing to spam each step on a forum to win.

at least with the story events the reading was small and technically not needed to beat the games. i did a quick run and beat it, then went back to slowly read the text. most the people who needed help for those were people suffering glitches or missing the last 1-2 items.

iam sorry, but honestly this years event was just really disappointing to me. like mine sweepers probably one of the oldest, and most frustration causing games for many and that just had to be in an event. unsure.gifsad.gif

I get that it really sucks, I just mean it's annoying the amount of people giving up and posting how annoyed they are and that they aren't getting the badge this year when there is so many people willing to help.

I get that everyone has different levels of abilities in everything, it's just frustrating to see people reject help and complain about it instead.

I've completed the mini game a couple of times now and got rid of all the viruses. Nothing happened after that. The counter was at zero and the game just sat there. I wasn't given the choice for good or ill. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help in advance.

Aaaaah! Thanks very much; that's esoteric enough I would NOT have gotten it I think. (Appropriate. . . but esoteric.)

Those who are old enough to have played the original (shareware) Doom in 1993 and who spent some time with that game have probably got the SPISPOPD reference. Even those who were not following the Doom discussions on Usenet (and the SPISPOPD jokes) were exposed to that acronym thanks to the cheat code "idspispopd" in the original version of the game (sadly, it was replaced by the boring "idclip" code in Doom 2). For me, the Pokemon references in previous Trick-or-Treat games were much more esoteric than this Doom reference. wink.gif

Anyway, as I said earlier, I was really happy to see that SPISPOPD pumpkin and I would like to thank whoever came up with that great idea.

More random thoughts

However, dragons who encounter the ooze become lethargic. Though not technically dead their normal sharp intelligence is blunted. In the initial phases they tend to lie around all the time, deeply asleep.

How does anyone tell if a Pillow is infected then?

And imagine that - a Lumina covered in slime NOT ripping their scales out - that's madness - MADNESS I tell you.

edit: OMG I just took a look at an infected Fever. That poor thing looks as if it's violently being sick, with the slime blob being the former content of its stomach

The male Terrae looks mainly incontinent xd.png

The female Pillow looks like a doggy happily rolling in sheep poop (something our Dogs always enjoyed). I guess the slime smells good to Pillows? Or maybe they just want the excuse to sleep all the time biggrin.gif

The female Harvest fits the "contagion" so well that it doesn't look like a random green blob, but actually it looks more as if the green is hugging/complemeting the dragon.

The Balloon obviously sat down on a slime filled cushion that exploded - it goes 'oopsie'... This is kinda fun (at least to me)

The Yulebuck stepped into the slime with his backleg and the Holly has it hanging mainly from its tail as does the Ribbondancer...

The Wintermagi is recoiling in horror from the slime bomb at his feet, jumping back from it.

The Solstice just jumps over a puddle of slime, it looks as if it isn't really affected/touching smile.gif

The Wrapping Wing has a length of slime connecting his wings - me imagines the Wrapping Wing flapping his wings in flight and the slime contracting or being streched all the while...

And the Slime gets mostly lost in the Mistletoe's green but the swirls make the pose look all dynamic - like she's waving her front paw and the green are pretty motion lines

Maybe I'll continue later...

Edited by herk

On my second round of breeding. My linages are going fab. But my hatching times are whack, but thats been going on or a few months. An egg used to hatch at 4 days, but now they all hatch between 3 days 21hours and 3 days 19 hours. whats up with that? Is anyone else's eggs taking more than 4 days left on the counter to hatch? I have terrific views and clicks, none of that changed, just the time it takes.

My progress bar is pegged squarely in the exact middle. Is it supposed to show my progress toward a cure, or the site progress as a whole? If the latter, does that mean that people are curing and infecting in equal numbers? Or do I just need a hard refresh?

The progress bar is for the whole site and it changes all the time, but only by a tiny amount.

During that last few minutes, I saw it evolving from 49.30% to 49.23% and then to 49.26%. This is less than a pixel on the screen (the percentage is taken out of 486 pixels), so the change is not visible. Spoiler: You have to look at the source code of the page and inspect the elements with a class "_2u_8" or "_2u_4" to see the exact amount.

user posted image

Can't tell about those two in the top right corner until the other moves are made, but circles are safe, crosses are bombs.

user posted image

Can't tell about those two in the top right corner until the other moves are made, but circles are safe, crosses are bombs.

You got that wrong. The last two that you don't know about need to be crossed out. The one directly next to it is safe.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Very satisfied with my second batch- now I can have all of the previous Halloween sprites. biggrin.gif

I didn't know a secondthird batch was possible, though, so now I'm /O\ing over it because I didn't prepare enough BSA dragons for that...

The minesweeper is personally to my liking(I probably contributed more than 30 times by now), but I get that it could be hard for some people. :0

Edited by SkyWolf25

Has anyone else encountered that if you accidentally press the little thing to disable a mine twice you end up losing on of the cross out things?

I'm so happy to breed more of my checkered lineages from last year. Its such a nice feeling when your year-long plans pay off. biggrin.gif I may end up gifting the results for this year. ^^

I personally can't remain involved in a game of minesweeper(it's not that it's too difficult to me, it's easy to me with 10 mines), so, well, the event ended for me after like 7 won games...^^;

And after collecting the 51 treats (curses, I completely forgot to ask if I can contribute my 2 treats, they've been waiting since last winter or so^^; ehhh)

Edited by VixenDra

Very satisfied with my second batch- now I can have all of the previous Halloween sprites. biggrin.gif

I didn't know a secondthird batch was possible, though, so now I'm /O\ing over it because I didn't prepare enough BSA dragons for that...

The minesweeper is personally to my liking(I probably contributed more than 30 times by now), but I get that it could be hard for some people. :0

That happened to me during Valentines so since then...I've been preparing more BSA dragons.

I'm glad you're satisfied with your second batch. Did you catch them? or breed them?

---

I'm just waiting for the new dragon now.

Since I've been gone for 3yr...I have to work slowly with the holiday lineages and finding combinations can become tiring (hard work, but it pays off).

You got that wrong. The last two that you don't know about need to be crossed out. The one directly next to it is safe.

Um, I think you need to take another look, cuz that 1 at the end of the second row would be a 2 if those unmarked boxes were both bombs. Inaccurate directions bug me, even if this board is long over. tongue.gif

Also, I kinda miss the days when that last eggslot was breed-only obtainable. Not that I wanna go back to only 4 eggs at a time, but maybe a holiday-special-super-secret slot would be cool. I simply don't have enough room for all the eggs I want to breed/keep/trade/catch! Especially at Halloween where you can catch 7 new eggs every year! xd.pngwacko.gifbiggrin.gif

I finally won the game and got my badge. I chose to heal and got a magical staff. Now what? What else I need to do?