TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

The virus status between cure and spread gauge doesn't seem to be changing.

Yeah, I don't think it's moved at all.

Yeah, I don't think it's moved at all.

It has; the percentage of the bar filled by the contagion is 49.59%.

It has; the percentage of the bar filled by the contagion is 49.59%.

The competition is fierce.

OK, I have a question about the Halloween Badges...

The info that I have read is that the 'cure' badge is different from the 'spread' badge... My first win I opted for the cure and received a cadeuse (however it is spelled) and later when I happened to win again, I chose 'spread' because I heard that the spread badge was so much cooler. Nothing, my badge stayed the same even tho others had reported that it changes with your last choice...

Now, I have never seen one of the spread badges, so is there any way someone could post one for me to see? I thank you...

OK, I have a question about the Halloween Badges... 

The info that I have read is that the 'cure' badge is different from the 'spread' badge...  My first win I opted for the cure and received a cadeuse  (however it is spelled) and later when I happened to win again, I chose 'spread' because I heard that the spread badge was so much cooler.  Nothing, my badge stayed the same even tho others had reported that it changes with your last choice...

Now, I have never seen one of the spread badges, so is there any way someone could post one for me to see?  I thank you...

Whatever you choose the majority of, that is what your badge will be. If you have chosen each option an equal amount of times, as you have, then your badge will stay with whatever you picked first. If you want the spread badge, you need to win one more game and choose spread.

Spread badge: user posted image

I was lucky enough to win a game after a single click! I don't think it's a legitimate strategy but usually when I play Minesweeper I click the four corners first.

Aha, thank you Sockpuppet, both for the explanation (I'm 2 and 2) and also for the image...

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Minesweeper game and collecting the little Treats. How many are there to collect? Currently, I have 51, and the Event page says "Collect up to 50 Treats"

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Minesweeper game and collecting the little Treats. How many are there to collect? Currently, I have 51, and the Event page says "Collect up to 50 Treats"

There's 51 in total

I am not finding this game amusing, even with the guides. I would like to earn the badge, but this Minesweeper is doing nothing but wearing down on my patience, even with the guide.

I am not finding this game amusing, even with the guides. I would like to earn the badge, but this Minesweeper is doing nothing but wearing down on my patience, even with the guide.

Many people have posted screenies here to ask for help. You could do the same.

I do have one concern, if there is a glitch that produces an auto-win...then shouldn't that glitch be corrected? I mean I know the event only started yesterday, but still...

I won...although I am a still a bit surprised. But I get my badge and now we wait.

The bar is going up, but if the bar ended up falling...what would happen to all the infected dragons?

Oh dear...that was not the option I wanted either.

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

I was having some fun with not-minesweeper until I had several consecutive rounds ending in guess-only progression. I had bad luck I guess and always picked the wrong tile. You know, such as:

X = virus

-- = unknown

|2|X|

|2|--|

|1|--|

Edited by Ashywolf

I do have one concern, if there is a glitch that produces an auto-win...then shouldn't that glitch be corrected? I mean I know the event only started yesterday, but still...

It's not a glitch. Just a lucky click. TJ was actually the first to post about doing so in this thread.

Anyone else a bit burnt out on the virus wars? It was fun for the first few days but I can only minesweeper so much ;w;

I hope there's more plot development towards the end of the event. Like results of all that research....

I won...although I am a still a bit surprised. But I get my badge and now we wait.

The bar is going up, but if the bar ended up falling...what would happen to all the infected dragons?

Oh dear...that was not the option I wanted either.

Nothing happens to the infected dragons. After the event is over...they should go back to normal.

i'm a little burnt out on minesweeper...but thanks to this event i actually get how to play it now! i'll actually be a little sad when the game is gone, i do like playing it a couple times a day until i win. it's still largely a game of luck for me with just a little skill thrown in.. xd.png

i personally decided to go for the cure badge. sure the spread badge is all creepy spidery and good for halloween...but i suppose there are limits to my evilness. tongue.gif besides, a wand is still good for halloween so i'm happy!

also loving all these badges this year! and that banner is just spookyrific! my favorite treat so far is probably the masquerade masks! the eggplant-o-lantern, plate of halloween cookies and cauldron are probably close seconds^^ seriously, that eggplant-o-lantern just makes me giggle everytime i see it!!

How many treats are there? It says on the first page up to fifty treats, but I have seen people with fifty one. ohmy.gif How can there be a quick amendment to the official number of treats?

i'm a little burnt out on minesweeper...but thanks to this event i actually get how to play it now! i'll actually be a little sad when the game is gone, i do like playing it a couple times a day until i win. it's still largely a game of luck for me with just a little skill thrown in.. xd.png

i personally decided to go for the cure badge. sure the spread badge is all creepy spidery and good for halloween...but i suppose there are limits to my evilness. tongue.gif besides, a wand is still good for halloween so i'm happy!

also loving all these badges this year! and that banner is just spookyrific! my favorite treat so far is probably the masquerade masks! the eggplant-o-lantern, plate of halloween cookies and cauldron are probably close seconds^^ seriously, that eggplant-o-lantern just makes me giggle everytime i see it!!

Oooh yes, I like the cookie badge too! So much detail in so little space biggrin.gif also really love the xenos and myriad birds and cats :3

I think I am done for this event, but my dragons would understand it was an honest mistake...so I feel better on that case.

But ah...I want that witch hat badly! The one with the white bow, it's very pretty and stylish.

I was lucky enough to win a game after a single click! I don't think it's a legitimate strategy but usually when I play Minesweeper I click the four corners first.

I use the same strategy, and I've had better luck with the top corners than the lower ones. Mines/viruses tend to catch me on the lower ones. xd.png