TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

what are these graves people are talking about?

I assume they mean the Halloween breed.

what are these graves people are talking about?

Grave dragons, they are the orange, black and white eggs with an evil grin on them. I don't have one on my scroll at the moment, but here is a link to an adult: https://dragcave.net/lineage/8TELZ

Edit: Ninja'd ninja.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

Had it up to here with this game. The mana puzzle from... anniversary? was much better. This game is just a rage-inducer. Guess I'm not getting a badge this Halloween.

Yey eggs are starting to hatch! biggrin.gif

Look forward to this year's new Halloween eggs!

But the mini- game is not good at that ~haha~

I feel more like before that things like adventure and freak show etc.

but still thanks!

Now I'm up to 45 treats... Slowly, but surely getting there...What is the latest count up to?

Now I'm up to 45 treats...  Slowly, but surely getting there...What is the latest count up to?

In total are 51. You're 6 treats away which isn't that bad!

Edited by aisudesu

I lucked out and got my badge from clicking randomly...the game is impossible for me otherwise.

Had it up to here with this game. The mana puzzle from... anniversary? was much better. This game is just a rage-inducer. Guess I'm not getting a badge this Halloween.

Many people have posted here for help. Why not just do that?

Got my second round of old Halloween eggs! Three Graves, one Cavern Lurker, two Caligenes, and one Pumpkin. Yaaayyy!

*pets hatchies* I love Halloween dragons.

All the people saying things like "ugh I can't play minesweeper I give up I just won't get the badge this year" are really annoying me.

You don't have to like it, but just try. If you can't get it by yourself, just as for help, either someone irl who can help you, this thread, this one: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176558 or so many people have been saying you can PM them and they will help.

You don't have to like it, but don't be annoyed when the only thing stopping you from getting the badge is you.

My progress bar is pegged squarely in the exact middle. Is it supposed to show my progress toward a cure, or the site progress as a whole? If the latter, does that mean that people are curing and infecting in equal numbers? Or do I just need a hard refresh?

My progress bar is pegged squarely in the exact middle. Is it supposed to show my progress toward a cure, or the site progress as a whole? If the latter, does that mean that people are curing and infecting in equal numbers? Or do I just need a hard refresh?

It's site-wide progress, so yeah, it seems like the two sides are about equal at the moment.

EDIT: Got all the dragons I wanted, and all the treats. Now it's a few more days of spreading the cure and attempting to help people out with the minigame, and then it's time for new eggs. Can't wait. biggrin.gif

Edited by ryon_brink

Got all the treats, got the badge and now to wait for the new Egg!!!

All the people saying things like "ugh I can't play minesweeper I give up I just won't get the badge this year" are really annoying me.

You don't have to like it, but just try. If you can't get it by yourself, just as for help, either someone irl who can help you, this thread, this one: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176558 or so many people have been saying you can PM them and they will help.

You don't have to like it, but don't be annoyed when the only thing stopping you from getting the badge is you.

thing is people with mental disability such as dyslexia, like me, which makes both reading and math alone frustrating irl, have mine sweeper be a nightmare to deal with. the instructions alone were confusing and annoying to go over again and again.

people dont want to go to a whole nother thread, or look up videos, just to complete a single round of a one time event. its too frustrating and people want something they can enjoy and want to play repeatedly without needing to spam each step on a forum to win.

at least with the story events the reading was small and technically not needed to beat the games. i did a quick run and beat it, then went back to slowly read the text. most the people who needed help for those were people suffering glitches or missing the last 1-2 items.

iam sorry, but honestly this years event was just really disappointing to me. like mine sweepers probably one of the oldest, and most frustration causing games for many and that just had to be in an event. unsure.gifsad.gif

I am perfectly capable of playing the game, but I can understand the frustration. Because the way I see it, for the people complaining about it it's not just about getting or missing the badge.

If you can't get enjoyment from playing the minigame then this year's event is just very bland. I find myself bored by it as well, getting most of the enjoyment out of helping other people complete their puzzles. It's by far not as intricate, immersive, and imaginative as previous events have been. And while I think that's okay (you can't expect 150% creative output all the time), it should also be okay for people to voice their frustrations with it, as long as they do it in a civil manner, which many people have been doing.

After all, it's only with feedback that a site can improve. And now the content creators know which kind of game doesn't do great with a lot of users.

Edited by ryon_brink

I am perfectly capable of playing the game, but I can understand the frustration. Because the way I see it, for the people complaining about it it's not just about getting or missing the badge.

If you can't get enjoyment from playing the minigame then this year's event is just very bland. I find myself bored by it as well, getting most of the enjoyment out of helping other people complete their puzzles. It's by far not as intricate, immersive, and imaginative as previous events have been. And while I think that's okay (you can't expect 150% creative output all the time), it should also be okay for people to voice their frustrations with it, as long as they do it in a civil manner, which many people have been doing.

After all, it's only with feedback that a site can improve. And now the content creators know which kind of game doesn't do great with a lot of users.

I really prefer the sort of events we had the last couple of years, where it was a treasure hunt of sorts. Tbh I wouldn't even mind if every year we had a different kind of spooky house. I love spooky houses.

Hmmm, 50 treats... Where's the last one? Come out, come out, wherever you are...

I got all 51 of the treats and the badge..now to wait for the new egg.

Ok, I got my second batch of eggs... hopefully everything will hatch on time so I can get one more batch before the Halloween frenzy.