SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

I would just be TERRIBLY disappointed if the Prizes turned into Pygmies! And I've NEVER been able to compete for a 2gen Prize since I just have terrible luck in catching multiple CB metals, which seem to be the only price for such things.

There are a few very generous CB Prize owners around - I got a 2G gifted to me recently, after simply managing to get on a breeding list. I also have an IOU for another 2G and traded 25 common/uncommon CB hatchies for it. (...But they're the only two I've seen willing to trade for something that's not a metal or swap.)

As for the raffle, I wouldn't hold too much hope for it - if we do end up getting one, it'll just be a nice bonus for me. If not, well... doesn't make much of a difference. A pessimist never gets disappointed, after all.

Doesn't look like we're having a raffle this month. I don't ever expect to win anyway, but I do enjoy participating in it. I still think there's a strong possibility that we'll have a raffle in May, or we'll see prizes made available in another way. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it until TJ decides to bestow knowledge upon us. tongue.gif

Still hoping for a raffle, though I'm not going to get my hopes up at this point tongue.gif

...Am I the only one who'd hate to get a non-standard breed prize? I'm a huge lineage collector / maker, so getting a prize with such limited possibilities (and probably limited trade worth) would drive me nuts. Even if it did lead to a big surge in submissions of non-standard breeds, by their very nature I doubt we'd ever see even as tenth as many of them as we do normal dragons. I've also noticed 2g prizes get easier to get each year, a positive trend IMO and one a new prize dragon would put a screeching halt to.

No, you are not the only one. I would be quite disappointed getting a non-standard breed prize. Probably would just freeze it.

Personally, i'm just really disappointed in the lack of communication for anything involving the raffle. I'm not surprised by it, because that would require less pattern recognition than I have, but i am disappointed.

...Am I the only one who'd hate to get a non-standard breed prize? I'm a huge lineage collector / maker, so getting a prize with such limited possibilities (and probably limited trade worth) would drive me nuts. Even if it did lead to a big surge in submissions of non-standard breeds, by their very nature I doubt we'd ever see even as tenth as many of them as we do normal dragons. I've also noticed 2g prizes get easier to get each year, a positive trend IMO and one a new prize dragon would put a screeching halt to.

Nope. I would be very disappointed too.

I am really, really] hoping for a Raffle. Maybe sometime in the near future, but nobody knows except TJ. Hopefully we get some answers soon smile.gif

*puts on the pessimist mask* There will be no raffle and for DC's birthday our surprise will be it being shut down!....*waggles eyebrows comically* kidding of course...I do hope there is a raffle...I just came back last June...I want my 2nd chance at a prize sad.gif (I was around during the first ever prize hand out but I only consider my having chances when there were raffles. . My mundane Christmas tree didn't have a snowball's chance in hades during the 'win because you decorate a tree well' year)

Probably xd.png.

And PLEASE can we stop with the "wan dem 4 TRADE worth." There is SO much more here than "how much can I get for my 3rd gen shimmers ?"

I too am a huge lineage maker, and just now, especially with pygmies. So....

Well, like I said, it's not just trade worth. It's 1) having so fewer lineage possibilities compared to normal breeds and 2) getting such a small sprite. Some pygmies are really cute, sure, but in general I favor the larger, more detailed sprites. And there's like... what, 10 pygmies compared to 150+ normal breeds? Pygmy prize lines would get stale pretty fast IMO.

And honestly I think trade worth is also important, even if you dislike it. At this point in the game for me, the only difficult thing to collect, the true wish list items, are 2gs from spriter's alts and 2g prizes / hollies. All of which are much easier to get if you have 2g prize breeding power on hand. In contrast, a Pygmy prize would probably hold less trade power, for reasons mentioned above, and a prize that can't yield real rewards is kinda a booby prize, considering their normal glory on here.

I admit I'm surprised at no raffle. On reason I stopped the TMB raffle (other than way too short on time over the holidays) was I expected another 300+ prizes. And well, as I'd never focused on trading Metal's 2gs for metals I figured I'd better shore up my collection while I could. And so I have, with silvers at least and I'm grateful I got to do that.

But I do feel we kinda got a raffle this year as we got the gorgeous Lunar Heralds, which apparently were meant to be prize dragons.

That Christmas game was pretty amazing too. The idea of a fully functioning mini game for the holiday still stuns me. That was a lot of work for people to come together and do!

/bows

(would love a pygmy prize)

/loves pygmies and is biased

Edited by Vhale

I keep checking to see if there is going to be a raffle, but I think we are too far removed from the event to expect anything now. But stranger things have happened.

BUT, those Lunar Heralds were like getting prize dragons, as many as we wanted.

I don't think there will be a raffle anymore... and I'm really glad there isn't. There was always so much drama about the raffle and the prize dragons. And they destroyed the trade market. Honestly, I do not miss them. tongue.gif

There was always so much drama about the raffle and the prize dragons. And they destroyed the trade market. Honestly, I do not miss them. tongue.gif

I feel the same, but the problem is: If there are no more raffles, the existing prize dragons will destroy the trade market even more, because their offspring will become more valueable as more prize owners quit and less active prizes remain.

What I'd love to see is tinsels and shimmers released in cave, maybe as uncommons, so the trade market can relax. I'd love more raffles, but no more exclusive prize breeds - raffle prizes would only be HM options (any dragon currently dropping in cave plus cb hybrids and alts, maybe with custom codes).

At this point, the odds of a raffle are pretty low. I am very disappointed in TJ.

Why ? He can decide whether or not to have one. You may be disappointed that there isn't one (apparently), but to be disappointed in TJ means he would have had to do something wrong. He has just not done what you wanted. He has - if we are to take that line - actually done what I wanted, so if you are disappointed - then I must congratulate him !

@Ha-Ki - prizes don't have to destroy the trade market as - while I like and collect them - we don't NEED them - we can do something else. The extreme "demand" is only driven by those who hanker after them. As I don't - I couldn't care less !.

Edited by fuzzbucket

When raffles went from something fun and unexpected to something that people just expect and get this disappointed in ( as by some of the most recent posts ), I would say it is a good thing that the raffles were stopped.

snip... If there are no more raffles, the existing prize dragons will destroy the trade market even more, because their offspring will become more valueable as more prize owners quit and less active prizes remain..snip..

THIS ^^ The few lucky winners will then keep charging various bodily appendages for 2 and 3gens and the rest of us can go suck wind, I guess.

THIS ^^ The few lucky winners will then keep charging various bodily appendages for 2 and 3gens and the rest of us can go suck wind, I guess.

So don't collect them, lovely one. That's the kind of attitude that will lower the "price". As long as people have this LUST for the damn things, the price will stay up there.

There are so many gorgeous dragons; why let these few colour your feelings ?

Some of us don't do that anyway. Please be kind smile.gif

Some of us don't do that anyway. Please be kind smile.gif

Indeed. I own some lovely third gens, and I didn't pay a single eggy for any of them. Also I have a 2 gen that was gifted out of the blue. I frequently breed all of these to gift.

I'm not disappointed... yet. I would not be disappointed if there was no raffle, only if there was no communication on the subject before the end of January. Last year, TJ posted about the raffle on the 15th of January. There was a previous reference to the raffle on the site itself but there was also a direct link between number of entries to the raffle and participation on the event. This year there was no direct link. I think.

TJ is perfectly aware that many people have been waiting and expecting the raffle. To inform them that the raffle would not happen, would be courteous and kind. To not do that, at all, would be disappointing.

I feel the same, but the problem is: If there are no more raffles, the existing prize dragons will destroy the trade market even more, because their offspring will become more valueable as more prize owners quit and less active prizes remain.

What I'd love to see is tinsels and shimmers released in cave, maybe as uncommons, so the trade market can relax. I'd love more raffles, but no more exclusive prize breeds - raffle prizes would only be HM options (any dragon currently dropping in cave plus cb hybrids and alts, maybe with custom codes).

For what concerns the trade market, I must agree with Ha-Ki. We are already seeing owners of 2G Prizes increasing their "trading demands" for the offsprings.

Personally, I would much prefer, instead of the raffle, to see former CB Prizes released on the cave. Prize owners had, at least, almost one year of benefits due to their win. Maybe it is time to remove the "have vs do not have" paradigm.

I'm not disappointed... yet. I would not be disappointed if there was no raffle, only if there was no communication on the subject before the end of January. Last year, TJ posted about the raffle on the 15th of January.

This. As someone coming at this with fresh eyes and not having been on the forums for a raffle before, I wasn't expecting (once TJ said no rewards for the game/don't take time away from your holidays for it) to see any posts from him about it until Jan 15 as that's when the old raffle posts appear to have happened.

So I'm definitely still crossing my fingers until then!

Also echoing that there's real people behind the CB and low gen prize owners. A number of my 3g's and other dragons were also gifts, including from CB owners, there are many lovely souls out there gifting for nothing more than thanks and the joy of it.

:S I want to add even though some have already responded to this, but I've been kindly given my only 2nd gen. Shimmer and have gifted all two of his 3rd gen. shimmer offsprings thus far...

Also, in my opinion, having "rarer" lineages such as the prize lineages makes trading more interesting for some people. It doesn't "destroy" the market.

Although I have never been lucky enough to win one, and never had healthy enough body organs to trade for a 2nd gen .... I still dream of winning a prize dragon (or even a HM).

I know it's a bit of a letdown when we check our emails and realise it's not our year, but I can't understand the people that turn it into a drama. I have also never harrassed anybody who did win a prize (to me, that is just ridiculous).

To me it is something you would love to win, maybe something you daydream about, but if it doesn't happen, you just wipe away the tears (kidding) and try again next year.

Saying things like this really does not increase your chances of getting a G2. smile.gif

I love Yellowstone but if I had the chance I would've traded her for a Pygmy Prize without hesitation. Pygmies have been my favorites since their release so I'd love cute little shiny ones! I can't believe there's people who'd freeze a CB Prize just because its a Pygmy. It would still be a Prize and it would still have value. o.O

Anyways, at this point I really don't think we're gonna see a raffle. I mean we might, but we still haven't heard a word so I'm leaning towards no. I wish TJ would just say something instead of leaving everyone in the dark. That's only gonna upset people more while they wildly speculate all sorts of things, get their hopes up for raffles/new breeds/fun surprises "later", etc.

If I were a CB Prize owner, I would give my 2Gs out for little or no cost. Mainly a few Z Codes. I'd also throw a few gifts here and there. But that's me. With no raffle in sight, I don't have a chance to do this for others.

I wish the raffle would start and call my name already xd.png I'll never be a CB Prize owner, though, so my hopes are low tongue.gif