SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

THIS ^^ The few lucky winners will then keep charging various bodily appendages for 2 and 3gens and the rest of us can go suck wind, I guess.

Don't tar us all with the same brush.

My favourite thing to do with Sansa's 2G Prize offspring is dropping them on unsuspecting players heads. tongue.gif

There may not (and at this point in my opinion, highly not) be a raffle with Christmas this year, but I still have hope that something will come back. At least that's what I hope. I may not get a cb shimmer or tinsel, but I'd love the chance at some cb prize someday. In the mean time, just watching/waiting.

Edited by jesterboohoo

I guess since I don't have a chance with getting a CB prize this year, I'll just continue my search for a 2G Prize.

I really hope they incorporate the store idea thing so that I can earn one. I'm good at working hard for things. smile.gif

I guess since I don't have a chance with getting a CB prize this year, I'll just continue my search for a 2G Prize.

I really hope they incorporate the store idea thing so that I can earn one. I'm good at working hard for things. smile.gif

The store suggestion definitely needs to be implemented. I hope it does one day so I can own pretty things, too wub.gif

Til then, I can only hope that this raffle happens... more than likely it won't, but you never know! TJ has done stranger things!

Today is the 11th January (cave time), I would wait until Saturday, the 16th, before trying to guess TJ's plans. As if we are going to succeed....

There's a planned site downtime within the next 10 days or so (check the news forum). Maybe a raffle could be held after! I hope so!

That seems like a possibility! I wonder, in that case, how TJ is going to determine who is eligible for the raffle.

The store suggestion definitely needs to be implemented. I hope it does one day so I can own pretty things, too wub.gif

Til then, I can only hope that this raffle happens... more than likely it won't, but you never know! TJ has done stranger things!

Lineaged prizes are pretty too. It's the SPRITE that's pretty. Even LONG lineages are rather nice. Look.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EJjf9

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8YdZA

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NzKoF

http://dragcave.net/lineage/F5k0v

Edited by fuzzbucket

Kind of accepted that there will not be any raffle, considering when people got their prizes last year. So many prizes were awarded then and, at this point, that seems quite intentional. So, I'm not expecting any raffle and no other way to distribute prizes. A few people got those, dumb luck and all, who did not was just out of luck. I'm not even commenting on the fairness of all that.

I was hoping for a raffle and still am. I'm really hoping there will be one on or around the birthday event because I would love to have a prize (dropping 2g prizes on unsuspecting people would be just what I would do.... And I would love to do that ^.^).

Heck I would just love to have NEWS of why there isn't a raffle! (Or there hasn't been one yet)

Edited by Clya

[snip]

Heck I would just love to have NEWS of why there isn't a raffle!

Me too! We need some answers me thinks. D;

Heck I would just love to have NEWS of why there isn't a raffle!

Why do we need an "answer" ?

All we need to know is that TJ did not choose to have one.

That IS why.

That IS why.

That's true. I can live with that, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That IS why.

We don't "need" it but a little communication goes a long way. If you keep putting off, or just never announce, changes like this it can lead to a lot more drama and disappointed users than just talking about it. Without hearing official word on what's happening people will get carried away and make up their own scenarios. The longer it goes on the more people will become attached to their ideas.

Now some people are expecting/hoping to see a raffle for the DC Birthday even though we have no evidence that's even a possibility (as far as I know, please share if you have any). Its not a bad idea but some of those people will be upset if the birthday comes and goes without a mention of the raffle.

Even if the answer is "we don't know when the next raffle will be because we're working on a new system" that's at least something concrete.

Well, see, the issue I have with this is the fact that people EXPECT things here. Why do we ? Just because we have had a few raffles doesn't mean we will always have them. We once had a dragon released for Chinese New Year. It hasn't happened again. So what ?

There IS no timetable for anything except the three holidays - Valentine's, Hallowe'en and Christmas. Why would anyone EXPECT a raffle on the birthday ? We have never had one then. If there were one - then would people "expect" one next year ?

As for

some of those people will be upset if the birthday comes and goes without a mention of the raffle.
- then that's very silly of them, as there is NO REASON AT ALL to expect one.

Why does anyone have to say "we don't know when "the next raffle" will be" - there may never be another, so such an announcement would be a bit pointless. So what. Enjoy what does happen, and if a raffle shows up some time - that's nice. If it doesn't - big deal. NOT.

The real issue, I think here, is communication with one's userbase. As well as previous precedence. I think it's kind of late, 5 years into it, to up and decide to not do it anymore without communicating that to your userbase.

It's common courtesy and good admin policy.

The real issue, I think here, is communication with one's userbase. As well as previous precedence. I think it's kind of late, 5 years into it, to up and decide to not do it anymore without communicating that to your userbase.

It's common courtesy and good admin policy.

Pretty much this.

Personally I don't really need an explanation as to what's going on with the raffle but a short post along the lines of "The Raffle will be postponed until later this year" or "No more raffle, expect something else down the line" would've been enough. It still leaves the whole thing up in the air, but also offers some kind of closure.

Well, see, the issue I have with this is the fact that people EXPECT things here. Why do we ? Just because we have had a few raffles doesn't mean we will always have them. We once had a dragon released for Chinese New Year. It hasn't happened again. So what ?

Well, the previous raffles weren't a one-time thing. They've been happenning for five years in a row. I think that gives grounds for people to expect another one this year.

Of course, TJ doesn't have to hold a raffle each year. He doesn't even have to explain the reasons. But it would be nice if he simply told us there would be a raffle or not. People deserve to know what to expect. It's a common courtesy, as many others said before me.

This may be slightly off topic, but when exactly is the DC birthday month? Or is it more like just the year in general so we never know when it'll happen?

Also, personally, I was hoping for eggslot increase/trophy increase or something x)

This may be slightly off topic, but when exactly is the DC birthday month? Or is it more like just the year in general so we never know when it'll happen?

Also, personally, I was hoping for eggslot increase/trophy increase or something x)

It's in May. That is DC's anniversary. If you look at TJ's announcements, you'll see about when it happens in May.

DC's Birthday is in May, though the exact celebration day has varied.

May 21st was the official launch day, but birthday releases varied from 20th to around 23rd

As far as the arguments that say "TJ has decided there is no raffle (as I am pretty certain there won't be) and that's enough reason quit complaining" - no. Just, no. The sign of a good admin is communication with one's playerbase. In my experience, not telling your players when something established is going to change, or be removed entirely, and just doing it causes outrage - and rightly so. TJ might have made this game, but WE are the ones who enjoy and keep it running. It would have died in its first steps if players didn't dedicate time to helping it grow. This is not a charity case - TJ is not some divine being blessing us with dragons. That's not how being a game designer works.

You HAVE to communicate. At this point, and with all the hopeful ideas being spun, it would have been quicker, easier, and much less painful to just tell us what the hell is going on with our investment.

THIS is disgraceful, and we have every right to be disappointed.

On a more personal level, I personally am really sad not to even have the chance at CB prizes, or hybrids/alts/older holidays. I'd love to have one of these (or a Holly or something) for the sake of trade value, as I started midway last year and I don't have much trade potential, comparatively.

It's also not fair to dismiss complaints regarding the economic power prize owners have. Yes, some of them are kind enough to gift their 2/3Gs, and that's great, but they still hold all the economic power. No dragon in the entire site is worth more than those shiny 2Gs, and it doesn't matter how many get gifted, that is still a massive economic and power imbalance that needs to be addressed.

As far as the arguments that say "TJ has decided there is no raffle (as I am pretty certain there won't be) and that's enough reason quit complaining" - no. Just, no. The sign of a good admin is communication with one's playerbase. In my experience, not telling your players when something established is going to change, or be removed entirely, and just doing it causes outrage - and rightly so. TJ might have made this game, but WE are the ones who enjoy and keep it running. It would have died in its first steps if players didn't dedicate time to helping it grow. This is not a charity case - TJ is not some divine being blessing us with dragons. That's not how being a game designer works.

You HAVE to communicate. At this point, and with all the hopeful ideas being spun, it would have been quicker, easier, and much less painful to just tell us what the hell is going on with our investment.

THIS is disgraceful, and we have every right to be disappointed.

On a more personal level, I personally am really sad not to even have the chance at CB prizes, or hybrids/alts/older holidays. I'd love to have one of these (or a Holly or something) for the sake of trade value, as I started midway last year and I don't have much trade potential, comparatively.

It's also not fair to dismiss complaints regarding the economic power prize owners have. Yes, some of them are kind enough to gift their 2/3Gs, and that's great, but they still hold all the economic power. No dragon in the entire site is worth more than those shiny 2Gs, and it doesn't matter how many get gifted, that is still a massive economic and power imbalance that needs to be addressed.

No offense but... we have no rights. We do not pay for any service, with the only exception being no ads, if we subscribe.

Whatever TJ decides to provide, whenever he does, there is no reason for outrage, drama, riots, etc. We could have chosen a game we pay for and that would give us some rights. We chose the free for all and we must accept the consequences. Including the fact that we were, maybe, in the past, the ones keeping it running but there are other thousands doing that now.

Yes, it is charity. No pay = no rights. Just accept that and enjoy whatever TJ is willing to give.

Prize owner's power? Yep, that's real and would seem that TJ's choices, so far, will preserve that. Guess what, you still choose. You bend and do whatever to get a 2nd or 3rd Gen. Or you decide that you will not bend and ignore those trades. Still your choice.