SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

Do you think we will have a raffle?

Based on what? Everybody and their sister get a chance even with accounts that have been inactive forever? Only if the user logged on lately?

Last year, no mention was made of a raffle either. The event was presented and everyone who played it got a badge. Then after the holiday it was revealed that getting the badge for playing entered one into the raffle for a new prize.

I expect the same this year. No mention of a raffle, yet there is an event we get a badge from.

Last year, no mention was made of a raffle either. The event was presented and everyone who played it got a badge. Then after the holiday it was revealed that getting the badge for playing entered one into the raffle for a new prize.

I expect the same this year. No mention of a raffle, yet there is an event we get a badge from.

Wait, I think we did know last year. Every day, you'd have to fill your bar to get an entry. And the year before, you'd have to get to level 25 in the event to earn an entry. Both times, we knew beforehand.

This year, I believe we'd get new prize dragons, so I think they might change the event. After Christmas, when people are less busy, maybe there will be a separate event for the raffle?

I think they mentioned last year that every day you played, you were entered into the raffle. No such info this year. I think the market for the existing prizes is becoming saturated for anything more than 2G or 3G's.

I doubt there will be a prize raffel, at least not for the existing prize dragons.

There's no raffle, it would have been announced by now if there was.

Yeah, I'd guess no raffle. I think they don't want to make prize dragons any more common than they already are; hopefully next year there will be a raffle.

My guess is no Raffle - simply because it states:

"If you play through all twelve, you'll get a special badge --though they'll be no other rewards for daily participation..."

In all the past events - it has stated how to get entries for a raffle within a few days of the event starting.

My guess is TJ might be giving us a break from Raffles due to the drama they've been causing in recent years.

My guess is no Raffle - simply because it states:

"If you play through all twelve, you'll get a special badge --though they'll be no other rewards for daily participation..."

In all the past events - it has stated how to get entries for a raffle within a few days of the event starting.

My guess is TJ might be giving us a break from Raffles due to the drama they've been causing in recent years.

Yeah but what would stop TJ from using a different mechanism, not game-related, for the raffle? Dunno... i.e. everybody that logged on the DC site during the holidays is entered.

TJ always mentioned beforehand that there would be a raffle, so I doubt it.

But who knows what he has up his sleeve...

I seriously hope that TJ will plan a raffle! It would be my first and I'd love to see the excitement involved in it too.

no raffle? RIOT!

I seriously hope that TJ will plan a raffle! It would be my first and I'd love to see the excitement involved in it too.

no raffle? RIOT!

I hope so too but I can understand why he would not based on what I have read about the things that people have dealt with since the raffles started (still would love to be apart of the raffle for once though =P). Also, not sure if he is busy? Considering also that he has not bred his dragons for Christmas or Halloween.

"Daily participation" may just mean that anyone who does at least one day is entered and that, unlike past years, completing more days does not get you more tickets? But the only one who knows for sure is TJ.

I hope there's something, even if it's just HMs and no new Tins/Shimmers/new breed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed not so much for the prizes, but for the possible custom codes, eheh. |D

Not a fan of the raffle but I hope that TJ will have some way to distribute 600+ CB Prizes and a bunch of HM. If no CB Prizes are added to the pool, the trading market status quo will not change and that's not a pretty picture. I would be even more concerned if no HMs are distributed. We need more Hollies!

Is it bad that I don't particularly care? If there is, awesome. If I win by some stroke of ultimate magic, then amazing! If there's not, I won't die.

I am feeling like there won't be, but I hope there is.

I didn't even know there were raffles until last year so I don't really know. It definitely looks like we won't get one but the game's not done yet so maybe we'll get one.

I hope we at least get some HMs out so there's more Holly blood.

I'm with Sullen Cat in not being a fan - I have always thought they were a bad idea, and while I'd naturally be delighted to win, I rather hope there isn't one ever again.

I really hope there will be a raffle.

Maybe the procedure will change? Or the time?

I'd kind of like it being moved to another event. Maybe Easter? Since the Easter event doesn't Easter dragons, a raffle would be cool.

Honestly, I'm more interested in getting the code I want, than a Prize dragon. And the raffle is the only way for that. So I hope there will be something, even if there's no new/more Prizes. Just my opinion smile.gif

Edited by alliana1

Maybe the procedure will change? Or the time?

I'd kind of like it being moved to another event. Maybe Easter? Since the Easter event doesn't Easter dragons, a raffle would be cool.

Or maybe DC's birthday? It's 10 years old in 2016... unsure.gif

I'm also thinking we're not getting a raffle now; at least certainly not anything like we've had before. Dunno if I'm relieved or not - will the drama over no raffle be worse than the drama over raffles? rolleyes.gif Also, I agree with alliana1 - it's a custom code I'd be mostly interested in! xd.png

I don't think we'll get a traditional raffle, at least, or if we do it won't be at the usual time. I do hope we get something like a raffle, though; I'd really like a custom code and raffles are the only way to get one.

I am uncertain.

On the one hand, TJ has specifically said that the holiday event has NO special reward to it other than a badge. I ALSO wouldn't blame him for NOT wanting to bother with the raffle, given the drama it has spawned in years past.

On the other, TJ has been known to like to be unpredictable, so it is possible he has something ELSE in mind this year...

My own unsubstantiated theory is that with TJ having a non-DC job now, trying to add Christmas event + Christmas dragon + raffle all at the same time is too huge a workload, so he's relocating it to some other time.

Personally I hope there's either another raffle or, even better, some alternative way to earn prize dragons. Last year's effects made 2g and 3g prizes far more obtainable, which is great, but by and large they're still inaccessible to many players (especially 2gs) and continue to dominate most of the rarest trades. People won't usually trade more than one Neglected for a CB Gold but I know two very active players at least who've traded 4+ Neglecteds for 2g Prizes from easy breeding lines... the demand is still intense.

I'm honestly not sure. I hadn't thought the raffle was announced last year, but it turns out that it was included in the on-site announcement--it just wasn't mentioned on the forums. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, haha.

I really hope there is one at some point this year! Even if you don't win anything I think it's pretty fun to participate. But no, I don't believe that there's going to be one NOW at this Christmas event. If there was, I think it would have been mentioned by now.

This is rather nice to let us enjoy our Christmas dragons and the holiday as is, unhindered by worrying about things like logging in each day, or playing a certain number of games, etc for something that is not actually at all related to the holidays.