SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

Several days into January and still no updates on whether we'll get a raffle, or an introduction of CB prizes. I'm assuming we won't get any :/

Edited by andromedae

It won't help to ask about it every couple of days. Be patient.

It's normal to express worry or even anxiety about the issue. I wasn't here last year, but there's been no news about these dragons for quite some time. We can be patient as can be, but we might still get no news regarding them at all, whether they'll come back or not. I'd just like a definite answer.

Considering there wasn't a raffle last year, and there was a higher chance of having one last year (as there was a raffle the previous year), I wouldn't hold my breath for one.

Also, considering that last year was the year that STOPPED raffles, AND we didn't get any definite answer as to whether we were gonna have a raffle, I also wouldn't hold out hope for the answer you're looking for. People were asking questions all the way through DC Anniversary.

Every other raffle has been clearly stated somewhere in cave that there would be a raffle. Nothing last year, nothing this year.

Honestly, I think NOT having a raffle is causing more drama than actually having one. We have a limited pool of CB Prize Dragons as it stands. We NEED more out there, floating around. Some people argue that there's thousands of CB Prizes out there. Well, I don't particularly see them being bred in the masses. There's many, many CB Prizes with one or two offspring. Or none at all. Or, even that one CB Prize that was Frozen!

I've always dreamed of having a CB Prize. I would not ask for a plethora of Golds, Neglecteds, et cetera for one little 2nd Gen. Actually, I'd probably settle for a few common hatchlings to help me get to my goal of 10,000 dragons. Easy stuff that the average Joe Shmoe could obtain. They say CB Prizes changes people, but give me the chance to prove otherwise. tongue.gif

Several days into January and still no updates on whether we'll get a raffle,

What would the raffle be based on ? There wasn't a way to get tickets, so....

There certainly AREN'T thousands of CB prizes out there. The last raffle - 2014 - which had FAR more than the others gave us:

50x - 1st place Shimmer

100x - 2nd place Shimmer

150x - 3rd place Shimmer

50x - 1st place Tinsel

100x - 2nd place Tinsel

150x - 3rd place Tinsel

There were no Honourable mentions.

Thousands ? Nope.

Oh, I checked that the last raffle we had and there had been an announcement several days into January. So, I thought that since this year had no announcement a few days into the month, I assumed there wouldn't be a raffle at all. I know there weren't any tickets and such. I've pretty much lost hope for there to be one at this point.

Oh, I checked that the last raffle we had and there had been an announcement several days into January. So, I thought that since this year had no announcement a few days into the month, I assumed there wouldn't be a raffle at all. I know there weren't any tickets and such. I've pretty much lost hope for there to be one at this point.

The raffle was always announced before the holiday event started in December. That way everyone was aware that their participation would count for tickets, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. In January, you wouls just get updates on the raffle's state, choice of the winners and distribution of prizes.

Edited by LaHaine

There certainly AREN'T thousands of CB prizes out there. The last raffle - 2014 - which had FAR more than the others gave us:

Thousands ? Nope.

I know. Some people like to exaggerate. I've had several people mention "thousands" in reference to CB Prizes and I'm just like " blink.gif ".

Honestly, I think NOT having a raffle is causing more drama than actually having one.

No way, not even close. There's annoyance and frustration, sure, and some users take it a way too personally and bring it up everywhere. But overall the forum's toxicity level is muuuch lower than it was during the last raffle. Although every suggestion seeming to turn into "Prize owners are greedy and evil" at some point is getting ridiculous/tiring.

If TJ keeps quiet about Prizes and no way to get CBs comes back it'll get worse over time (as it has) but for now its not that bad. Hopefully we get some sort of non-Raffle solution before it gets too much worse.

IF TJ hasn't announced it, then I do not expect one to occur. If a raffle is to happen he will announce when and what the criteria for entry will be.

As it stands people seem to fail to comprehend the nature of a limited edition item. Its Limited. Like the limited edition Starscream figure I have... there are only 300 of them, and I have one. Of the thousands of transformers fans out there, only 300 of us will get one.

I will not be opposed to him having them in Store. on the same note, I will not be opposed to them being entirely retired from future release.

But trust me on it that if there is a raffle, he will let us known with ample time.

Edited by Starscream

I have to agree that I don't think the raffle is going to be anytime soon. However, I don't discount that it is possible that TJ might move it to a different time of the year. Since we've kinda set up the tradition of having a special mini game for Xmas Holidays, and that requires a LOT of work from a lot of people for a lot of time and coordination, I wouldn't expect that the staff or admin would have extra time beyond that to do a Lotto shortly before or after that event.

That said, I don't necessarily think that Raffles will or won't be phased out. But I think if we are going to have more, it's probably going to be moved to another time of year.

My 2 cents.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. ...In other words, a week later and still no news. Ergo, there will be no raffle this year~

I'm actually glad we're not getting one... the trading section would just become even more skewed if there were more CB Prizes. Less drama, the better... honestly, I'm already pissed off about the trading section as is.

Edited by Beldarius