SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

I'm with SockPuppet Strangler on this one. Also, its NOT the userbase's fault the Raffles got out of hand: its TJ's. Given the incredibly small number of starting Prizes relative to the total userbase, the number of years it took those numbers to grow, and basic human nature, what happened on the forums with the drama and trading was totally predictable. And very easy to prevent. Then, instead of fixing the problem, two years later he compounded the problem by adding a 2nd prize set. And now, to add insult to injury, when things finally began to turn around this last year he cuts the legs out from under the trading system by not adding any new prizes!

Were the Raffles a bad idea to start with?

Yes. But they HAPPENED and now we have to deal with the consequences. Namely, their utter domination of trading. Trying to bury them in the sand and pretending they never happened will only make things far, far worse. Better to deal with the raffle drama. Better still to add some other way to get them.

Should the raffles be discontinued? ONLY if they are replaced with some other way to get CB PRizes.

To those who think ending raffles will end the problems prizes cause, wake up and smell the coffee, please! I give it 1 more year, at most, before there are practically NO new 2nd gens entering the market. Already the numbers from a year ago (the 600) to now have gone waaaay down, and only a fraction of those who won said 600 have actually *traded* their offspring. That's their right, but the end result is Prizes still dominate trading.

If no new way to add CB Prizes to the game is added, in a year or two low gen Prizes will come to totally dominate the market the way they did in the first two years after they were released. If you think that that won't cause huge drama..... I suggest you think again. The damage to trading with be severe if Prizes and Prize owners are allowed to so dominate economically (whether they want to so dominate or not! And truth is, most do NOT want to dominate that way).

Also, the lack of communication really isn't helping the matter. Its amazing how accommodating people are when you let them know what happened without them having to hunt the info down.

tl;dr:

Prizes and Raffles happened. Now we have to deal with the (very predictable) fallout. It is NOT the userbase's fault.

Discontinuing raffles without some other way to add CB Prizes to the game will end in disaster.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm also peeved by something that is not significant (if compared with the consequences of the raffles, consequences of no replacing them with "something", etc.) but still quite annoying. People were not expecting a new release in January because they though that, right or wrong, a raffle would happen. Instead: zero, zilch, zip, nada, nothing. Unless you count outages and glitches as "events".

Edited by SullenCat

I'm also peeved by something that is not significant (if compared with the consequences of the raffles, consequences of no replacing them with "something", etc.) but still quite annoying. People were not expecting a new release in January because they though that, right or wrong, a raffle would happen. Instead: zero, zilch, zip, nada, nothing. Unless you count outages and glitches as "events".

Even before the raffle, I don't ever remember a January release. Just saying.

Even before the raffle, I don't ever remember a January release. Just saying.

Jan release w/ raffle: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=131115

Jan release w/out raffle: https://web.archive.org/web/20100304165945/...showtopic=79318

I think the whole point is kinda moot though, as it's kind of hard to judge this because when did regular releases even start? Wasn't it after the raffle? 2012/2013ish while the first prizes were in 2010/2011 (event/handed out).

=0

Oh - OK. See my sig xd.png

But I think the year of the dragon was something a bit SPESHUL !

It is easy for you to blame winners and losers. Guess what, they just behaved according to the "roles" they had been assigned. Winners and losers did not create the abyss between them. The raffles did.

There is a lot of truth in this statement, but then again, the divide is also generated by member's behavior. Just look at the various threads in suggestion asking if it could be made possible to hunt easter eggs or trick and treat items from previous events - collectibles that have no effect on the actual gameplay. Yet so many people, even some contributors to the respective event, do not want newer members to be able to collect the trinkets regardless of the fact that they have no in-game use.

Edited by Rally Vincent

There is a lot of truth in this statement, but then again, the divide is also generated by member's behavior. Just look at the various threads in suggestion asking if it could be made possible to hunt easter eggs or trick and treat items from previous events - collectibles that have no effect on the actual gameplay. Yet so many people, even some contributors to the respective event, do not want newer members to be able to collect the trinkets regardless of the fact that they have no in-game use.

There is just a problem, namely that users can still decide how they behave by themselves.

It's called a free will.

The raffles generated the problem of a otherwise unobtainable dragon in the community, the community and all of its' single members decide how they behave.

There is no excuse for behaviour that is completely unnacceptable.

And as I have said before, it is not even that barely handful of users that have completely ruined the raffles for me.

Those others that have behaved nice, considerate, caring and supporting, I am sorry for them, because those few above just ... well. Ruined my want to ever see a raffle again.

(If others deserve a raffle and thus a chance or not, I am not going to talk about, because there is the nature of 'deserving' something, that is very argueable and would lead to discussions to no end, so I'm not even touching that. )

Anyhow.

I saw a few good ideas, in here and in the suggestions (only to mention Thuban's suggestion of having a game-store of some kind, where you could get those prizes), that I would like to see instead of the raffles.

Ideas that could make everyone happy.

That instead of a raffle, I would be all about.

The raffle in itself, not.

I've wanted a CB tinsel since 2011. I'd always imagined what I would name it and what I would breed it to. It has a been my dream. But now I realized that raffles aren't the best idea; it just brings out a lot of greed from the DC user base. But actually, I realized I've had more fun collecting and trading for 2G's and 3G's, and if I got a CB tinsel, the struggles and successes of this amazing game and quest would be destroyed.

As for harassment, I never really thought people do that? Sure, there are certain people who complain a bit but I never thought anyone would be enraged at CB prize owners. After asking nicely to about 100 CB Tinsel owners who don't have "no PM's" or such in their signatures, only one ever got mad at me. Is this really true? Or are people making it up to find a way to get mad at people who are greedy even more?

@Hellen: tl;dr: This is why we can't have nice things? rolleyes.gif

As for harassment, I never really thought people do that? Sure, there are certain people who complain a bit but I never thought anyone would be enraged at CB prize owners. After asking nicely  to about 100 CB Tinsel owners who don't have "no PM's" or such in their signatures, only one ever got mad at me. Is this really true? Or are people making it up to find a way to get mad at people who are greedy even more?

It depends vastly on how you asked. Most people (who don't have a "No PMs" sign) don't mind a politely phrased request. But not everyone bothers to ask politely, not everyone will take "no" for an answer, and some users can be extremely pushy and aggressive, especially towards newer users who might be more easily bullied. I was lucky and didn't really have any issues, partly I'm sure because I am an established and active player, but others were not so lucky. (The worst case of harassment I've ever had was over a Holly, actually.) It's just pixel dragons, but you'd be honestly amazed at how people can be about them...!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Reason: people here don't really deserve it as far as I am concerned.

Here is the problem. You GENERALIZED and said that "people here" are not deserving. That's plain offensive. My point is not about you representing the point of view of the whole staff. My point is that staff members should not go offending everybody, that staff members should be showing more restraint, more judgment and avoid creating drama. The moment that someone accepts or looks for a staff (or half-staff) position, that's a responsibility.

And... when another half-op agrees with that kind of post, she gets on the same boat.

How can a normal member respect staff that disrespects others?

It depends vastly on how you asked.  Most people (who don't have a "No PMs" sign) don't mind a politely phrased request.  But not everyone bothers to ask politely, not everyone will take "no" for an answer, and some users can be extremely pushy and aggressive, especially towards newer users who might be more easily bullied.

And since " some users can be extremely pushy", should we deduct that people here, in general, are not deserving?

As I said previously, I'm not a fan of raffles and would prefer to see an alternative way of distributing Prizes, but I'm feeling quite offended by generalizations.

The raffles generated the problem of a otherwise unobtainable dragon in the community, the community and all of its' single members decide how they behave.

There is no excuse for behaviour that is completely unnacceptable.

And as I have said before, it is not even that barely handful of users that have completely ruined the raffles for me.

Those others that have behaved nice, considerate, caring and supporting, I am sorry for them, because those few above just ... well. Ruined my want to ever see a raffle again.

(If others deserve a raffle and thus a chance or not, I am not going to talk about, because there is the nature of 'deserving' something, that is very argueable and would lead to discussions to no end, so I'm not even touching that. )

That's interesting... So... there's a "barely handful of users" but you're not going to talk about the "deserving" ones, even if you agreed to a post about "people here not deserving".... I'm speechless...

Edited by SullenCat

And since " some users can be extremely pushy", should we deduct that people here, in general, are not deserving?

As I said previously, I'm not a fan of raffles and would prefer to see an alternative way of distributing Prizes, but I'm feeling quite offended by generalizations.

Please do not put words into my mouth. sleep.gif

Here is the problem. You GENERALIZED and said that "people here" are not deserving. That's plain offensive. My point is not about you representing the point of view of the whole staff. My point is that staff members should not go offending everybody, that staff members should be showing more restraint, more judgment and avoid creating drama. The moment that someone accepts or looks for a staff (or half-staff) position, that's a responsibility.

And... when another half-op agrees with that kind of post, she gets on the same boat.

How can a normal member respect staff that disrespects others?

That's interesting... So... there's a "barely handful of users" but you're not going to talk about the "deserving" ones, even if you agreed to a post about "people here not deserving".... I'm speechless...

Still not for raffles.

Other options are available instead of raffles.

Off topic, but I want to clear that up.

You are being offended about peoples' personal opinions.

As I stated before.

We all can have opinions, I am entitled to mine, as you are entitled to yours.

Attacking me to be unprofessional when I voice my opinion is pretty much slapping a censored sign over my mouth, saying I'm not allowed to have a personal opinion.

Stating that I, as a staff, have to give up all personal opinions, and just nod and smile and wave, and keep everything to myself.

That isn't going to happen.

I as a staff - member will certainly put a divider between my personal opinion, and what is happening.

As I have stated before. I will not mod people for doing the stuff that is pretty much annoying for ME, if they do not break the rules or it starts out to be harrassement

(Why I am not touching the "Who deserves a raffle and who not".

I think not even Gandhi or Mother Theresa would 'Deserve' to win a raffle. I don't deserve to win a raffle. No one DESERVES to win a raffle. It's either luck or no luck. Not deserving it.)

And while you are offended by my opinion, I am offended by your statement that staff isn't allowed personal opinions.

So now we both offended each other, and you can go and clearly read over my sentences again?

And actually read it all?

Namely that I (me. myself. Not others.) would like to see no raffle again.

Because I (me. myself. Not others.) have made very bad experiences concerning those raffles, and the behaviour of the users (behaviour, that again, is THEIR choice, and was in no way forced on them).

Options for not having a raffle

=> Suggestion threads are full with Suggestions to end the raffle, and put up a better way to contribute prizes.

=> Cave release. (Can you imagine the scramble for them? All the drama)

=> Having more contests not art based (not writing, drawing, sculpting, music...) by simply playing in game-games.

=> many other options. Any ideas?

(Also, we didn't get the clear Yay or Nay yet from TJ)

Still not for raffles.

I think not even Gandhi or Mother Theresa would 'Deserve' to win a raffle. I don't deserve to win a raffle. No one DESERVES to win a raffle. It's either luck or no luck. Not deserving it.)

=> Suggestion threads are full with Suggestions to end the raffle, and put up a better way to contribute prizes.

=> Having more contests not art based (not writing, drawing, sculpting, music...) by simply playing in game-games.

Me, myself, Hellen and others would like no raffles ever again, too.

Not because of anyone's behaviour. Nastiness and selfishness, as well, as generosity and awesomeness, are present through all populations. (for the record Amazon_Warrior is among the latter - the NICE - group.) And I cannot say I have had "bad experiences" with the raffle, except when reading the horrid threads where people try to find ways that EVERYONE should get a prize, or a "consolation prize" - not to be available to winners, and the rest because NO FAIR. That is so tiring, destructive and unnecessary.

And "deserving" doesn't have anything to do with anything. Who DESERVES to win $$$$$ on Lotto ? No-one "deserves" to win a raffle. It's random luck. Fairness basically has nothing to do with it; insofar as it does, randomness is totally fair. We all had an equal chance of winning with every ticket we had. MANY seem to forget that when they don't win.

Why I would like to see an end of them is because they will always leave a small group of people with something the huge majority of others can never get, no matter how hard they try. And sure, if I won one, I'd be thrilled to bits, and would breed it like mad and the rest - but still.

I would rather see an option where everyone CAN get these dragons. A cave release would be a nightmare. I think the best option suggested so far is the store. Not my favourite prospect - but now that these dragons are out there, there needs to be a way that we can all work towards getting them CB. I'd rather not see contests as such.

And yes, staff can have opinions., though I would say that when they express them they should (as both starscream and Hellen have done) be very careful to say that they are PERSONAL opinions. The POTUS is allowed to vote, too. He could even vote republican if he liked, and tell everyone he had. Being in a specific position in life does not mean you have to toe every last line others think you should. Being on staff does not - and should not - be a muzzle.

Edited for correction of member name

Edited by fuzzbucket

I would rather see an option where everyone CAN get these dragons. A cave release would be a nightmare. I think the best option suggested so far is the store. Not my favourite prospect =- but now that these dragons are out there, there needs to be a way that we can all work towards getting them CB.

Ok I have obviously not been paying attention, didn't realize the raffles created so much drama, not sure how I feel about the idea of no raffle. I have always wanted to win a prize cause their just so pretty and it is hard to get anything under 3rd Gen. 2yrs ago I couldn't get under 4th Gen so obviously the last winners have opened things up a bit.

Anyway wanted to know what this store is?? Is it somewhere you would have to actually pay to get a Prize dragon or is it somewhere you could log into only once and get 1 of any dragon you want CB (cause the later would be so cool biggrin.gif )????

Yeah that's probably dreaming but you have to dream sometimes laugh.gif

Anyway wanted to know what this store is?? Is it somewhere you would have to actually pay to get a Prize dragon or is it somewhere you could log into only once and get 1 of any dragon you want CB (cause the later would be so cool  biggrin.gif )????

Yeah that's probably dreaming but you have to dream sometimes  laugh.gif

It's a suggestion where you could earn points/mana/something with no name yet xd.png and spend it on eggs (or maybe on potions - there are all sorts of ideas in there) - by playing - NO CASH MONEY ALLOWED.

Read all about it !

Edited by fuzzbucket

It's a suggestion where you could earn points/mana/something with no name yet xd.png and spend it on eggs (pr maybe on potions - there are all sorts of ideas in there) - by playing - NO CASH MONEY ALLOWED.

Read all about it !

Ok great thank you, I'll go read that now biggrin.gif

Still not for raffles.

Off topic, but I want to clear that up.

You are being offended about peoples' personal opinions.

As I stated before.

We all can have opinions, I am entitled to mine, as you are entitled to yours.

Attacking me to be unprofessional when I voice my opinion is pretty much slapping a censored sign over my mouth, saying I'm not allowed to have a personal opinion.

Stating that I, as a staff, have to give up all personal opinions, and just nod and smile and wave, and keep everything to myself.

That isn't going to happen.

I as a staff - member will certainly put a divider between my personal opinion, and what is happening.

As I have stated before. I will not mod people for doing the stuff that is pretty much annoying for ME, if they do not break the rules or it starts out to be harrassement

And while you are offended by my opinion, I am offended by your statement that staff isn't allowed personal opinions.

So now we both offended each other, and you can go and clearly read over my sentences again?

And actually read it all?

Namely that I (me. myself. Not others.) would like to see no raffle again.

Because I (me. myself. Not others.) have made very bad experiences concerning those raffles, and the behaviour of the users (behaviour, that again, is THEIR choice, and was in no way forced on them).

(Also, we didn't get the clear Yay or Nay yet from TJ)

Nope. Don't think you can use guilt trips on me. There is a reason why chat rooms/fora with good reputation demand their mods to have two accounts. One for when they are "modding" and representing administrative opinions, another one as users and representing their own opinions. Those respected mods are not to share their mod status with anybody. That avoids corruption and misunderstandings.

I'm not offended by personal opinions. Those are perfectly fine. I'm peeved by people that should know better, expressing their personal opinions while supposedly "modding". That is unprofessional. When someone goes expressing opinions about "undeserving members", while posting under their "mods" accounts, that taints the respect that we should/could have for the role.

Staff, when posting under staff accounts, should NOT express personal opinions, in particular if they are offensive towards users that, supposedly, they are "modding". Personal opinions, that's what user accounts are for.

Or do we want another ~Removed~

Edited by _Z_

Should there be a raffle: well..if the prize is going to be something limited that will never be available to other users as a caveborn dragon.. ever? No. But, if the breed will eventually be released to the masses, after a few years have passed, sure.. I guess.

The problem with the raffles as they were, is that not enough were going out, in an economy built on "everyone can get these, either by catching or trading". Just the sprites themselves, arent enough for lineage builders.

Now, as a user: the raffles were not thought out enough, and over time, not enough changes were made to keep up with what the users did to the economy in the race to get the fancy new sprites. I know I personally have tried to find ways to get the caveborns into peoples hands (including having suggested tinsels being released to the cave after their 2 years of being special on their own, and two years of overlap with the shimmers...) The original winners still have fancy codes that way if they bothered to pick one.. and 4 years of being able to trade for whatever they wanted. Shimmers, would have gotten that same option too, had a third prize actually been released. When that didnt happen, well.. theres a reason for the store thread.

As a mod type, I found the raffle to be nothing more than a modding nightmare. 6 months of the year, devoted to people spazzing over the new release, then omg another raffle.. then the "when will we find out.. with all of the inbetween periods of people moping or complaining about them. Nothing about them was handled well. It would have helped to know what was happening ahead of time.. to plan ahead for how to handle the drama, when it did happen.

I would rather not see raffles happen the way they DID. If a new way of doing it were to happen, in smaller batches.. i could be ok with that. Once a year as a "can only be entered during holiday madness where people have far ore important things to do than play some pixel game" ... no. Smaller scale, more frequent so there is always new blood coming in is the way to go, if a raffle has to happen. Otherwise... the store thread in whatever format it hopefully happens in. However, if they are going to happen, it needs to be made clear if its going to be a once in awhile thing, or a "until i get tired of doing it" thing. Just ending it with no official word of any kind, is a pretty big kick to the teeth.

Attack the topic, not each other.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, you do not have to agree . Those of you posting off topic will receive a warn as those attempting to attack other members.

Nope. Don't think you can use guilt trips on me. There is a reason why chat rooms/fora with good reputation demand their mods to have two accounts. One for when they are "modding" and representing administrative opinions, another one as users and representing their own opinions. Those respected mods are not to share their mod status with anybody. That avoids corruption and misunderstandings.

I'm not offended by personal opinions. Those are perfectly fine. I'm peeved by people that should know better, expressing their personal opinions while supposedly "modding". That is unprofessional. When someone goes expressing opinions about "undeserving members", while posting under their "mods" accounts, that taints the respect that we should/could have for the role.

Staff, when posting under staff accounts, should NOT express personal opinions, in particular if they are offensive towards users that, supposedly, they are "modding". Personal opinions, that's what user accounts are for.

I believe this to be purely your opinion, because I have not lost any respect for Starscream or Hellen for sharing their opinion in a discussion thread. I personally believe they have every right to voice their concerns.

I agree with a majority of the people here that Raffles can be quite toxic, and would be very happy for them to end. However, we absolutely need a new way to get CB Prizes if raffles are to end. I wish it was as simple as Fuzzbucket's suggestion that we don't give people trading 2G Prizes anything and everything, but at the moment there will always be someone who will give whatever they can possibly give for that 2G. I know there are more to Prizes than their trade value, but as I do not generally care for them or collect them (and strongly dislike them purely because of their distribution method), that is the only facet in this game where they affect me (as it can be difficult to get what I want if anybody and everybody is asking for 2-3rd Gen Prizes) and thus where my personal opinion ends.

If anything, I feel bad for the remaining active Prize owners if we don't get a new wave of CB Prizes. Sure, the Prize value may increase/remain steady/remain high, but I have seen cases of them getting harassed or accused because they are not "sharing" their prize, which is utterly ridiculous.

I would really like to see the store implemented rather than continuing the raffles. As long as it takes a while to earn a prize egg, it won't hurt the prize-driven economy (i.e. people who won the raffle already and/or have a holly can still ask a good price for their eggs), but people who cannot catch golds, etc. will have a way to get low gen prizes, hollies, etc.

As a prize owner, I would like to see a slow but continual influx of new prizes in the game, preferably going to people who are dedicated players. The big problem with raffles is that, even if you toss out a huge number of them every year, so many players go inactive and only play during holidays. Even if you have the kinds of things that can get a 2G prize (prizeswap, lots of golds, neglecteds, hollies, etc.), if a good portion of the players who won disappear, it doesn't help. On the other hand, if people have to really put in a lot of work to get a CB prize, they are very likely long-term, dedicated players. These are the type of players who are more likely to stick around and continue to produce eggs to help others with lineages. smile.gif

I do agree that 2G prizes SHOULD remain valuable. Otherwise, what is the purpose of them being prizes? However, I do not think they should be unobtainable, which to most users at current, they are. I'm a very good catcher, and I still never have had enough metals on my scroll at any given time to be enough to offer on a 2G prize. It took winning a prize to be able to get other 2Gs via prize swaps.

I also think that having another way to get them would help remove a lot of the severe negativity that surrounds the raffles. Being a prize owner is both a blessing and a burden because of some of the undeserved hatred that comes with it. That feeling of community resentment has caused more than one prize owner to just stop trading their prizes or even to stop breeding them. If that is lessened, it would help the community overall, both prize owners and non.

Just my two pence worth. smile.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I would rather not see raffles happen the way they DID. If a new way of doing it were to happen, in smaller batches.. i could be ok with that. Once a year as a "can only be entered during holiday madness where people have far ore important things to do than play some pixel game" ... no. Smaller scale, more frequent so there is always new blood coming in is the way to go, if a raffle has to happen. Otherwise... the store thread in whatever format it hopefully happens in. However, if they are going to happen, it needs to be made clear if its going to be a once in awhile thing, or a "until i get tired of doing it" thing. Just ending it with no official word of any kind, is a pretty big kick to the teeth.

This, so much. If they were more frequent and happened on a clear, regular schedule, I think that would probably do a fair bit to cull the drama surrounding it that you get with the big once-a-year format. Especially since setting up a regular schedule would probably also entail a lot of automation to the process, eliminating the need for TJ to personally handle all the prizes, special codes, and so on.

Maybe something like every two or three months (maybe quarterly?) there's a small raffle for a small number of prizes, and anyone who logged in during X timespan gets one entry apiece. Encourages people to be more active over the longer term as they always have the next raffle to look forward to. Plus that keeps a small but steady influx of new CBs into the market, keeping the market value for 2Gs high while also offsetting the usual attrition loss from previous winners going inactive/not breeding due to drama/etc that helps drive the 2G price beyond most players' reach right now.

Those who don't win at least then have the assurance that "Hey, maybe next time at X date!" instead of "Fffff, I gotta wait until NEXT YEAR and I don't even know if there will be one!" At the very least, having the information very clearly conveyed would do wonders for cutting down the drama. Sure, had there been an announcement confirming no raffle this past Christmas, you would have people moaning and complaining about the lack; but having no communication at all about it has only resulted in people moaning and complaining about the lack AND moaning and complaining about the lack of communication of the fact.

IF this were to happen, it would need to be TOTALLY random, with no event participation required to get tickets - just a sudden email "you won a prize. Clear a space,please !"

Because events are a GREAT deal of work for those creating them, and because - to be blunt - even retired old biddies like me don't have the TIME to play through events loads of times a year.

Which is why I say - please call a halt and open the store. Even though I don't like it that much. It's better than raffles and every one can use it and get those elusive specials in the end.

I believe this to be purely your opinion, because I have not lost any respect for Starscream or Hellen for sharing their opinion in a discussion thread. I personally believe they have every right to voice their concerns.

I agree with a majority of the people here that Raffles can be quite toxic, and would be very happy for them to end. However, we absolutely need a new way to get CB Prizes if raffles are to end. I wish it was as simple as Fuzzbucket's suggestion that we don't give people trading 2G Prizes anything and everything, but at the moment there will always be someone who will give whatever they can possibly give for that 2G. I know there are more to Prizes than their trade value, but as I do not generally care for them or collect them (and strongly dislike them purely because of their distribution method), that is the only facet in this game where they affect me (as it can be difficult to get what I want if anybody and everybody is asking for 2-3rd Gen Prizes) and thus where my personal opinion ends.

If anything, I feel bad for the remaining active Prize owners if we don't get a new wave of CB Prizes. Sure, the Prize value may increase/remain steady/remain high, but I have seen cases of them getting harassed or accused because they are not "sharing" their prize, which is utterly ridiculous.

~Removed~

So, you agree that "people here aren't deserving"? Really? Based on what? In my opinion, the majority of users ARE deserving. They work hard on their scrolls, they share their lines. I'll never, ever, agree with belittling them.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

So, you agree that "people here aren't deserving"? Really? Based on what? In my opinion, the majority of users ARE deserving. They work hard on their scrolls, they share their lines. I'll never, ever, agree with belittling them.

(If you say the majority of users deserves a raffle, because they/we make so much with their/our dc accounts, does that mean the rest of them/us doesn't deserve the raffle by your logic, because those don't do as much?)

Again, the question of "Deserving or not" is ... weird..., since none of us are really 'DESERVING' a raffle.

We can be lucky/unlucky (depending which viewpoint you have) to have a raffle, because it's not our decision, and can't be earned (that's where the 'deserve' comes from?) by any means of playing.

Also I ... find it weird if people only want "experienced" "dedicated" and "Long term" players to win. I mean, I'm not always THAT active, always having eggs and hatchlings, but I check on my scroll at least once a day, even if I don't play as much because of personal reasons.

If Raffles, then at least for everyone, and not "You have to breed x eggs a week, have to raise x dragons a year, or have to be active for x years", because that would just not be fair to everyone then. Same chances for everyone? Just saying. I know people want this because many owners dissapear or go into hiatus, but that could happen to everyone of us, even by such simple means as "no internet available".

Anyhow, I agree with many of the people here, and Firefury made a good point by stating this =>

Maybe something like every two or three months (maybe quarterly?) there's a small raffle for a small number of prizes, and anyone who logged in during X timespan gets one entry apiece. Encourages people to be more active over the longer term as they always have the next raffle to look forward to. Plus that keeps a small but steady influx of new CBs into the market, keeping the market value for 2Gs high while also offsetting the usual attrition loss from previous winners going inactive/not breeding due to drama/etc that helps drive the 2G price beyond most players' reach right now.

THIS could replace the big raffle.

The Store could replace the raffle. (It would be my prefered option. Even might help out with people getting bored with dc).