SullenCat

Raffle or no raffle?

I'm going on the assumption of there being no raffle this year. No point in getting hopes up on the last day of the year.

I hope the raffle happens for DC's birthday instead so the event shenanigans are a little more spread out.

/snip

As an ideal I think a combination of raffle AND way to earn prizes would be ideal. Release a new prize every four years or so, and make the previous prize available in some in-cave way at the same time. That still gives people a very strong incentive to log in and participate in the raffle, earning good traffic for the cave, while also not giving those people supreme trade power.

/snip

This makes perfect sense (Bold is mine), wish was implemented...

Edited by NotBambi

I hope we have a raffle again. It seems like so many prizes weren't bred or went inactive :/

I hope we have a raffle again. It seems like so many prizes weren't bred or went inactive :/

This!

I really really hope there's a raffle. D: Even if we all get just one ticket each for participating in the event.

There was even a reference in the game to raffle tickets, if you looked at all the bags in the post office.

Count me in the "hope there's a raffle, won't be especially upset if there isn't one" camp. It'd be nice, and I already know what I'd do with mine if I won either a shiny or an HM, but I'll live if we don't have one. tongue.gif

H,BWBS - Hope, But Won't Be Sad.

I think that the raffle would be fine even if there are no true prize dragons being raffled off, kinda like the Honorable Mentions a couple years ago (no idea whether or not that is still a thing). It gives people the feeling that they won something, without changing the amount of 1G/CB Prizes available, which keeps the Prizes still rare at the level they still are at this point.

I'm honestly hoping there's a raffle, since I'd like to see new Shimmers/Tinsel dragons enter the game. Fresh lineages can make Checker lineages more interesting.

Of chores, it's ultimately up to TJ. I'll keep my finger's crossed.

I was holding out hope we'd get a raffle announcement with the new year. I guess there really isn't a raffle this year. Hadn't believed it until the year turned! D: Finding it hard to accept there will be no new prizes handed out this winter.

I was holding out hope we'd get a raffle announcement with the new year. I guess there really isn't a raffle this year. Hadn't believed it until the year turned! D: Finding it hard to accept there will be no new prizes handed out this winter.

This is pretty much how I feel too... Perhaps there may be something around DC's birthday as others have suggested, but that's quite a ways away and would be a little bit disappointing.

Honestly, the wait to even see if we'd hear anything at all has been pretty lame.

Edited by Areous

This really sucks sad.gif I was hoping for a raffle this year. I am so disappointed.. Just waiting to hear something though really sucks. I just wish we could get a direct "yes" or "no" answer, not leave us hanging like this :/

I think they mentioned last year that every day you played, you were entered into the raffle. No such info this year. I think the market for the existing prizes is becoming saturated for anything more than 2G or 3G's.

I doubt there will be a prize raffel, at least not for the existing prize dragons.

we could use a new prize dragon

or TJ could just ram the ratios up so that they breed enough for pandas to pity them and start fundraisers where they play Sara M. music while sad looking prize dragon photos are shown on Bamboo Network as they talk about how all the prize dragons will go extinct UNLESS THEY DO SOMETHING!

Edited by blockEdragon

I was looking forward to a raffle this time around (and new prize dragon maybe???) Even if I don't win, at least the time before winners are e-mailed, I'll be hopeful. And if I did win a prize/HM, I've already daydreamed what I would want to code to be and everything~

I joined DC in March this... last year, just after the prizes were handed out. In my first days on the forum, the excitement from the raffles was still fresh and, though I was disappointed that I had missed out, I was thrilled with the idea of the chance to win a rare dragon of my own. The long, holiday-less summer fave me the chance to build up my scroll and take my time about it too, but all the while I was dreaming of Prizes, especially once I began collecting checkered Prize lineages.

It seems now that I will never even have the opportunity to own a prize of my own, nor even the hope of it, alongside everybody else who dreamed of owning one... nice Christmas gift. sad.gif Among all the uncertainties of this game, for the whole while I've played this game the concept of raffles and prizes was always a constant, and it never occurred to me that I would never get to participate.

I suppose a raffle is still, distantly, vaguely possible, but with no word and the new year begun... *sigh* I hold no delusions. It's not likely.

Edited by Sylph264

I don't think I'd have been half as annoyed by this outcome if we'd gotten some sort of indication either way a while ago. Not that I'm surprised; keeping the userbase in the dark is an ongoing problem here.

Pretty much this. Except I'm still hoping there'll be a raffle. It's a really fun time for me even if I don't win (and I haven't yet) and I was quite looking forward to the raffle. If there isn't going to be anything, I think TJ should tell us earlier.

While there has not been a message that says "There will be NO raffle this year," the Follies announcement was clear that nothing beyond the badge was imminent, and the egg release was solely the egg release, as it normally is. There was nothing at all to indicate a raffle, only the expectations based on some past events.

If there is to be a raffle, it seems to have been completely divorced from the winter holidays, and I think the holidays were far better without the raffle. Much kinder, with MUCH less of the cutthroat environment that the raffle unintentionally fostered. I'm sure something completely different is in the works, since it seems TJ always has something up his sleeve, and we"ll find out when it is ready for release.

The Cave celebrates its 10th birthday this year, and I'm going to look forward to the coming festivities, since I'm sure they will be more impressive than the raffle. smile.gif

It is really sad that we have no raffle... I had the hope to get a CB prize....

I never considered that we might skip the raffle entirely this year... it's been a tradition since 2010, and I've been there for all of them. Losing it is pretty bittersweet, and I wish we'd gotten a more explicit warning that it wasn't happening.

That's a pity.

We had wonderful game Valkemarian Tales, we had beautiful new Christmas dragons, so it's all good; but another chance to win the CB prize dragon will make the celebration even better.

I'm still hoping we'll get a raffle eventually. TJ had a lot of coding to do on the holiday game, so he may have just run out of time to orchestrate a raffle before the New Year.

It would be too bad if the raffles just stop before I've had any chance to win one. ;-) But of course, even if the raffles continue I may never win one either. Que sera, sera...!

Looks like no christmas/new years raffle ;-;

Hopefully DC Birthday...?

Not getting my hopes up though....