TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

the silver suspense is killing me I WANNA C DEM DX (JK i can wait...but if you want to show me i won't protest XD)

To those upset about the Nilia update, do note that the new male sprite is an updated version of the original. I'd say about 50% of the new sprite is unchanged from the original; the torso, much of the tail, and some of the limbs are virtually unchanged. It's just slightly more dynamic and natural now, and has updated shading and lines.

Edited by PieMaster

I wish you good luck. They can be quite difficult to catch at times.

Oh, I know. xd.png I shall definitely do my best, however. Thank you for the luck. smile.gif

Oh well. You know what they say, sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.

The male horse is fantastic, love the new fierce pose. The hollies are also gorgeous now too. They were nowhere close to my favorite holiday but this has made them lovely and shiny without really changing them. I don't like pigmies, so the nilia change is nether good not bad for me.

I'm most apprehensive about the silvers. I hoard metals, and it would be sad to dislike them after collecting and breeding them over the years. Although the new gold sprites took me from hating to loving them, so here's hoping!

Not to sure about the lady nilia's neck there, but these all look great! I love the feet fluff on the male horses!

Edit: Haha! It looks like the male horse is reacting in surprise to his newly discovered bosom.

Edited by Jazeki

I like the nilias personally. They were kind of eh to me to begin with, and now they have some interest to them.

As for the holly, I think it is good for what it is. Personally I am one who wish it could have been updated further, but I understand the need to appease those who like the old, and it still is a good update.

I also like the male horse a lot. I need to check my old iceXhorse lineage though to see if it still works.

Yikes, just realized I only have three female nilias.

Edited by Nectaris

Whoa, horsey! Whoa!

Ha ha! It's like the male Horse Dragon just got jacked by a factor of 50!

Very, very nice! xd.png

Love the male horse sprite! Not so much a fan of the new Nilia sprites, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

As for the holly, I think it is good for what it is.  Personally I am one who wish it could have been updated further, but I understand the need to appease those who like the old, and it still is a good update.

I agree so much that it hurts biggrin.gif

BTW you guys are such a disappointment... After reading all the "sky will fall" responses on the initial announcement about updates, I was selfishly rubbing my hands, expecting to easily catch a bunch of Holly eggs. Guess not sad.gif

all of my hellhorse lineages are male horse x female hellfire, and i'm happier than ever with that choice now! biggrin.gif

i really liked the original nillas -- there was something so cute and proud about their pose (like a little dog who thinks he or she is a big dog). i can still see some of that in the male, and i guess i just need some time to get used to the female.

i agree that the new male horse looks good with the female hellfire, and i too have a lineage of those.

the new hollies are gorgeous.

the nilias though...i don't know if i'll get used to them, as i loved the old ones. these are like a whole new dragon. they look quite different in lineages. very pretty, but so different.

It just struck me that in pygmies I actually confused female for male! She's appearing so much larger... much longer everything. I don't like that, I'd much prefer them swopped, male with female. Esp. as they're not a matriarchal breed, no? (I haven't unlocked them in the Encyclopedia yet)

It just struck me that in pygmies I actually confused female for male! She's appearing so much larger... much longer everything. I don't like that, I'd much prefer them swopped, male with female. Esp. as they're not a matriarchal breed, no? (I haven't unlocked them in the Encyclopedia yet)

Females were always intended to be larger than males as per the spriter. Many dragons in-cave are like this.

Many egg-layers in nature have larger females than males, admittedly most often in animals that go for numbers(bigger size=more eggs per clutch). Some reptiles, many fish, and birds of prey tend to have larger females than males. What dragons are like is up to the artist.

Edited by Nectaris

Noooo, the mares are super-jealous. They enjoy bucking and rearing, and feel the male is being given unfair freedom while they've got to keep all four hooves in the kitchen.  xd.png

When you look at this type of lineage, with a male Horse & female Hellfire, and a female Hellhorse offspring, it's amazing. I am completely wowed by it!

xd.png This amuses me.

The mental image of protesting mare dragons! XDDDDDDD

Edited by Silverswift

Greetings..

Just an opinion of an old time member... I joined just after the Xmas '07 So I did not get on '07 CB Xmas. But I believe it to be the most beautiful & to change it in any way would be to slap the start of DC in the face! sad.gif

Hmmm... I partially wish the Horse's pose had not changed that much. The combination with Harvests looked better before the change, because the similarity in the poses was one of my reasons to breed them together.

On the other hand, I think it will look great with Arsanis now, like this. smile.gif

I actually think that looks quite nice smile.gif

I'm really enjoying the updates to the Horse! The Nilia is quite dynamic, too.

Greetings..

Just an opinion of an old time member... I joined just after the Xmas '07 So I did not get on '07 CB Xmas. But I believe it to be the most beautiful & to change it in any way would be to slap the start of DC in the face! sad.gif

It's already been changed, and in a way that many people seem to agree was a respectful homage to the original.

Absolutely fantastic new sprites. The Holly always bugged me, with how awkward the neck was, but this is a splendid improvement!

Man, seeing how harshly some people are stating their opinions makes me feel bad for the new Silver spriter already, because I'm sure that sprite will be the one to get the most criticism. xd.png

Man, seeing how harshly some people are stating their opinions makes me feel bad for the new Silver spriter already, because I'm sure that sprite will be the one to get the most criticism. xd.png

I'm sure any spriter who wanted to touch the Silver would be well aware of how controversial that would be.

I'm sure any spriter who wanted to touch the Silver would be well aware of how controversial that would be.

This.

I would think that fact alone would tend to keep them pretty conservative in what they do to it. Though you never know. They changed the golds significantly enough, so i guess we won't know for SURE until the new silvers are unveiled.