TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

Oh my. I love what was done with Hollies, I think they look so much better now. I didn't like them enough before to make much effort towards getting too many of them, but I do believe they just became top priority for Christmas this year! (:

Goodbye old Nilia sprite, we'll miss you and that sweet, whimsical pose of yours!

Hmm... I'm not sure I love the new sprites, but the male pose is really kind of cute. I'm iffy on the female, that neck may take some getting used to... It's very.... unique?

I'm glad the old Horse sprite was kept and very impressed the male matches pretty well with the female, despite the fact that they were made at different times.

Overall, the changes are really fun and I look forward to future sprite updates. (:

Thanks for the updates. Draggies will look different after seeing them look like the old version for so long biggrin.gif Just a quick question I know the Halloween draggies won't be released until Oct.31st but has anybody heard if we are also having the traditional trick or treat goodies in collecting them like we did in years past? When would it start? Then I can be ready to grab them smile.gif Thanks a lot. rolleyes.gif

If only I had a holly! Unfortunately being a relatively "new" user (mid-march this year) I still haven't gotten any holidays yet tongue.gif I must see the AP during Christmastime.

I want hollies now ;_;

Edited by Stellaluna22

...That horse makes me want to hoard them. Big time. ohmy.gif

Great updates! If this is what they'll be like, I'm now SUPER excited to see the Silver! <3

Kinda hope they don't change the hatchling sprites for the Red and Old Pink. I really liked how they're so identical.

Overall, I'm fine with the changes that have been made. Although, I'm a bit iffy about the female Nilia sprite. I just can't put my finger on why. Still, it could have been worse. (No offence to the spriter responsible, but I never warmed up to the Sunrise Male and the Sunset Female sprites)

I am really enjoying the updates. However, I have noticed my Hollies are missing part of their anatomy tweak .... the second neck and head. That aside they are fantastic! wink.gif

Edited by natayah

Great job on the Holly! The neck got much shorter without changing the pose. Male Horse also looks great.

I don't understand why the old Nilia sprite was completely removed. It was a relatively new sprite, and quite nice too. I like the new ones also, but... I don't understand the radical change, unless the spriter wasn't happy??

Edited by natli

The more I look at the Nilias, the more I like them. If you take a close look at the old Nilia sprite, you can see that the pygmy has always had that long neck, but you couldn't really tell before. And as for the female having longer legs, the female Nilia is supposed to be bigger than the male, so it would make sense for her to have slightly longer legs.

The female's neck is still throwing me off, but looking at the limited amount of pixels in the neck area, I can see why it was sprited that way.

Edited by Windnose

I def do like the new hollies. I only grabbed two for the heck of it at the end. Have a checker with white I will now put effort into finding a mate for, and I will watch for other lovely ones. And the babbus are so cute now with their stumpy horns! Crossing fingers that the silver will be the same - fundamentally the same sprite, but getting a makeover to make them as beautiful and glowy as they're described to be.

I had a dream about the new silvers a few night ago too. I recall I liked them, and it was a relief, but I can't remember clearly enough to describe to you guys.

Edited by Gryphonic

Woot! Got some of the new sprites on my scroll at last!<3 Now for the rest..... biggrin.gif

I like the new Horse and really like the new Holly, but I'm going to miss the Nilia sprites D: They're my favorite pygmy!

Hmm, I honestly don't like the new Holly sprite.

Nillia's look nice though. So does the new horse male.

The nilias are a bit BIG, but OK. Horse is awesome.

Hollies... well, OK, I guess, but.... I did LIKE the clunkiness, but it could have been a LOT worse.

Well, their eggs are heavy for a reason laugh.gif

* Snipped for emphasis*...unless the spriter wasn't happy??

This'd be my guess, to be honest. I would guess that IF the spriter wanted to redo them, TJ wouldn't disallow it.

Edited by Silverswift

I LOVE the new holly sprites. The adult looks way better than the old one, and the hatchlings are so cute I just want to grab one (or a lot) and cuddle it. I miss the darker green on the wings and tail but that's a minor complaint. I like this update best of the current round.

The new male horse is going to take some getting used to but I do like it. It matches its hellhorse descendants somewhat better now, though it looks kinda strange in lineage view--too many details in too small a space make it look really confusing. But it looks great on the scroll. And now I realize how unbalanced my horses are--I only have two females! I'll have to remedy that, and soon.

The nilias are probably going to take the most getting used to, but once again I do like them. The snakey look makes them look almost like easterns to me, and I've wanted an eastern pygmy for ages. I really like the way they look in lineages, too. Like a portrait of a dragon rather than a full-body sketch--very cool.

And perzephone is sooooo correct about the stallion: definitely not

liking this change at all. Just hoping you don't ruin the Silvers also!

Noooo, the mares are super-jealous. They enjoy bucking and rearing, and feel the male is being given unfair freedom while they've got to keep all four hooves in the kitchen. xd.png

When you look at this type of lineage, with a male Horse & female Hellfire, and a female Hellhorse offspring, it's amazing. I am completely wowed by it!

That male horse is NOICE. And the holly is perfect - just a few tweaks to update, the character of the original is still clearly visible. As for the Nilia...it's a bit odd. I guess it will take some getting used to.

The Holly update actually improved them to the point of me actually LIKING them. xd.png

Horse one is a more of a 'hmm', as I agree with some other's that the mare looks rather dull compared to the male now.

Nillia...unexpected. I was expecting just a different sprite to be used for one of the genders, not two new ones. Imo, there's inconsistencies between the two new sprites.

-Male's wings look too small compared to the female's

-Female's arms seem longer than the male's.

-Female's neck is visibly longer and a bit 'broken' compared to the male's.

I actually zoomed in on the female Nilia sprite with a browser plug-in I have to see if her neck was broken; it looks more pinched.