TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

Aww, I'm really sad about the Nilia update. I love the original, it was my favorite of the pygmies; they looked compact and small enough to cup in your hand or have one perched on your shoulder, and the pose was so carefree and relaxed. The new male looks okay and I wouldn't have minded it partnered with the original, but the new female is very ungainly looking. Her limbs look much longer and lanky, her pose isn't quite as majestic, and the hunched look just isn't doing it for me. She's a downgrade in quality and personality, in my opinion, and I'm sad to say it because I truly adored the Nilias.

The Holly was done with great care-- the shape, the colors, even the eye was kept the same. I like it.

I'm going to miss the cute little hick in the Holly's neck. But otherwise, a great job was done with the sprites and I can't deny the new Holly sprite is much cleaner and prettier, even if the old sprite is nostalgic smile.gif

user posted image

*screams like a fangirl*

Awww the horse!! LOVE IT!

The others are good too, I'm just oogling over the horse still lol.

The Holly is very well done. I hope the spriter is proud of their work. The new sprite is still very much like the old Holly, but it is now up-to-par with the newer dragon sprites, which is so fitting for one of the most coveted dragons on DC.

The male Horse is so fierce looking- it wasn't what I was expecting, but I love it even more than what I had thought it would look like.

The Nilia pygmies are so different from the original. It will take me a bit to get used to. I definitely like the new poses they have though.

Edited by Windnose

Oooh, pretty new sprites! The Hollies are going to take a bit of getting used to, though--I'm so used to seeing that derpy looking face every day. Now my boys actually look MAJESTIC! What am I going to do with that?? xd.png (love the hatchies 100%, though, so shiny and glossy <3)

New nilias and horses look great, although I'm sad to see the old nilia pose go and my heart goes out to anyone who feels their lineages were ruined by the changes. I don't work much with either breed, so it doesn't really hit close to home for me.... (although, like an above poster, I did snag a pumpkin x nilia checker last year that doesn't look half as great now. New sprites look awesome, but in lineage view they're awfully thin >___<)

Getting more and more nervous about the silvers... I actually had a nightmare a few days ago that the update drastically changed them and ruined the looks of my lineages, so I went straight to the forum to scream, of course. Hope that doesn't become a reality! Can't I have my pretty new silver cake and eat my lineages, too?? @_______@

Still holding my breath waiting for the silver updates, I wanna see themmm, > ^ <

The silver sprites now bug me so much ugh.

Love the male horses! My only problem is now the female horses look kinda

big compared to them, and the shading styles don't really match.

Meh i'll get used to it.

Edited by Creeq

I like the update for the most part.

But

The female Nillia now looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Very nice ! The Holly update is wonderful, excellent in keeping the overall spirit of our classic Hollies. wub.gif

The Nilia is certainly different, and will take a little getting used to. The Nilias, Pumpkins and Dark Mysts have been my favorites among the Pygmies, but the Nilias seem less substantial now. They seem to be longer but thinner with lighter wings. As a new dragon, they'd be fine, but I did like the old Nilias, so I guess it will take me a while to adjust to them. I'm not much of a Pygmy collector though, so they won't make a change in anything I'm doing.

The Horse? Wow! biggrin.gif I do love the sprite, and I love it that the mares have remained the same, but I would make two suggestions.

1. Enlarge the male slightly. When I see him next to the mare, his legs seem a little too short for our long-legged ladies.

2. Flip the sprite. I think having the male and female facing opposite directions is just more dynamic. There is more of an exchange between them.

Otherwise, they are incredible, and thank you to all who worked on these beautiful updates. <3

I love the more aggressive look of the Male Horse. It really suits the breed! I do think the Nilias look a tad skinny, though but more matching to their description of a 'hyperactive breed', especially the more 'speedy' (?) - maybe lightweight - pose the new sprites are in.

As for the hollies, though it looks a bit out of place to me as an image on the forums, I really do seeing it blending in (in a good way) on my scroll. The pose is less compact and the shadows/shading is much more glossy. It also looks less derpy with the change in the posing of the head and neck and the horns look much less pixelated that before!

So far, I really do like the improvements made and look forward to seeing anymore, if they come around! happy.gif

The new horse is absolutely cool, I love it! And the Holly looks much more noble and wise now.

But I was surprised to find out Nilias actually have very long necks. The old sprite looked more compact.

"Lightweight" doesn't go with the heavy eggs, though.

Oooh, that Horse male is gorgeous.

Loving the Hollies, too! Keep up the good work!

I love the newly smoothed out Holly, especially love how the integrity of the old sprite was kept.

I also like the new male Horse and SO thankful that the old sprite was kept on as the female because I love the old Horse sprite.

I wish I could say the same about the Nilia though...I liked the old sprite which looked, in my opinion, adorable. I liked their compact look. I wish the new ones didn't look so skinny and so much different from the old sprite.

I really rally hope the Silver update, when it's done, will go more the Holly route than the Nilia route as far as the changes! unsure.gif

But I was surprised to find out Nilias actually have very long necks. The old sprite looked more compact.

I like the way you're viewing the change! That type of thing is why Cort updated them how he did c:

The nilias are a bit BIG, but OK. Horse is awesome.

Hollies... well, OK, I guess, but.... I did LIKE the clunkiness, but it could have been a LOT worse.

The nilias are a bit BIG, but OK.

I agree. When I first saw them, I instantly thought they looked quite big compared to the other pygmies.

I'm glad that the old Nilia sprite is still in the encyclopedia.

I'm glad that the old Nilia sprite is still in the encyclopedia.

Ooh, I'm liking that as well. Idk if it's a mistake or not, but if intentional, I'd hope to see a few other previous drastic updates gain this as well.

Ooh, I'm liking that as well. Idk if it's a mistake or not, but if intentional, I'd hope to see a few other previous drastic updates gain this as well.

That is VERY nice! <3

Aww, I'm really sad about the Nilia update. I love the original, it was my favorite of the pygmies; they looked compact and small enough to cup in your hand or have one perched on your shoulder, and the pose was so carefree and relaxed. The new male looks okay and I wouldn't have minded it partnered with the original, but the new female is very ungainly looking. Her limbs look much longer and lanky, her pose isn't quite as majestic, and the hunched look just isn't doing it for me. She's a downgrade in quality and personality, in my opinion, and I'm sad to say it because I truly adored the Nilias.

Although I never really liked or disliked the Nilias, I agree with you about the new ones. They look odd, especially the female.

Now watch me whip...

Now watch me neigh neigh

I have one frozen horse hatchling, 1 male adult and 1 emale adult. Loving the new horse! Can't wait for silvers.

Edited by Stellaluna22