TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

At first glance I thought I liked the male Nilia better, but the longer I look at them, the more I like the female. I really can't see where people see a broken neck, she looks like a crane or other long-necked bird.

They go much better with the Magelights now! biggrin.gif

Huh, alright. Honesty I was hoping the hollies would change more, as their overall anatomy has always been super weird to me :S But this is a great compromise between that and those that didn't want it to change! And it definitely is an improvement.

I like our old hollies... I wish the ones already there on our scroll woulda stayed 'imperfect' and the newer versions after breeding a holly and getting on would become the new updated one in a way. They had goofy appeal.

While I like the Nilia's... they are really snake like and their necks are kinda... I dunno. I personally think that the Female's neck is a bit odd looking, but I love the Male (especially in lineage view)

BUT OH MY THE MALE HORSE!

I am in love! *can't stop staring at it in lineages*

Edited by Clya

At first glance I thought I liked the male Nilia better, but the longer I look at them, the more I like the female. I really can't see where people see a broken neck, she looks like a crane or other long-necked bird.

They go much better with the Magelights now! biggrin.gif

This is definitely what I see too, not a broken neck. It will take some getting used to still, but I think I do like it.

I like that the male Horse got his extra feathers the encyclopedia mentioned biggrin.gif

Big fan of the holly change. My girls looks so pretty now~

Oooh, those sprites look so cool! :3 Loving the new Holly sprite wub.gif Can't wait to see what the others will look like! happy.gif Thank you TJ and spriter(s)! biggrin.gif

Really liking the new Horses, and the Hollies are nice while still keeping the spirit of the original art, but... the new Nilias look malnourished and sickly to me. *sigh* :/ The male looks fine, I suppose, but the female feels like an entirely different species. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to them. :)

OMGOODNESS THOSE MALE HORSE DRAGON SPRITES

Ok, sorry, had to get that out. Loving how the new sprites look!

As mentioned the Pygmies do look a little odd, but it's probably just the change, we'll grow accustomed to them in time. I still like them smile.gif

Can't wait to see what's next!

...I think I'm one of the few who absolutely loves the new Nilia sprites ._. They have the somewhat larger size of the Magelights which I love, and I absolutely love that the pose is more dynamic instead of the somewhat standard sideview. The neck doesn't seem broken either to me. The only crit I can possibly think of, is the female's tale being rather long if you take into account what's hidden behind the wing.

Really like the new Holly as well; it's a great compromise between the old and the new. The less noodly neck is great happy.gif The head's still somewhat large, but that's all part of their charm biggrin.gif

The horse is great as well smile.gif I have to say it's my least favourite of the bunch because some things just don't look right to me, but overall I absolutely love the pose and the male's concept.

So... great job spriters, I can't wait to see the other updates!

I love the new nilias, but the female does look a bit strange. I think all the sprites would benefit from propatagium, but I suppose the artists just have to take into account what adds to the sprite and what doesn't.

Edited by Niyaka

I consulted heavily with Silvanon before making the male Horse. We both thought a big drafty stallion would be an awesome fit for the breed.

(Also, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the big drafts.)

Glad you all like him!

I love all updates.

Holly: The new one is very close to the original, thereby not spoiling any lineages, while still addressing the issue of the neck. I also love that the belly now looks more golden than yellow, that the body shading got smoothed and that the wings got so much more detail added to their membrane. It's perfect, really. wub.gif

Nilia: I didn't really like the old sprite, it looked bland. But now... they're suddenly cool. I just might get some more now.

Horse: The new male is simply amazing. Definitely inspired by some hellhorse sprite or other, but still amazing. Wow. And yet, at the same time, the color scheme and general orientation of the dragon (and all its limbs!) remain very close to the original, so once again, lineages don't suffer.

Congratulations, you pulled off some amazing updates!

I consulted heavily with Silvanon before making the male Horse. We both thought a big drafty stallion would be an awesome fit for the breed.

(Also, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the big drafts.)

Glad you all like him!

He's awesome smile.gif

The female Nilia looks like her neck is twice the length of the male Nilia's neck... blink.gif

Really like the changes to the Holly and the new male horse sprite. biggrin.gif

Thank you, spriters smile.gif

Edited by Kigyptnee