TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

The Holly update actually improved them to the point of me actually LIKING them. xd.png

Horse one is a more of a 'hmm', as I agree with some other's that the mare looks rather dull compared to the male now.

Nillia...unexpected. I was expecting just a different sprite to be used for one of the genders, not two new ones. Imo, there's inconsistencies between the two new sprites.

-Male's wings look too small compared to the female's

-Female's arms seem longer than the male's.

-Female's neck is visibly longer and a bit 'broken' compared to the male's.

I agree with most of what you pointed out, especially in regards to the Nilias...

However, I actually find it kind of accurate for the male of a breed to be more decorated than the female as that is often how it is in the animal kingdom. Just another way to look at it. smile.gif

Whoa, the new male sprite of the Horse actually makes me want to get Horses now.

user posted image - YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES TO TRAIN ME

Noooo, the mares are super-jealous. They enjoy bucking and rearing, and feel the male is being given unfair freedom while they've got to keep all four hooves in the kitchen. xd.png

When you look at this type of lineage, with a male Horse & female Hellfire, and a female Hellhorse offspring, it's amazing. I am completely wowed by it!

It runs into issues when the lineage gets larger though. You can't make the horse out in the small box. It gets jumbled.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cM2uX

Wow, these guys look amazing. biggrin.gif The male horse is my favorite. ^o^ Great job to the artists/spriters! ♥

The Holly and Nilia are great! biggrin.gif I don't have any problems with the Horse dimorphism, it's just that the male and female look too much alike, as if the male was just an updated/slightly angrier version of the female.

To be fair, equids are not exactly touted as fantastic examples of extreme sexual dimorphism in the animal kingdom.

Hmm. Don't like the new pygmy sprites at all. The female looks lank and scrawny, with overly long limbs - not how I imagine my cute Jennaheim at all! The old Nilia sprite looked rather plump and cute!

The new Holly sprite looks a bit like a Dobermann with overly cropped ears perking its head up, what with the tall horns. I suppose the old one looked rather like that too, just not as much, since it held its head lower. The wings on the new sprite definitely look better.

Not sure about the new Horse sprite, though I can't think of anything outright bad about it. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Holly is nice.

I don't like the female Nilia at all. Shame the old sprite got tossed.

Horse is okay.

The changes to the Horse and Nilia remind me of how people went from doing photos of horses to posters of superstylized, kinda idealized horses with hair flowing everywhere. Not so much an improvement but a new fad. (yes I drew my fair share of those)

I'm one of the ones who was freaking about the sprite updates. I'm still very very worried about the silvers, but I must say I'm LOVING the new male Horse!! .... That actually might make me start collecting those. Possibly.

I am sooooo thankful the changes on the Holly are small. I like that it's kept the overall feel of a Holly, just tweaked a few things.

Edited by Marie19R

Hmm, I honestly don't like the new Holly sprite.

Nillia's look nice though. So does the new horse male.

Same for me.. Hopefully I just have to get used to it :/

Holly's ok. I really like the new Nilias - I thought they were hopelessly homely and dinky before and didn't collect them. Now they look like they look, I WILL be. I like the Horse too, and always prefer dimorphism.

Nicely done. Thank you.

Wow, I actually really like the new Hollies. Even the hatchies were updated, they're cute!

I also like the male Horses. They look fierce and very, uh, stallion-y, I suppose. Also, my Horse X Undine lineage looks good, so I'm happy. happy.gif

The Nilia pygmies look really... different. I'll miss the previous sprites, although I do like this pairing even more than before.

Thanks for this nice site update, TJ and spriters!

I just noticed the Holly hatchling was changed too. LOVE that they kept the overall pose and just fixed shading and such. I love that pose so much.

I like all the sprite updates so far. Thanks to TJ and others involved.

Looking forward to seeing the Silver Dragon update in particular smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing the Silver Dragon update in particular smile.gif

Me too! I hope the Silvers' sprites also keep their overall look and get edited just a little, pretty much like the Hollies did.

To be honest, I was quite sure I won't be liking the updates, but I was so wrong about these. While I already liked Hollies, their updated sprites made me like them even more. ~

I've always thought the Holly's neck looked overly stretched. Rest in peace the Holly's weird neck.

The horse male is so epic looking tho. Very good change.

I'm not entirely certain about the change re: the Nilias as I especially liked the old pose, but maybe I'm just too used to the old Nilias to the point where it's just "no, I don't like change :|"

Worried about the silvers though...

The new Holly is incredibly gorgeous. Love it to pieces.

The new Nillias are very different from the old, but very nice. It looks like the original spriter for the Nillias did those?

The new horses are interesting. The new one replacing the old one is fine, very lovely, but not sure how I feel about the totally new horse. It's a cool sprite by itself but it looks so wild compared to the other one that it doesn't feel as matchy as it could. But then again that's not necessarily bad either?? Not sure. It'll prolly grow on me with time.

Great work all around by the spriters!

*holds my silvers close because they're my fave breed and I fear for them* Shhh, it's okay my bbys. unsure.gif

Also horse dragon lools cool.

These are fantastic! I love what birdz did to the Holly, it's got that shiny new appearance but keeps many similarities to the old one. Very regal looking too! Great mix of old and new.

The new male horse reminds me of a wild stallion! biggrin.gif I like his pose and the extra tuffs of fur on his hooves.

Nilias look like new dragons! The old sprites head looked a bit cramped against the body so I like how the new ones are more spread out. I always thought Nilias were bald/crestless but now I can see otherwise. xd.png Really like the new little details in the wings and they have leetle toes too.

Aaa I can't wait for the next batch of sprite updates!

Wow, that new Horse sprite. Gorgeous.

The tweaks to the Holly are nice, not too drastic.

The Nilias might take a little getting used to, but they're pretty too.

Hopefully the other sprite updates will be good as well, I'm sure everyone is quietly eyeing the Silvers.

Very nice ! The Holly update is wonderful, excellent in keeping the overall spirit of our classic Hollies. wub.gif

The Nilia is certainly different, and will take a little getting used to. The Nilias, Pumpkins and Dark Mysts have been my favorites among the Pygmies, but the Nilias seem less substantial now. They seem to be longer but thinner with lighter wings. As a new dragon, they'd be fine, but I did like the old Nilias, so I guess it will take me a while to adjust to them. I'm not much of a Pygmy collector though, so they won't make a change in anything I'm doing.

The Horse? Wow! biggrin.gif I do love the sprite, and I love it that the mares have remained the same, but I would make two suggestions.

1. Enlarge the male slightly. When I see him next to the mare, his legs seem a little too short for our long-legged ladies.

2. Flip the sprite. I think having the male and female facing opposite directions is just more dynamic. There is more of an exchange between them.

Otherwise, they are incredible, and thank you to all who worked on these beautiful updates. <3

^^ This all over.

I absolutely still love the Horse sprite (as evidence by my earlier fangirl-type-excited-post lol). Now that I've calmed down, yeah, I do see a difference in shading and a slight size difference I didn't notice before. Not terrible, but just noticeable enough. I'd be interested to see the sprite flipped next to the female Horse. In my mind, its definitely more dynamic, but even as is it's still pretty sweet.

The Nilia's... yeah... I really didn't do much with mine to begin with, but I do miss the old sprite now. Maybe if the new male sprite was used and the female kept the old one? I didn't have a gauge on an expectation for these guys, but I'm not really feeling the new sprites, the pose of the female mostly. I'll just have to get used to them I guess.

Now bring out the rest *cough* silvers *cough*...

Huh, now that the male Horse sprites are changed, I'm finally noticing how many more female Horses I have. .___. (ALSO! Very glad they female Horse wasn't changed.)

And with everyone else, waiting a little anxiously for the Silvers. X_X