TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

Hatchling hollies were updated too??? They're gorgeous!

user posted image -> user posted image

Edited by Niyaka

THE HORSE MALE IS AMAZING HOLY THOR FSHWDKJFHSKDJ

all of my hellhorse lineages are male horse x female hellfire, and i'm happier than ever with that choice now! biggrin.gif

i really liked the original nillas -- there was something so cute and proud about their pose (like a little dog who thinks he or she is a big dog). i can still see some of that in the male, and i guess i just need some time to get used to the female.

Look, the Nilias are fine, but this is what I meant when I said it messes with lineages when the shape changes drastically.

If I wasn't done with Pumpkin/Nilia, I wouldn't pursue it any further this year. The old Nilia filled the frame better and looked rounder to match the pumpkin.

I'm not sure what I'll do about the Horse/Ribbondancer. Again, there's the frame-filling issue, but also the simpler old male Horse sprite made all the bells and whistles on the Ribbondancer stand out more. Now they're both very "busy" sprites and it just don't look good to me.

I honestly do like all 3 new sprites, but I wouldn't have chosen them as lines to work on with the mates I put them with if I'd known they were going to be so drastically changed later. I'm not crying over it, but I am pointing out that this is why people who like to breed lineages get tense over sprite updates.

It honestly didn't occur to me that the Nilias were going to be essentially brand new. They're certainly different enough from the old Nilias to have become their own breed instead of an update. And, one more time, I like the updates. I just don't like them in some of my lines! tongue.gif

I figured the nilias would be two brand new adult sprites since TJ didn't say whether males or females were getting an update like he did with the horses. It's an easy detail to overlook, though.

I now regret that I threw away my Horse Dragon egg.

...On second thought, the other reason is that I didn't really like it that much in the first place (no offense to those that do.) So...no I'm not. I like the new sprites though! biggrin.gif

I really love the changes to the Holly and the male Horse - and the male Nilia - but I kind of prefer the original sprite to the new female. I loved the old sprite and I kind of wish they'd just flipped it around and kept it for the female.

The both the curve of the neck and the back on the new female sprite aren't sitting so well with me. Although - I am not a spriter and it really could be an anatomically correct pose - I think it is just that she seems hunched together. Maybe she's getting ready to put on a burst of speed or pounce though.

Love the updates over all though!

i like the updates. spec to have f and m version. and also cleaner neater looks.

thanks a lot smile.gif

My goodness, those hatchie updates look so adorable! wub.gif

They're ridiculously cute. xd.png I can't wait for Christmas~

I wish you good luck. They can be quite difficult to catch at times.

The Holly is just like it should be, at least not that many people dislike the update, compared to the outrage we had before the update was introduced xd.png And it looks mich better than before.

And that male horse!

I have mixed feelings for the pygmies though, they're quite different and large now, I also liked the pose for the older one, just the head felt too close to the wings and blending in.

I hope that the surprise updates will include nebulas: their bodies look quite poor now(while wings are fine for me)tongue.gif

And perhaps some tweaks for dorsals, seasonals(anatomy/proportions) and vine hatchies.

I can't think much of any other dragons to need some polishing more than those:P But that's me.

But I guess it's not about the sprites this time? Perhaps a higher limit to GoNs at last, of 5 or 6(I'd love if it was also them breeding true but a woman can dream I'm afraid...)? Or some way to hoard egg sprites? Or re-release of older CB Holidays? Or of de-disconinuation of Frills? Or introduction of one of some useful scroll suggestions floating around the forum? ok. my speculations went wild... But as Haloween is about to come, it would be great to see older holiday breeds CB re-release^^

So LadyLyzar did the new Horse sprite? I think it's official, I absolutely love every single thing LadyLyzar has done in-cave.

The Nilias are going to take some getting used to, definitely. They.... The poses seem awkward. And they are very, very different then the original. I don't really collect pygmies in the first place, just a couple of each kind, and I must say these updates have not changed that.

Love the new Horse, now it really looks like a stallion! Wish there were more colours. Love the new Holly, will miss a tiny bit the flirty/slightly silly expression but all things considered this is so much more what a flagship would look like.

No opinion about the Nilias, do not collect them.

Thank you so much TJ and spriters. Can't wait for the new Silvers.

There are some things I love about this update and there are things that will take a bit getting used to...

First, I love the new Horse dragon male sprite, it looks really neat.

Holly's ok, although I think I preferred it's old face - the neck is better though. :3

As for the Nillia's, I wish they left the original sprite for one of the genders (female maybe tongue.gif), like they did with the Horses, because I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and will miss having it on my scroll. This lineage simply isn't as pretty as it was... I hope I haven't come out as too harsh, I don't hate the new sprites, it's just like I said, they will take some time for me to get used to.

Looking forward to the Silver update! smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

So pretty! Wish I could get my first few Hollies this year just to see them new sprites! ^.^

Oh I hope the female silvers don't change much X.X been my favorite sprite forever

when are the new updates coming? anybody have any idea?

Oh I hope the female silvers don't change much X.X been my favorite sprite forever

when are the new updates coming? anybody have any idea?

I would probably expect in a week or so? I'm not sure, but I do hope it's soon!

The Hollies are beautiful, really happy with how they're just slightly touched up. Not that I have any decent hollies but maybe I can rectify that tihs year!

The horse is also great, though now the female looks bigger, and tbh I liked the relatively simple pose and would have preferred something less cliche for the new sprite but it is gorgeous and well done.

Nilias however feel like a completely different dragon, more like the Nazgul from Lord of the Rings than the chubby cute things they were before. And the females neck is just odd. But I don't do much with pygmies so I guess it doesn't affect me. My brother (who only really does pygmies and holidays) says he would have liked to have these ones AND the old nilia cos he likes both but also thinks they are too different to really be the same dragon