Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 hours ago, missy_ said:

When sorting by breed, I have a new Nocturne egg that sorts in the middle (third from the top) in my Nocturnes.

Why isn't the egg sorting at the bottom?  Is there a glitch with Nocturne sorting?

Screenshot under spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

312A3316-472E-4E4C-884E-B0F2F6DC39C1.thumb.jpeg.2d09e9ea60351be1b533046251b96249.jpeg

Yeah the nocturnes have lost it.  I made a thread last month about it.

9 hours ago, Diame said:

Hi, I'm trying to find something that shows my scroll statistics at the bottom in my signature. The one at Egg Drop Soup doesn't seem to be working. Are there any others I can use?

Weird, mine is working. I wonder what happened.

EDS goes up and down like a yoyo is what happened !

flurp.png

OK - compare that with TJ's and they aren't the same - AND it says I'm locked, which I'm not.

32 minutes ago, Asketil said:

Does the leetle tree change for earth day? I just noticed my little tree changed from pink flowers to green

Yep!  IIRC, aside from the seasonal changes, it has special sprites just for Valentine’s, April Fools, Eath Day, Halloween, and Christmas.

19 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Yep!  IIRC, aside from the seasonal changes, it has special sprites just for Valentine’s, April Fools, Eath Day, Halloween, and Christmas.

I somehow did not know about the Earth Day one despite having my tree since 2016 lol knew about all the others, thanks!

On 4/21/2022 at 7:11 AM, Dracaena said:

Yeah the nocturnes have lost it.  I made a thread last month about it.

Thank you! I would not have noticed the issue if I wasn't sorting my Nocturnes.

~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: Never mind the following question; I did finally see another egg. They must have just not dropped for a few minutes.   Another question. I have been collecting festival of eggs but I only have 35 eggs from 2010.  The wiki says there is 38 eggs to collect from 2010.  No eggs have dropped for awhile. I am wondering if something is wrong.

Edited by missy_

Very random question, but I just noticed something today while hunting for NRs at a top-of-the-hour drop. The codes that the site generates for fresh eggs seem to follow some logical order? At least the first characters went first through numbers (1, 2, 3...9), then letters (a, b, c, d etc.). I guess this is something that everyone but I always knew... 😹

Since when did teleporting remove influence on eggs? I remember way back there was a thread specifically for people to influence eggs properly for those without pinks. 

64FB229D-2995-49DC-9484-29790D41AE85.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Asketil said:

Since when did teleporting remove influence on eggs? I remember way back there was a thread specifically for people to influence eggs properly for those without pinks.

To my knowledge teleporting has always removed influence from eggs. If you want someone to influence it for you they'd have to hatch it first before sending it back. A lot of people specifically use teleport to *erase* an influence when they've accidentally influence incorrectly (like in the random scroll help thread).

1 hour ago, Asketil said:

Since when did teleporting remove influence on eggs?

Since the beginning. The only way that people are able to influence for others is to hatch it on the influencer's scroll. I have often done it for people. I have them wait until the egg is almost hatchable, pass it to me, then I influence, hatch and send back. It has always been so.

What has changed is that it now says so on the page, so that you are warned.

Does using Influence on a Cantomaris erase the last BSA used? I know Influence doesn't produce a colour, but then it technically would be the last BSA used. I have some Itus I want to gender correctly if possible.

15 minutes ago, Starbit said:

Does using Influence on a Cantomaris erase the last BSA used? I know Influence doesn't produce a colour, but then it technically would be the last BSA used. I have some Itus I want to gender correctly if possible.

Influence has zero effect on color.

Could be because they are T.j's maybe? Unsure, but also: 

Thuweds

“Thuweds” are a special lineage of dragons. The Thuweds listed here are the originals—many of them are the first dragon ever created of their breed.

if you click one of the gen 0 dragons you'll see it's "verified". Click the verified link and it shows a whole page of Thuweds and the above is written on said page.

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Could be because they are T.j's maybe? Unsure, but also: 

Thuweds

“Thuweds” are a special lineage of dragons. The Thuweds listed here are the originals—many of them are the first dragon ever created of their breed.

if you click one of the gen 0 dragons you'll see it's "verified". Click the verified link and it shows a whole page of Thuweds and the above is written on said page.

But all my other Thuwedkin lineages start with the first generation

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ds9VV

Hmm, Idk then. Maybe the gen 0's are the first of their breed like the snippet from the verified page said some of them are? I don't know for sure, I am just speculating.

31 minutes ago, Lovaas said:

Why does this lineage start with generation 0?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/2qOXy

The generation counter is sometimes wrong (I even have some with negative numbers!). Sometimes it's due to things like Alts that are supposed to be breed-only but there are a handful of CBs out there (I believe TJ's alt-Black can cause weird generation counters). Sometimes it's because a dragon in the lineage died and the code was re-used (that used to happen a long time ago, don't think it does anymore).... In your specific lineage I'm not sure what would be causing it, just know it's not all that uncommon.

edit: There is a black Stripe in the 0 spot in your lineage, colored Stripes are breed-only so that might explain it... Don't know for sure though.

Edited by HeatherMarie

27 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The generation counter is sometimes wrong (I even have some with negative numbers!). Sometimes it's due to things like Alts that are supposed to be breed-only but there are a handful of CBs out there (I believe TJ's alt-Black can cause weird generation counters). Sometimes it's because a dragon in the lineage died and the code was re-used (that used to happen a long time ago, don't think it does anymore).... In your specific lineage I'm not sure what would be causing it, just know it's not all that uncommon.

edit: There is a black Stripe in the 0 spot in your lineage, colored Stripes are breed-only so that might explain it... Don't know for sure though.

Thank you for your answer. :)

Somehow, I got disconnected from the Discord channel for abandoning and catching pink Sapphires. Can someone please point me in the right direction?  I tried searching the forums, but didn't find it.  Thanks!

Em

2 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

Somehow, I got disconnected from the Discord channel for abandoning and catching pink Sapphires. Can someone please point me in the right direction?  I tried searching the forums, but didn't find it.  Thanks!

Em

Maybe someone from this thread could direct you? - 

Question,

If you breed a orange flamed Pyropellis with another with a different flame, do they both turn/stay orange? Or do they swap colors? Or do they both turn/stay the different flame color?

I was looking on the Wiki, but it doesn't say. 

9 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

If you breed a orange flamed Pyropellis with another with a different flame, do they both turn/stay orange? Or do they swap colors? Or do they both turn/stay the different flame color?

Do they have to produce an egg to change? I just bred an orange with a lilac and they both stayed the same color. But they didn't produce an egg -- no interest.

25 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Question,

I was looking on the Wiki, but it doesn't say. 

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Do they have to produce an egg to change? I just bred an orange with a lilac and they both stayed the same color. But they didn't produce an egg -- no interest.

They stay the same color, regardless of if they produce an egg.  I just bred an Orange and a Green and got an egg, they stayed the same color.