Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Anyone else having Cave Lag, or is it just me? (none of my other sites are lagging is the only reason I asked)

Not me, other than the usual lag on the hour/5 min mark.

Siyat question: if I want a purple hatchie, do I incubate an egg at 5 days or do I not incubate and wait until it hatches on its own?

5 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Siyat question: if I want a purple hatchie, do I incubate an egg at 5 days or do I not incubate and wait until it hatches on its own?

no and no.

Purple Siyats are an exercise in Patience. 

do not incubate for Purple, AND you have to wait until the timer is down to 2d 0h (or less, like 1d 23h) left.

good luck!

Edited by trystan

48 minutes ago, trystan said:

no and no.

Purple Siyats are an exercise in Patience. 

do not incubate for Purple, AND you have to wait until the timer is down to 2d 0h (or less, like 1d 23h) left.

good luck!

wait for what? (legit has no idea how Siyat alts work)

14 minutes ago, Solaries said:

@trystan - oh wow… that’s dedication, lol. Okay, thank you~ ! 😅

yep!  you're welcome!

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

wait for what? (legit has no idea how Siyat alts work)

so some time ago, Tini told me this:

A Siyat's color depends on their natural time left when hatched. (If you incubated, add a day to the egg's timer to find the window they are in.)

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

which is why i say "a Purple Siyat is an exercise in Patience."  it's also why if i want a purple Siyat, i'll wait until i find a low-time one on the AP.  my Patience, uh.... needs work.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep!  you're welcome!

so some time ago, Tini told me this:

which is why i say "a Purple Siyat is an exercise in Patience."  it's also why if i want a purple Siyat, i'll wait until i find a low-time one on the AP.  my Patience, uh.... needs work.

ooooh yeah that seem rough lol thank you for explaining

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

ooooh yeah that seem rough lol thank you for explaining

yep, it is rough. XD 

you're welcome. :D 

Two questions:

1. This one is driving me crazy. For some reason, my dragons have started sorting 500 to a page. I really dislike this sort. I want them to be 50 to a page. Even though I go in and change the settings -- which I have never had to do previously, I might add -- it doesn't help. The changes do not stick.   Is anyone else having this problem?! :wacko:

2. I was looking at the previous Thuwed generation question and noticed I have just acquired one that, interestingly enough, begins on generation two! Does anyone else have a similar one? https://dragcave.net/lineage/hzNxM

~~~

ETA:  To clarify the first problem, I can go into my settings and change it from 500 to 50 dragons per page, and when I save it and go to my scroll, it generally will display correctly for that one time. But when I go back later, the problem is back again and the dragons are sorting at 500 dragons per page.

Edited by missy_

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

was looking at the previous Thuwed generation question and noticed I have just acquired one that, interestingly enough, begins on generation two! Does anyone else have a similar one? https://dragcave.net/lineage/hzNxM

Alt blacks and red stripes are usually second gen dragons so perhaps TJ has some hidden first gens that created them.

On 7/27/2015 at 2:40 PM, olympe said:

No idea. But there is a thread in SD like "How many oldies are here", referring to players who've been here for over 5 years. True, vampires were before that - but chances are that you'll find the occasional CB vamp owner there.

That makes me feel old that does, my first ever DC Dragon is 14 this summer!!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Alt blacks and red stripes are usually second gen dragons so perhaps TJ has some hidden first gens that created them.

That could be! The alt Black I believe is also listed as gen 0 and gen 1; seems to vary among the lineages I have seen, so maybe it depends on its mate?

Although ... Lovaas posted one a page or two ago that has an alt stripe in it that is gen 0, although it's an alt black stripe. It wasn't paired with an alt, though.

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

Two questions:

1. This one is driving me crazy. For some reason, my dragons have started sorting 500 to a page. I really dislike this sort. I want them to be 50 to a page. Even though I go in and change the settings -- which I have never had to do previously, I might add -- it doesn't help. The changes do not stick.   Is anyone else having this problem?! :wacko:

~~~

ETA:  To clarify the first problem, I can go into my settings and change it from 500 to 50 dragons per page, and when I save it and go to my scroll, it generally will display correctly for that one time. But when I go back later, the problem is back again and the dragons are sorting at 500 dragons per page.

I just realized that I noticed this problem after I switch my scroll from hidden to unhidden. If I hide and unhide my scroll, it "resets" my dragons to 500 per page.

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I just realized that I noticed this problem after I switch my scroll from hidden to unhidden. If I hide and unhide my scroll, it "resets" my dragons to 500 per page.

Well that's interesting. Might want to make a separate thread to report it, at least see if it's a bug or intended. 

45 minutes ago, MeHasToe said:

How long does a dead dragon stay on my scroll?

The broken eggshell or tombstone will stay for 2 weeks.  Additionally, eggs and non-frozen hatchlings manually killed (vs death via sickness or running out of time) take up a slot for 24 hours from time of death.

6 hours ago, missy_ said:

That could be! The alt Black I believe is also listed as gen 0 and gen 1; seems to vary among the lineages I have seen, so maybe it depends on its mate?

Although ... Lovaas posted one a page or two ago that has an alt stripe in it that is gen 0, although it's an alt black stripe. It wasn't paired with an alt, though.

I think you'll find it's the same thing as the annoying one that you always have to go back after changing the sort order and reset the "all eggs and hatchies on top" box. Same thing with scroll settings - you need to check them all. Especially if (not like me, but I have friends - yes really :D  ) you have your browser set to delete cookies when you close it....

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think you'll find it's the same thing as the annoying one that you always have to go back after changing the sort order and reset the "all eggs and hatchies on top" box. Same thing with scroll settings - you need to check them all. Especially if (not like me, but I have friends - yes really :D  ) you have your browser set to delete cookies when you close it....

It's the oddest thing really, because it just started this. I don't have my browser set to delete cookies, so I'm puzzled by the scroll behavior. (I don't have content blockers on, either.)

Also, I figured out that it is not just hiding and unhiding the scroll that does it, but any behavior that involves going into the Account settings.  

Anytime I go into the account settings, the mouse cursor, or cursor, immediately drops to the ("selects") "Number of Dragons Per Page" field.  Note: it does NOT stay in the password field.  It immediately overwrites the "Number of Dragons Per Page" field with my password. username.  I have to manually remove the cursor every single time from the "Number of Dragons Per Page" field, delete my password username from the "Number of Dragons Per Page" field. and instead rewrite "50" in the "Number of Dragons Per Page" field.  Then I have to go up to the password field and make sure my password is properly filled in.

There  seems to be something amiss with the field and with the way the "Number of Dragons Per Page" field is overwritten automatically.  It is very odd that the cursor does not stay in the password field by default.

Edited by missy_

I suspect the autofill problem is due to it being the only text field in a page that also has a password field so your browser makes assumptions. There's been similar problems with pages like teleport and fertility.

I recently got a cb sapphire egg to turn yellow and unlock my encyclopedia entry, but it didn't really work out.

Did i do it wrong? Is there another way, except to wait until some show up in a hatchery?

(images added for reference)

6 minutes ago, milkbun said:

I recently got a cb sapphire egg to turn yellow and unlock my encyclopedia entry, but it didn't really work out.

Did i do it wrong? Is there another way, except to wait until some show up in a hatchery?

(images added for reference)

It already counted as blue on your scroll. You will have to find and click on other people's yellow eggs. Or trade for one that is already yellow. 

Edited by DragonLady86

@milkbun

You can also keep an eye on this thread, people sometimes will post their yellow sapphire eggs to help unlock encyclopedia entries.

A question about breeds that have colour variants. Do we have any thread/fansite with sorting information about all of them? I'm thinking growing things, of course - like, for which breeds the breed sort will reveal the variant, and at which stage. I guess it depends on when the variant is determined but it is the practical side that interests me... 😸

(And no, I don't have any specific breed in my mind right now, I just started to think how nice and easy it would be to have somewhere to check when you need the information.)

@Dracaena thank you for the thread, followed it for updates! :)

Edited by milkbun
nvm, i think i misunderstood the question completely so i removed the mention

23 hours ago, milkbun said:

Did i do it wrong? 

I don't think so. Lot of older breeds don't have Observations. The blue sapphire is an older breed. My encyclopedia entry looks exactly like that with the yellow Sapphire egg still locked.