Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I don't think so. Lot of older breeds don't have Observations. The blue sapphire is an older breed. My encyclopedia entry looks exactly like that with the yellow Sapphire egg still locked.

They were trying to unlock the yellow egg sprite. Which requires owning a yellow that didn't turn on your scroll or clicking 5 of someone else's.

OK - I just bred four sapphires; I will try and turn them as eggs.....

Don't hold your breath - it will be a good few days before they could hope to turn ! 4000 views is a LOT for an egg !

I custom sort my scroll. Is there any way to temporarily sort by rainbow sort? I don't want to lose my custom sort as it would take me forever to get it back, if I even could!

If that isn't possible, is there anyone who has a scroll that is sorted by rainbow sort that I can look at?

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

I just keep a group set to rainbow sort.

Oh, that should work for what I need. Thanks!

Is there a quick way to add ALL dragons to a group ?

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Isn't that called your scroll? XD

But if you mean a group like this with all the breeds in it, they had to be added individually.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Isn't that called your scroll? XD

But if you mean a group like this with all the breeds in it, they had to be added individually.

Yes but I was looking to the rainbow sort idea !

@milkbun I'm not sure I will manage to hit the 4000 before the eggs hatch, but I'm working hard on it.... They have only 23 hours to go and haven't quite hit 2000 yet ! :(

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes but I was looking to the rainbow sort idea !

I'm just putting in one dragon of each breed/variant and male and female if dimorphic. That will give me what I need. Maybe your needs are different.

Side note -- some of the placement in rainbow sort makes no sense!

@Fuzzbucket oh, no worries! i'm sure someone will post some in the encyclopedia thread at some point, i'm not in a hurry, don't sweat it 😄

since i've already turned 2 eggs, i'm well aware its pretty tricky, took me a lot of coaxing from the autorefresher/ hitting the sickness limit a bit and all, its quite bothersome imo

another small question: i'd like to give away a fun code egg, but my only adult magi dragon needs 2 days of recharging.

is it possible to request another person who wants it to just put up a trade with a dummy egg, and if yes, which thread does that go in? (if not i'll just try again in 2 days)

If it's a codey egg: 

And as YOUR yellows won't count, I shall keep at it. When they hit 6 hours to go I'll ward them and REALLY blitz them.... Keep an eye - here they are !

@purplehaze - I have achieved it with my CB group - that'll do it. I don't have all the CB prizes, but other than that.... !

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

On desktop you can use shift + click to select multiple dragons at once.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And as YOUR yellows won't count, I shall keep at it.

oh yeah, i'm aware, i just meant that i get what kinda trouble it is to actually get the eggs to 4000. thanks for persevering!

i also have 2 more sapphires i can work on turning rn and hopefully help expand someone elses encyclopedia 😅

Tombstones everywhere... but is it just my internet connection performing even worse than usual?

Edit, okay, apparently I can't blame my connection this time!

Edited by Varislapsi

Just a reminder to @milkbun: don't click on any of Fuzz's eggs to give them views until they are yellow! If you click on either the egg or a hatchling while it is blue, it will count as a blue view for you.

9 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Tombstones everywhere... but is it just my internet connection performing even worse than usual?

Edit, okay, apparently I can't blame my connection this time!

3 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Tombstone errors here too. 😟

Same here! Lots of tombstone errors.

1- How do I remove the "tutorial" banner from my scroll? Does it go away when I complete the "checklist" or does it stay there forever?

2- I can't seem to add my scroll to "The Allure of Neglected Dragons" Hatchery, everytime I put my scrollname it gives me the same error: "There was problem communicating with the database. Please try again later." It's only this hatchery.  All the other ones seem to work fine for me. Does anyone know why this is?

3- Do views and clicks stop counting when the dragon grows up?

4- When breeding dragons, can a pair ever refuse that has previously bred and produced eggs, or is refusal a thing that can only happen the first time you try to breed them, making that pair unable to breed?

5- I read that multiclutches were disabled for all but limited breeds and Celestial dragons. Does the game still make you choose 1 egg to keep and auto abandon the rest, or do you now get to keep all of them, as long as you have open spots to hold those eggs? 

36 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Just a reminder to @milkbun: don't click on any of Fuzz's eggs to give them views until they are yellow! If you click on either the egg or a hatchling while it is blue, it will count as a blue view for you.

Good point - and I do believe they are going to make it.

3 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

1- How do I remove the "tutorial" banner from my scroll? Does it go away when I complete the "checklist" or does it stay there forever?

There's a button at the top - "dismiss".

2- I can't seem to add my scroll to "The Allure of Neglected Dragons" Hatchery, everytime I put my scrollname it gives me the same error: "There was problem communicating with the database. Please try again later." It's only this hatchery.  All the other ones seem to work fine for me. Does anyone know why this is?

It's probably a glitch there. The cave has been a but shaky today.

Yes, they do,

4- When breeding dragons, can a pair ever refuse that has previously bred and produced eggs, or is refusal a thing that can only happen the first time you try to breed them, making that pair unable to breed?

EXCEPT in the case of breeding in holiday seasons, if they don't refuse the first time you try them, they will never refuse. Likewise - unless their only breeding was in holiday season, a pair that has once bred will never refuse.

5- I read that multiclutches were disabled for all but limited breeds and Celestial dragons. Does the game still make you choose 1 egg to keep and auto abandon the rest, or do you now get to keep all of them, as long as you have open spots to hold those eggs? 

You still have to choose one.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Also getting tombstone errors here

1 minute ago, Kalcifer said:

1. I'm not sure, but I think it goes away once you have completed the checklist. I know it doesn't stay forever.

2. What is your scroll name? Does it have non-standard characters in it? That may cause a problem. Again, I am not sure.

3. Yes. There was a time way back in the history of DC when they continued to accumulate, but they no longer do.

4. No. They may not always produce an egg, but they will not refuse.

5. You still must select just one to keep.

i'm randomly getting tombstone pages here too, but if i wait a moment and then refresh, the page loads in

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

1. I'm not sure, but I think it goes away once you have completed the checklist. I know it doesn't stay forever.

2. What is your scroll name? Does it have non-standard characters in it? That may cause a problem. Again, I am not sure.

3. Yes. There was a time way back in the history of DC when they continued to accumulate, but they no longer do.

4. No. They may not always produce an egg, but they will not refuse.

5. You still must select just one to keep.

1- Good. It's a bit of an eyesore honestly, I know the basics of how to play the game, lol. All it's doing is giving me a quick link to the hatchery thread cuz I haven't bothered to bookmark it yet.

2- Scroll name is same as forum name. 

3- That's strange. I guess I understand numbers are infinite, but, it could make a max counter of 999,999 or something lol.
4- That's good to know.
5- Ah... I never liked that mechanic. Disappointing that you still only can choose one.

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There's a button at the top - "dismiss".

There doesn't seem to be a dismiss button?