Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 3/30/2022 at 4:17 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

It holds. Just tested.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:07 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Does Ward wear off when an egg is abandoned? Like, if I had a sick egg and Warded it right before abandoning it, would it still be protected for those 6 hours? It doesn't *say* it wears off in the help/actions page like it says with some of the others, but does anyone know for sure?

Question regarding the above. Since we can't use Ward twice on the same egg, even if it changes owners.  

How is one able to test if Ward is active?

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Question regarding the above. Since we can't use Ward twice on the same egg, even if it changes owners.  

How is one able to test if Ward is active?

It tells you on the egg page, iirc.

Recently started preparing for a project and decided to check the market, only to see this:

aw8IpAL.png

Are those prices in any way indicative of rarity (with Iris being rarer than Alstroemeria), or is it just DC market being DC market as usual and throwing out random pricing?

New stuff is usually less than old. Look at xenos!

Has anyone been able to breed more than one staterae in a single batch? For example, 2 stats out of a batch of 100 breeding attempts in a single day. I wanted to try for multiple stats by breeding all my xenos, but I didn't know if I should even bother.  I've only ever gotten one when I try. 

I don't think I've ever gotten multiple Stats in a breeding-spree, although I often stop breeding after getting one.

I'm sure it is not impossible by design, but given the low success rate of breeding Stats from any pairing, it is probably unlikely. Just a matter of random luck.

Thank you! I often stop after one as well. I may just continue with my breeding spree to see what happens. I get so few stats anyway that I wondered if our scrolls somehow know when we've bred one. 

Edited by Jazeki

I have once gotten two in a span of a few breedings before, but that was when they were "only" in the 2000-3000 shard range (and a multi-clutch of 3 stats with a celestial way back in the first available breeding week), so it's technically not impossible. But it seems ever more unlikely to happen as stat prices and population continue to grow.

Does anyone know what's happened with Valley Sherwood?  I'm just getting 'Account Suspended'.

52 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Does anyone know what's happened with Valley Sherwood?  I'm just getting 'Account Suspended'.

I came here to ask the same question because I’m also having the same issue with Valley Sherwood for some reason. I’m not sure what’s going on.

2 hours ago, Rhikasa said:

I came here to ask the same question because I’m also having the same issue with Valley Sherwood for some reason. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Huh, same here too. Wonder if the site got shut down for some reason...?

Edit: just looked it up and found this: valleysherwood.com ▷ Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite (webrate.org) It doesn't say why, but there is no address anymore and the server is coming up as "Offline"...

I emailed the webmaster for the site to see if I can get a solid answer.

EDIT #2: UPDATE: I got an automated message back just now:

"Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

7:16 AM (7 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Error Icon

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to webmaster@valleysherwood.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 No Such User Here"

....I think it might be gone, folks.

Edited by IzzyCat91

It appears that @MaidMarian who created the site has not visited this forum since 2017. I hope the site is not gone forever. :(

I was hoping they were going to come here saying 'It's okay, back up and running now!'  Very sad to see it go if that's the case. 😟

Valley Sherwood has come back! :)

Edited by 0x08

Woohoo!!

4 minutes ago, Rainn said:

Trystan you're so funny...🙃

I'm glad they had cause to be! 😁

lol he looks like he's going to fall right on his arse!

Quick question. Do the eggs hatch faster, or slower, if you watch them?

48 minutes ago, Rainn said:

Quick question. Do the eggs hatch faster, or slower, if you watch them?

XD You know what they say -- the watched pot never boils. Translate that to dragon eggs!