Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

XD You know what they say -- the watched pot never boils. Translate that to dragon eggs!

i came here to say pretty much this too!

Can you breed a Staterae Xenowyrm egg from other Xenowyrms? I was gone during the second xenowyrm release they were part of and do not know much about Stats besides they are very rare.

6 minutes ago, Asketil said:

Can you breed a Staterae Xenowyrm egg from other Xenowyrms? I was gone during the second xenowyrm release they were part of and do not know much about Stats besides they are very rare.

Yes, but it's very rare. Out of all my breeding attempts I've only ever got 1 Stat from a non-Stat Xeno (it was from a Magiae I think). 

Dark lumina have 2 sets of shadows on the encyclopedia, is this a glitch or ? I feel like this was just mentioned here but I can't find it.

35 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Dark lumina have 2 sets of shadows on the encyclopedia, is this a glitch or ? I feel like this was just mentioned here but I can't find it.

The second shadow is the post-breeding stage. If they breed with an oily dragon, they shed their scales and change colour, I think for a day, but I might misremember the time scale.

14 hours ago, Asketil said:

I had a surprise one once, breeding some other Xenos, and I’ve seen the occasional one one the trade page.  But it’s very much the exception to the rule! Pure luck!

2 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

The second shadow is the post-breeding stage. If they breed with an oily dragon, they shed their scales and change colour, I think for a day, but I might misremember the time scale.

I had completely forgotten that about the luminas! thank you for the reminder, off to breed now

@KageSora good to know, and thank you for the links to view yours, much appreciated.

Edited by Tawanda001

10 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

I had completely forgotten that about the luminas! thank you for the reminder, off to breed now

Keep in mind that adult dragons only register views something like 1x every 30 days so if you view them before you breed them it won't register the scaleless version as being viewed.

I think that's avoidable by not going to the action page from the view page.

If you need more, I've got a pair of freshly shed dark lumis here

11 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

I had a surprise one once, breeding some other Xenos, and I’ve seen the occasional one one the trade page.  But it’s very much the exception to the rule! Pure luck!

Are you any more likely to get a stat from a stat X something else?  Stat female x holly threw a Pharos, I should probably remember to add that to the results thread..  friend tried stat x stat and got Chronos.. 

12 minutes ago, nerys said:

Are you any more likely to get a stat from a stat X something else?  Stat female x holly threw a Pharos, I should probably remember to add that to the results thread..  friend tried stat x stat and got Chronos.. 

Not sure if there are pairings that are more likely or not... A quick look through all of my Stats shows that the majority I got from Stats paired with other Xenos, but I've also got one from Stat-Gold, Stat-Magma, a few Stat-holidays, and Stat-GoN pairings.  It's just *much* more likely to give anything other than a Stat, since they are so extremely rare. 

what's going on with valleysherwood?  I get this instead. Something about buying tickets?

image.thumb.png.ee119dd37daa6c9bfd07008f358a95ba.png

11 minutes ago, Syiren said:

what's going on with valleysherwood?  I get this instead. Something about buying tickets?

image.thumb.png.ee119dd37daa6c9bfd07008f358a95ba.png

They were hacked or something, I saw in the Facebook group.

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

They were hacked or something, I saw in the Facebook group.

damn. that sucks. I hope this doesn't turn into another egg around the world fiasco. 

Hello! This might just be me not knowing, since I'm just recently re-joining from years ago, but does a trade offer have to be up for a certain amount of time for you to accept it? I got a good offer on a trade I put up and want to accept it, but the Accept button is grayed out, leaving Decline as the only option. Are there some criteria that need to be met for a trade to be able to go through?

55 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@stjeanne Most likely either you or the other player don't have enough space for everything in the trade.

That would make sense, thank you!

13 hours ago, Syiren said:

damn. that sucks. I hope this doesn't turn into another egg around the world fiasco. 

What is the "Egg around the world fiasco"?

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

What is the "Egg around the world fiasco"?

There was a popular hatchery called that, then that site got attacked (like big-time attacked, eggs in the hatchery were dying within a half hour from such excessive viewbombing) and the hatchery ended up completely shutting down, for good. 

Yeah, it was very popular and many of us were disappointed to see it go. I also recall TJ didn't like how EATW handled it's 'smart' view rotations - it was so good at giving the right amount of views when needed to such an extent that you didn't have to worry about something dying from either too many views or too few views. It was the only fan site I could throw freshly bred or caught eggs and know they would be safe and always hatch/mature when ready - literally set and forget. So it took people by surprise when the intense viewbombing incident happened, all the eggs/hatchlings there were going to die pretty quickly if their owners didn't realize what was happening and fog them in time. Lot of players came to check on their scrolls and were alarmed to find a graveyard of broken shells and tombstones. It's one of two major viewbombing events I remember causing a huge stir on the forums in the last uhh *checks reg date* nearly 14 years since I started playing.

I mean viewbombing isn't exactly super rare (happens pretty regularly to some players) but normally you don't see so many scrolls being hit so hard like that. It was bad sight to see.

13 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

There was a popular hatchery called that, then that site got attacked (like big-time attacked, eggs in the hatchery were dying within a half hour from such excessive viewbombing) and the hatchery ended up completely shutting down, for good. 

6 hours ago, Terces said:

Yeah, it was very popular and many of us were disappointed to see it go. I also recall TJ didn't like how EATW handled it's 'smart' view rotations - it was so good at giving the right amount of views when needed to such an extent that you didn't have to worry about something dying from either too many views or too few views. It was the only fan site I could throw freshly bred or caught eggs and know they would be safe and always hatch/mature when ready - literally set and forget. So it took people by surprise when the intense viewbombing incident happened, all the eggs/hatchlings there were going to die pretty quickly if their owners didn't realize what was happening and fog them in time. Lot of players came to check on their scrolls and were alarmed to find a graveyard of broken shells and tombstones. It's one of two major viewbombing events I remember causing a huge stir on the forums in the last uhh *checks reg date* nearly 14 years since I started playing.

I mean viewbombing isn't exactly super rare (happens pretty regularly to some players) but normally you don't see so many scrolls being hit so hard like that. It was bad sight to see.

Oh my gosh, why would anyone do that?! Thank you both for the info, that is terribly sad and mildly distressing in light of recent events.

It was about that time that there was a discord (I think) group set up specifically to try and damage this game. Other hatcheries were attacked, but not as hard.

But....why? I don't understand why anyone would want to damage this game and ruin it for everyone.

Attention, spite, and/or amusement. On the bright side, the EATW viewbombing was really bad only because it automatically removed eggs from rotation when they got enough views, causing the few newly added dragons to be hit very hard and fast before EATW noticed. Since other sites don't monitor eggs, anything similar elsewhere would have the impact spread over thousands of eggs, only giving somewhat higher UV and OV for however long the bomber kept it up.

Edited by Shadowdrake

well I have what could be a stupid question. I put all my eggs in the same hatcheries at the same time, and one gets 11,000 views and another one gets 2,000 views. I just don't understand that. It happens all the time.

Someone decided to blitz the one with the 11k views. IT happens.