Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

25 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

3- Do views and clicks stop counting when the dragon grows up?

25 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes, they do,

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

3. Yes. There was a time way back in the history of DC when they continued to accumulate, but they no longer do.

Thanks for the information. I don't think I've ever given any thought to this, I just always assumed that they continue to gain views and clicks forever. 😹 (Unless it's only the change that I wasn't aware of!)

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

don't click on any of Fuzz's eggs to give them views until they are yellow! If you click on either the egg or a hatchling while it is blue, it will count as a blue view for you.

noted!

@Kalcifer i remember there being a little x in the upper right corner of the message or something of the sort, maybe that'll do it?

having tombstone errors as well :(

52 minutes ago, milkbun said:

@Kalcifer i remember there being a little x in the upper right corner of the message or something of the sort, maybe that'll do it?

having tombstone errors as well :(

Unless I am blind there's no x or dismiss buttons to remove the tutorial banner, on any of its 4 pages.

I guess just hope it goes away after I complete the checklist? Kinda annoying though.

What is with the tombstone errors? 

This happened to a friend of mine and I asked a mod about it; TJ confirmed that you can dismiss it - and he said yes, indeed you can, at any time. It was an x, I believe.

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This happened to a friend of mine and I asked a mod about it; TJ confirmed that you can dismiss it - and he said yes, indeed you can, at any time. It was an x, I believe.

Here's some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/PJj3e8w 

Is it just not there for me?

Do the three little dots offer anything ? I don't know - it wasn't my scroll....

Does anyone know if dead eggs count for the encyclopedia ? (I am up to 3,500 views on the sapphires and am going to bed in a minute...)

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Does anyone know if dead eggs count for the encyclopedia ?

i believe they do - in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, people will post dead Neglected egg shells - that's how i got those unlocked

so this has never happened to me before. am I stuck with him? LOL it happens every time I try to abandon him

download.png

Edited by Pafupafu

25 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

so this has never happened to me before. am I stuck with him? LOL it happens every time I try to abandon him

download.png

I think you have to wait 24 hours then try again. (Or trade him away.)

30 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

It will reset at midnight cave time, so that after that you should be able to abandon him.

He likes you. :D

Welp, earlier I was seeing scattered tombstones, but if I refreshed a few times, I could get the site to come back. Now, I'm seeing a tombstone and refreshing doesn't work.  Is the site completely down for anyone else?

yep, it's down 

TJ posted on the official discord

Screenshot_20220516-212317_Discord.jpg

Edited by trystan

Just glad I got away with it !

Hey - if I drop a yellow EGG to the AP does it turn pink ? I - think I will....

ETA I did and it doesn't. I always wondered !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I could be misremembering but I believe dragon names used to be unique.  Are they still that way or can more than one dragon have the same name now? 

5 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

I could be misremembering but I believe dragon names used to be unique.  Are they still that way or can more than one dragon have the same name now? 

they're still that way, and have to be unique.

(since there's already an "Aeryn Sun" and and an "Aeryn Sun the Peacekeeper," mine has to be "Aeryn Sun the Sebacean.")

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

they're still that way, and have to be unique.

(since there's already an "Aeryn Sun" and and an "Aeryn Sun the Peacekeeper," mine has to be "Aeryn Sun the Sebacean.")

That's annoying. Every dragon already has their own unique code that links to their profile. What's the point in their names being unique too? I've never understood this. 

18 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

That's annoying. Every dragon already has their own unique code that links to their profile. What's the point in their names being unique too? I've never understood this. 

agreed, but dragons also have the view/n/Name link as well.

i've understood it as that's how it works, so i name accordingly.  it can get.... creative at times. XD

don't remember who first mentioned this,  but yes,  I can confirm the /dragons page does give views :blink:

(not exactly a question,  but confirming a TLQ from earlier)

In order to breed an alt black dragon, do both parents have to be Black dragons? 

Do the parents have to be regular Black dragons, or can alt Black dragons also produce alt Black hatchlings?

If two alt Black dragons breed, will they always produce more alt Black dragons, or can they produce regular Black dragons as well?

4 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

In order to breed an alt black dragon, do both parents have to be Black dragons? 

Do the parents have to be regular Black dragons, or can alt Black dragons also produce alt Black hatchlings?

If two alt Black dragons breed, will they always produce more alt Black dragons, or can they produce regular Black dragons as well?

Only one parent needs to be Black.

Alt Blacks can produce Alts.

Two Alt Blacks can produce either alts or regulars.

8 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

as long as one parent is Black, it's possible the resulting Black offspring can be an alt.

doesn't matter if the parent(s) are regular or alts - i'm pretty sure it's an RNG.

in fact, none of my alts have an alt parent.  two of my alts do have alt offspring though.  i haven't tried re-breeding the pairs to see what happens though.....

Edited by trystan

I remember you used to be able to type in something along the lines of dragcave.net/adopt/1234 (or whatever the dragon code was) to directly obtain an abandoned egg/hatchling without having to fish through the abandoned page. People used to do that before teleport/ safe trading was implemented. Is something like that still possible? 

22 minutes ago, Kalcifer said:

I remember you used to be able to type in something along the lines of dragcave.net/adopt/1234 (or whatever the dragon code was) to directly obtain an abandoned egg/hatchling without having to fish through the abandoned page. People used to do that before teleport/ safe trading was implemented. Is something like that still possible? 

No, that was disabled when Teleport was implemented. It wasn't really an intended feature, just something users figured out.