Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That is very odd. What is her stolen date?

Dec 21 2017

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Well, this part makes sense because of the mom's biome

Yea once I found the biome it made sense why the egg wasn't green. Though now it's that the mom came from valcano which made the whole matter more confusing, since as far as I know they also shouldn't show up in volcano...and I don't remember seeing a related glitch either so mmm

EDIT: I dug through the tiny questions thread and actually found references to these! There was apparently a bug Dec 21 2017 that misplaced non holiday eggs, there were even reports of ice in volcano and firegem in coast lol. mystery solved I suppose, but that's gonna be a interesting copper egg I get to have XD 

Edited by Moriaty

7 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Dec 21 2017

The TLQs for that date are still in this thread and I found this post that might explain her. Apparently there was a glitch that day.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

The TLQs for that date are still in this thread and I found this post that might explain her. Apparently there was a glitch that day.

Found that too! Ah well glitches, fun times. I should go find my miscolored copper an appropriately special mate now...

I have just noticed an odd thing in the Trading Hub. Is this new, or is it does it have something to do with my browser settings or something?

The words in the"Want" field are highlighted in yellow, along with the word "Want."

7644E17F-95AE-44D9-9A0B-D89523C1DBE1.thumb.jpeg.14e5e8e1c4f5bf813d82aac06b79fe91.jpeg

Mine is not doing it, so it isn't a change in the page.

image.png.2d66957cefc78afffe9dd944f5cf511b.png

Mine isn't doing that either. Could be a browser issue?

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Mine is not doing it, so it isn't a change in the page.

image.png.2d66957cefc78afffe9dd944f5cf511b.png

Thank you; that is helpful.  I'm using the Safari browser.

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Thank you; that is helpful.  I'm using the Safari browser.

My just checked on my safari browser, my page is still not doing that so I guess it might be a setting thing....?

1226572505_ScreenShot2022-02-27at5_06_44PM.png.649dd316255aea4d076dec7d35b8ebf8.png

is there any way to know how many dragons there are in total on site?

I'm trying to calculate when we might be entering into 6-digit code territory

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

is there any way to know how many dragons there are in total on site?

I'm trying to calculate when we might be entering into 6-digit code territory

I suspect no one but TJ could know that.

Would be fun to see some stats.

We've been on 5-digit codes for nearly 11 years now.

Well, there are 62 possibilities for each character (26 uppercase letters plus 26 lowercase letters plus 10 numbers). That gives a total of 62^5=916,132,832 possible 5-character codes. Flight Rising hasn't gotten that far in 8+ years and generates a lot more dragons, so I don't think we're in danger of running out of 5-character codes.

3 minutes ago, Mathcat said:

Well, there are 62 possibilities for each character (26 uppercase letters plus 26 lowercase letters plus 10 numbers). That gives a total of 62^5=916,132,832 possible 5-character codes. Flight Rising hasn't gotten that far in 8+ years and generates a lot more dragons, so I don't think we're in danger of running out of 5-character codes.

ah having something to compare to does give some light to the question. I did calculate the number, 1 billion didn't seem all that...much but if another site that generate things more frequently hasn't run out I suppose we won't either.

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

ah having something to compare to does give some light to the question. I did calculate the number, 1 billion didn't seem all that...much but if another site that generate things more frequently hasn't run out I suppose we won't either.

Also have to remember we started with 4 digit ones so those take a a good chunk of what we currently have.

22 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Can a dragon who avoided being stabbed once ever be killed?

Yes, they can.

22 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Or is this just really bad luck?

Unfortunately it's just really bad luck. But keep trying! Eventually it won't dodge. (I zombify dragons and have experienced the seemingly endless dodging)

ETA: Also I remember that my first Exalted Pitfire was stubborn and dodged many times before I finally got her Exalted.

Edited by LadyLoki

Also you MUST wait 24 hours after an avoid before trying again (or till after midnight cave time and definitely the next DAY cave time - I''m never sure if going at 11.55 pm and then again at 00:05 am works so I don't do it, but rumour suggests...)

You don't have to wait 24 hours. It resets at midnight.

Thanks, purplehaze. I had heard that, but never chose to test it ! But that's midnight CAVE TIME.... Careful, European players !

Thank you for your answers!

Yes, I always wait until next day before trying again. :)

So next try tomorrow. :D Fingers crossed.

I'm from germany and cave time midnight is 6am over here.

Good for new releases, since when I wake up, they are still flowing around without old breeds in the biomes. :D

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

I know the colour of caveborn Magnesium dragons are dictated by the biome they were taken from.

But for bred eggs, do they take after the Magnesium parent if bred to a non-Magnesium mate? For

example, this egg I picked up from the AP. Will it be beige/brown also?

Edited by OMGitsKairi

2 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

I know the colour of caveborn Magnesium dragons are dictated by the biome they were taken from.

But for bred eggs, do they take after the Magnesium parent if bred to a non-Magnesium mate? For

example, this egg I picked up from the AP. Will it be beige/brown also?

https://dragcave.net/progeny/dYvKj

The offspring list leans towards brown...

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/dYvKj

The offspring list leans towards brown...

Hmm, so then it appears to not be certain. Heck. Thank you though. c=

(Idk why I didn't think to check the progeny tbh...)

I believe you can also check color of magnesium eggs by looking at temporary breed sort and see where it groups.