Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It seems okay to me. I just added some of my dragons.

39 minutes ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Not directly related to DC, but is Valley Sherwood down for anyone else?

I just tried it and added two of my own. It works for me.

I'm using Firefox, if that helps.

3 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

Yes.  I just tried it with no luck. 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

it works for me....

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It seems okay to me. I just added some of my dragons.

2 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

I just tried it and added two of my own. It works for me.

I'm using Firefox, if that helps.

2 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

It's working for me now too.  :)

It's working for me now as well, it must have just been a brief outage.  Thanks for the responses and the testing :)

Edited by Shinketsu_Karasu
Tried and failed to quote, succeeded on the second time

Hello! I'm fairly new here (using a forum it is). I wonder is there are any website or post where most of DC lore stored? 

I wanted to make a little interactive comic about this beautiful world but I'm afraid my knowledge is a bit lacking and I don't think that information from Encyclopedia is enough.

3 minutes ago, SpaceKiku said:

Hello! I'm fairly new here (using a forum it is). I wonder is there are any website or post where most of DC lore stored? 

I wanted to make a little interactive comic about this beautiful world but I'm afraid my knowledge is a bit lacking and I don't think that information from Encyclopedia is enough.

Dragon Cave Wiki can help.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Cave_Wiki

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Dragon Cave Wiki can help.

Yeah I know about this one and I'm actively studying dragon descriptions and events 

But I was wondering is there something else that I could miss?

If you plan to use images from the cave, you might be wise to read the artists' permission page.

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you plan to use images from the cave, you might be wise to read the artists' permission page.

I don't think so but still thank you! It's helpful to know which dragon's I can freely include and for which I should ask~

7 hours ago, SpaceKiku said:

Yeah I know about this one and I'm actively studying dragon descriptions and events 

But I was wondering is there something else that I could miss?

You might find this thread interesting.

1 minute ago, Dracaena said:

Yes! Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Ooh, nice. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dracaena said:

oooh, thanks for this link!

Eggs do turn back; hatchies don't (incubate has nothing to do with hatchies....).

Xol Dragons' variant is determined by the use of  Incubate  on a Xol egg. When first bred or stolen, the egg is blue and will hatch into a blue Xol. Incubating a Xol egg will warm it up and turn it into the red form.  Abandoning  or  Teleporting  an egg removes the effects of incubation, and will cause the Xol egg to turn back into its blue form. Once the Xol has hatched, the color becomes permanent

Question, is there any sort of sort available that will show all males together and all females together in each breed? Like 'breed sort' I guess but with the genders separated. (Having a heck of a time trying to count males vs females for my 180-odd alt Electrics...)

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question, is there any sort of sort available that will show all males together and all females together in each breed? Like 'breed sort' I guess but with the genders separated. (Having a heck of a time trying to count males vs females for my 180-odd alt Electrics...)

there isn't one I know of but you can try color sort (edit: as in, put them all into a group and select color for order, that way you don't mess with your entire scroll), things with same sprite sort together, and I think male and female electric look different?

Edited by Moriaty

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

there isn't one I know of but you can try color sort (edit: as in, put them all into a group and select color for order, that way you don't mess with your entire scroll), things with same sprite sort together, and I think male and female electric look different?

YES, that worked, thanks so much!

For the raffle. I have 3 adult bred dragons, all laid on the 6th and grew up on the 11th. Two are hybrid Spotted teal drake and one is a harvest. I'm only showing two dragons eligible for the raffle, is it the two drakes because they are hybrid and the other doesn't count because it's bred instead of caveborn?

They're all earth element, and I don't think they had to be caveborn; it didn't say so. Glitch ?

@DarkellaLord The spring equinox is 20th March this year! 🌸

(Or maybe every year, haha...)

@purplehaze Thanks for the info! I was thinking that it's not always the same date since solstice dates change, too, and so does the autumnal equinox. But then I saw a table on Wikipedia that only shows years 2017-2027 and got confused. I was too lazy to read more myself... 😸

Edited by Varislapsi

Spring equinox is Sunday, March 20. That should be when they change.

Edit: Ninja'd but just to clarify -- it is not always the same date. It can be March 19, 20, or 21.

From https://nationaldaycalendar.com/spring-begins-changes-annually/

The vernal equinox marks the moment the sun crosses the celestial equator. This is the imaginary line in the sky above the Earth’s equator, from south to north. The vernal equinox happens on March 19, 20, or 21 every year in the Northern Hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere, this same event marks the beginning of fall.  Meteorologists mark the spring from March 1 through May 31st.

I know -- more info than you ever wanted. XD

And by the way, you can mark the DC seasons by the appearance of your Leetle Tree, if you have one on your scroll. So if you ever have a doubt if the season has changed yet, just check your LT. :) Of course that doesn't help with predicting the change.

Edited by purplehaze

6 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

For the raffle. I have 3 adult bred dragons, all laid on the 6th and grew up on the 11th. Two are hybrid Spotted teal drake and one is a harvest. I'm only showing two dragons eligible for the raffle, is it the two drakes because they are hybrid and the other doesn't count because it's bred instead of caveborn?

I've qualified and entered and all 3 of mine were bred, so that shouldn't be the issue. It does say earth-element *dragons*, so possibly the drakes wouldn't count but if that was true you'd have 1 instead of 2... Definitely sounds like a glitch.