Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

28 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It does say earth-element *dragons*, so possibly the drakes wouldn't count but if that was true you'd have 1 instead of 2...

Unless there was another "dragon" that @Tawanda001 missed? Does seem more likely to be a glitch, though.

My Spotted Teal should be my 3rd earth element dragon, so I should be able to see if it counts. It will be almost 2 days before it is grown, though. :(

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Unless there was another "dragon" that @Tawanda001 missed? Does seem more likely to be a glitch, though.

My Spotted Teal should be my 3rd earth element dragon, so I should be able to see if it counts. It will be almost 2 days before it is grown, though. :(

My spotted teal counted.

I happened to look at the dark green dragon encyclopedia page and am wondering about this: "Colour/number of flowers appears dimorphic: females yellow (3), males red (2)"

Dark greens aren't dimorphic in terms of gender? The sprite with 3 yellow flower is the alt sprite right? I'm confused?

52 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I happened to look at the dark green dragon encyclopedia page and am wondering about this: "Colour/number of flowers appears dimorphic: females yellow (3), males red (2)"

Dark greens aren't dimorphic in terms of gender? The sprite with 3 yellow flower is the alt sprite right? I'm confused?

No, that's been a long-standing contradiction in it's info. I'm not sure if they were originally *intended* the have dimorphic flowers and that tidbit snuck into the encyclopedia even though it didn't turn out that way, or what... But yeah, it's not true. 

On 3/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, Tawanda001 said:

For the raffle. I have 3 adult bred dragons, all laid on the 6th and grew up on the 11th. Two are hybrid Spotted teal drake and one is a harvest. I'm only showing two dragons eligible for the raffle, is it the two drakes because they are hybrid and the other doesn't count because it's bred instead of caveborn?

Well, I have raffle weirdness, too, but it seems it is counting something that shouldn't be instead of the other way 'round. I just got a notification that I had met the requirements, but only two of the dragons I have raised since the end of February should count -- a Terrae that grew up on Feb. 28 and a Copper that just now grew up. Up until yesterday it was only counting one and nothing else that grew up today should count! It let me enter, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The current sprites for the Dark Greens and the alt form came during the sprite replacement project iirc, so I think the alt might have been meant to be the female version? I don't know what happened there exactly, was before my time. I know after the project was done Lythiaren had planned to make a female sprite that was to be more cunning and dangerous in appearance (I think around the time the Femme Fatale project was going on?) but that didn't happen either unfortunately. So yeah, the dragon encyclopedia entry is canon but doesn't make much sense since the sprites aren't sexually dimorphic yet. I'd like to see a female regular sprite with three yellow flowers and a male alt with two red flowers but it's been a long time without any updates for that breed...

Anybody else having serious issues with the Lagmonster on the main site/forums/both? (It's both for me right now.)

On 3/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, Terces said:

So yeah, the dragon encyclopedia entry is canon but doesn't make much sense since the sprites aren't sexually dimorphic yet. I'd like to see a female regular sprite with three yellow flowers and a male alt with two red flowers but it's been a long time without any updates for that breed...

Personally, I like them the way they are and hope they don't change, although an alt with red flowers might look kind of cool.

11 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Anybody else having serious issues with the Lagmonster on the main site/forums/both? (It's both for me right now.)

Nope, both the cave and forum are working at normal loading times for me.

12 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

Nope, both the cave and forum are working at normal loading times for me.

Huh, well I am getting thrashed pretty hard by it, especially on the forums right now.

If you have a scroll with only one thing on it (as in get rid of everything else you amass as you go through the tutorial) does the tutorial EVER go away over time ? 

Do users use any autoclickers? Because I never manage to catch rare eggs, although I refresh the page every second.

Autoclickers (and scripts and the like) are against the rules for catching.

It's a matter of finger speed and luck - sorry ! You've not been here very long - I have caught exactly ONE gold and 2 silvers myself - and I've been here since 2010. Patience is needed. Desperately needed.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Autoclickers (and scripts and the like) are against the rules for catching.

It's a matter of finger speed and luck - sorry ! You've not been here very long - I have caught exactly ONE gold and 2 silvers myself - and I've been here since 2010. Patience is needed. Desperately needed.

I can't catch aeon and gemshard. But I saw in trading people who have a lot of CB gold with a catch difference of two or three hours.

There ARE people who are very very fast. And yes, there are cheaters. Don't be one of them. But I have traded for CB golds with stuff that others just wanted. I've bred things to fit what was asked for in a trade and all sorts. You'll get them all in the end.

Your best bet for gemshards is Sunday (random colours) and Monday to Wednesday (the original colours) - most of us are trying to get the newer colours. I haven't any CB of those myself.)

Do your aeons have to be CB ? there are a few in the hub right now, some CB, some bred.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There ARE people who are very very fast. And yes, there are cheaters. Don't be one of them. But I have traded for CB golds with stuff that others just wanted. I've bred things to fit what was asked for in a trade and all sorts. You'll get them all in the end.

Your best bet for gemshards is Sunday (random colours) and Monday to Wednesday (the original colours) - most of us are trying to get the newer colours. I haven't any CB of those myself.)

Do your aeons have to be CB ? there are a few in the hub right now, some CB, some bred.

Yes, I want CB aeon. Thanks for help! 

Well, look in the hub and see what you can do to match what's being asked.

Is it possible to trade an egg for another egg through the Trading section on the site if you're egg locked? It seems like that slot would still be filled with the egg and not block me from swapping/trading it for another.

22 minutes ago, Diame said:

Is it possible to trade an egg for another egg through the Trading section on the site if you're egg locked? It seems like that slot would still be filled with the egg and not block me from swapping/trading it for another.

Yes it's possible, since you wouldn't be going over your limits. You can't, say, be locked and trade one egg for *two* eggs, but equal amounts will work.

23 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes it's possible, since you wouldn't be going over your limits. You can't, say, be locked and trade one egg for *two* eggs, but equal amounts will work.

Okay, thank you.

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you have a scroll with only one thing on it (as in get rid of everything else you amass as you go through the tutorial) does the tutorial EVER go away over time ? 

BUMP - NEED an answer to this ! @TJ09 ?

is there a thread where users have listed their favorite dragons and/or dragons they collect?

i know a few people have this info listed in their signatures (like myself) but it would be convenient to have a searchable thread if you have, for example, a nice egg and are wondering if there's someone who hoards them and might appreciate a gift.

1 hour ago, steeve said:

is there a thread where users have listed their favorite dragons and/or dragons they collect?

There have been various threads like this over the years, so I doubt any one thread would have everything/everyone. The 'complete your scroll' thread is probably the most active/posted in, though how often people update their posts there may be iffy.

There is also:

Is it only my bad luck that most of my cb seasonals gendered female?

I only recently made a group of my CB seasonals, and realize it is extremely female-heavy. (Autumns 7:2,  springs 6:3, summers 9:2, winters 13:1) I don't remember using Influence, maybe once or twice total for these in total. In 2014 all my new cb seasonals were female. 

Could this be a coincidence?

(I'm trying to remedy the situation asap, but I don't suppose you can send me a cb summer before next week.)

Edited to add: the bred seasonal dragons on my scroll are mostly males. There isn't a lot of them, but they explain why I overlooked the situation before.

Edited by Darth Krande

I'll hunt for you - but why a summer before next week ??? Do you mean winter ? Summers won't be around in the biomes for quite a while...

2 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

Is it only my bad luck that most of my cb seasonals gendered female?

Undoubtedly. It is all random and if you leave it to chance it will not usually end up evenly distributed.