Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thank you both!

Fuzz, thanks for the offer. I really meant summers, as I want to do a reverse sequence lineage and I tried to point out how impossible it is to get one before Spring season. I'm stocking up winter males right now :)

Well they have ALWAYS been in season only - so I'm not sure of the point you are making here ! :) You can't - never could - get a summer before - well - summer :lol:. Seasonal lineages take for ever - and a refusal is a catastrophe. That's why I gave up on them !

Does the protection from warding disappear as soon as the egg hatches? In theory is it possible for the dragon to die as soon as it hatches if it's sick enough?

Good to know, thank you purplehaze!

Edited by Tawanda001

12 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Does the protection from warding disappear as soon as the egg hatches? In theory is it possible for the dragon to die as soon as it hatches if it's sick enough?

The protection lasts for 6 hours, whether it is an egg or a hatchie. No guarantee that the hatchie won't die once ward wears off, of course.

Is there any other hatchery that has a working Inbred checker, other than Allure of Neglected Dragons? Every so often I can't get Allure's to work and I just realized none of the other ones I use have one. 

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is there any other hatchery that has a working Inbred checker, other than Allure of Neglected Dragons? Every so often I can't get Allure's to work and I just realized none of the other ones I use have one. 

Never used it, so I don't know if it actually works, but valley sherwood has one listed in their tools. Though it appears to be just for a single egg.

Edited by Tawanda001

Just did and it works - but only to 7th gen.

And if you have one that is inbred earlier than that - as in inbred at 4th gen on a 16th gen dragon, it doesn't show. Just tested that too. But you can test the dragons in the line and it shows up then.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Thanks!

And another question, for the old-timers around here, am I completely wrong or did Electrics used to be uncommon? It's possible I'm just misremembering but when I started this alt-Electric project I thought I've have a lot of trouble getting them because they were supposed to be uncommon, and yet instead they seem to be everywhere and breed really well. Were they ever uncommon?

23 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thanks!

And another question, for the old-timers around here, am I completely wrong or did Electrics used to be uncommon? It's possible I'm just misremembering but when I started this alt-Electric project I thought I've have a lot of trouble getting them because they were supposed to be uncommon, and yet instead they seem to be everywhere and breed really well. Were they ever uncommon?

as far as I consider electric has always been common? The demand shot right up when alt was introduced of course, so if that's when you started looking for them that might be why - they spawn often but just goes fast. But they've always bred well and could usually be found everywhere, especially before alts were introduced.

They were available, though even before the alt they were popular and taken quickly. 

just making sure - does coastal wyvren x blue electric also produce stormrider or is it just the yellow electric?

Never Mind, just got a stormrider from coastal x blue electric.

Edited by Moriaty

If you abandon an egg that's under AP time, does it show up in the AP right away?

1 hour ago, Aqub said:

If you abandon an egg that's under AP time, does it show up in the AP right away?

Yes. It should pop up in the upper left corner right away.

yeah. it's so close to hatching though. i was hoping it would have hatched by now, which is why i hid my post.

*sigh*

thanks

Edited by trystan

Anyone know what time the Cave runs on? (for example, it's 12;21 A.M. where I am now, so what time would it be by the Cave server?)

6 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Anyone know what time the Cave runs on? (for example, it's 12;21 A.M. where I am now, so what time would it be by the Cave server?)

Same.

3 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

There is a clock at the very top of the cave (at least on the default layout, not sure about the others). This is what it's showing right now:

image.jpeg.ec639534095570877bbaa54f05811934.jpeg

edit: I know that this is something that probably only TJ knows for sure, but.... are we getting a March release? We've had a March release every year since at least 2014, usually new releases are the last weekend of the month... I definitely expected something tonight.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I got ready for a release today as well.  I felt sure I'd see new eggs when I got up!  Still ready, just in case...

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

There is a clock at the very top of the cave (at least on the default layout, not sure about the others). This is what it's showing right now:

image.jpeg.ec639534095570877bbaa54f05811934.jpeg

edit: I know that this is something that probably only TJ knows for sure, but.... are we getting a March release? We've had a March release every year since at least 2014, usually new releases are the last weekend of the month... I definitely expected something tonight.

Sometimes TJ sneaks in things at the very last minute...even during the week, so we have four more days. We've also had April Fool's releases before. 

I made sure I was all set for a new release today, too, eight free egg slots. I don’t recall a non holiday release since before Halloween (unless I’ve forgotten about one in November?). Seems like a a big gap.

I wonder it TJ decided to start skipping some months (unrelated to holiday releases) other than November and January (which, while not always skipped, are frequently skipped)?

46 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Sometimes TJ sneaks in things at the very last minute...even during the week, so we have four more days. We've also had April Fool's releases before. 

There have been March releases in March for several years in a row....