Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, moxiegraphix said:

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, if not, I'm so sorry.

I use adblock but I allow ads on Dragoncave. I double checked and the little checkmark is green instead of the stop sign with the hand. I'm getting 'fussed at' in the ads suggesting I pay to have them removed instead of blocking them. Only I'm not? LOL. It wasn't doing this a few hours ago. I'm not sure what's happening. This is one of the few sites I allow ads on because there aren't any harmful ones and I want to support the site as I can. 

Edit: And now it stopped. Nevermind. LOL. No idea why it was doing that because it shouldn't have been.

I see it fixed itself, but for what it's worth that did used to happen to me at times (I currently have an ad-removal subscription). I don't know for sure why, but it's possible the site sometimes 'senses' an ad-block even if it's not activated or maybe the ad-block is doing something even though it says it's not? Whatever the reason, I've definitely had that happen a good number of times over the past few years. 

20 hours ago, pegasi1978 said:

The trick or treat bucket was originally the "badge" for 2010, before the next round of trick or treating came about in 2012. ToT was skipped in 2011. 

Whoops. I didn't realize the post was that old when I responded. Sorry if I repeated info.

Actually, you're the first one telling me this. I didn't know that the bucket itself was the 2010's "badge".

Thanks!

Will the new Halloween dragon drop in the six main biomes or only in the Halloween biome?

23 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Will the new Halloween dragon drop in the six main biomes or only in the Halloween biome?

on halloween, the new eggs drop in the six main biomes only.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

on halloween, the new eggs drop in the six main biomes only.

Gotcha, thank you

Does anyone know how many Halloween treats there are this year? I have 49, but I haven't seen anymore in about a day.

Thanks in advance for the answer! :D

7 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Does anyone know how many Halloween treats there are this year? I have 49, but I haven't seen anymore in about a day.

Thanks in advance for the answer! :D

yep, there's 49 treats this year.

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep, there's 49 treats this year.

Oh! XD Thanks for letting me know that. :D

on the 10pm reset in only halloween, it took much longer to load, then showed the ‘no eggs’ error message? then, two minutes after it rolled over with me constantly refreshing and seeing the same ‘no eggs’ only in that biome, it showed several ‘common’ eggs and none were taken immediately as would be expected at the start of a rollover. 

i would chalk it up to internet, but it showed the ‘no eggs available’ for a solid minute and a bit and showed me other biomes fine? not sure if thats of any concern, just placing it here in case lol

8 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

So the new eggs will only be up for the grabs till 31st Midnight DC time? What about AP Halloweens?

AP Halloweens will stay in the cave until all gone. Historically there sometimes is a few CB New Holidays but more commonly for the limited ones. Sometimes it ends with a hatchling wall, but with the recent change I cant remember if this still happens. 

Has someone already suggested to extend Holiday breeding to 2wks? If so would it be ok to link? Otherwise its getting requested XD

Edit- Thanks @HeatherMarie!

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

5 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Has someone already suggested to extend Holiday breeding to 2wks? If so would it be ok to link? Otherwise its getting requested XD

Multiple times! Most recently active thread:

I'm sure this has been answered in the thread, but I can't find it in the last few pages.

Can we breed Halloween dragons on Halloween itself? on October 31st? 

37 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

I'm sure this has been answered in the thread, but I can't find it in the last few pages.

Can we breed Halloween dragons on Halloween itself? on October 31st? 

Yes. Until midnight.

Initially fertility did not completely prevent refusals.
Then at some point it was changed to completely prevent them.
Somewhat more recently it was changed to not completely prevent refusals again.

Is this correct?

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Initially fertility did not completely prevent refusals.
Then at some point it was changed to completely prevent them.
Somewhat more recently it was changed to not completely prevent refusals again.

Is this correct?

No, I don't believe Fertility have ever completely prevented refusals. There has been a lot of discussion/suggestions to that effect, but to my knowledge it's never actually been a thing. I believe in the beginning it didn't affect refusals at all, just the 'chance' of getting an egg, but then it was changed to lessen the chance of refusal. Never remove it though. 

if i'm in the middle of tending to a crop at midnight on halloween, does mean those plants are stuck at whatever stage they're at at that time? :blink:

Edited by trystan

Sooooo I don't have any kill slots right now, because I killed some zombie fodder a few days ago.

BUT, I could still use the Bite BSA, and it killed an egg, even though I was out of kill slots.

Does this mean it will take longer for my kill slots to come back, or will I not get all of them back on Halloween morning as I'd planned?

1 minute ago, Aniia said:

will I not get all of them back on Halloween morning as I'd planned?

That's right. Each killed egg or non-frozen hatchling on your scroll removes one kill slot, so even when your manual kills fade away you'll still be missing a slot due to the new killed egg.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

if i'm in the middle of tending to a crop at midnight on halloween, does mean those plants are stuck at whatever stage they're at at that time? :blink:

Hmm... no clue. Guess we won't know till Nov 1st.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

We've experienced the cut-off in different ways over the years, I know with some events people have reported still being able to play for a few hours after midnight if they already had the tab open. But I wouldn't count on that.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hmm... no clue. Guess we won't know till Nov 1st.

bah.  guess i won't plant anymore eyestalks then.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

bah.  guess i won't plant anymore eyestalks then.

Won't they grow by Sunday night? (I have one to plant...)

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Won't they grow by Sunday night? (I have one to plant...)

They should. I planted a row of them last night and they are ready to harvest now. I am just trying to decide if I should leave them all there, or if I should harvest some. I don't think I will really need the money and I'm not sure what to put in that space if I do take them out.