Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

@Terces Thanks for your feedback. I guess it will be as much competition as a new release but at least eggs are dropping continuously so there will always be something to grab

Well in valentines and december it gets clogged. Full of people that don't need whats in it and waiting for a new egg to appear.

There's also a good chunk of people that are picking up and then chucking the eggs, a fair number of cb halloween were in the ap last year, and the limited ones take over a row or so at a time sometimes.

A bred Sapphire egg won't turn pink if it's auto-abandoned due to lack of egg space on a scroll, right?

In other words, the Sapphire egg needs to be willfully abandoned for it to turn pink, is that correct?

@0x08 yes that's correct

I noticed something strange. I'm describing several of my dragons and their descriptions all have the status "awaiting moderation". Yet, for some of them, I can see the pending user description on their view page and for others, I can't.  Example: 

https://dragcave.net/view/SWDq (can see the pending user description)

https://dragcave.net/view/bDxw (no pending user description even though there is one)

Any idea why? 

It only becomes visible when a couple of assessors have viewed it and voted.

That’s still strange because both dragons I linked to have one “accept” for their description.

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

I don't use the forums often anymore but I seen someone in another thread mention sock, Z, and rubyshoes are gone. Was there any explained reason why or was it because they didn't want to be mods anymore? 

I don't know about rubyshoes; afaik _Z_ is still here but I am told has has major personal issues. You have PM.

51 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

I don't use the forums often anymore but I seen someone in another thread mention sock, Z, and rubyshoes are gone. Was there any explained reason why or was it because they didn't want to be mods anymore? 

I remember sock leaving. Her scroll is burned now but when she left she had named her dragons to explain the situation. Basically the gist is that tj wasn't very kind or appreciative to the mods and sock had enough of being a doormat. 

It has been a long time though but thats what I remember about it.

Sock left voluntarily and left a farewell post in her Ask-a-Mod thread in the forums, which is now locked.

_Z_ is facing tragic and traumatic rl events. She may still intend to return, her Ask-a-Mod thread is still open.

I have no idea about rubyshoes, but her Ask-a-Mod thread is also locked.

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

@0x08 yes that's correct

I noticed something strange. I'm describing several of my dragons and their descriptions all have the status "awaiting moderation". Yet, for some of them, I can see the pending user description on their view page and for others, I can't.  Example: 

https://dragcave.net/view/SWDq (can see the pending user description)

https://dragcave.net/view/bDxw (no pending user description even though there is one)

Any idea why? 

Some reviewers have description 'magic' and when they accept the description appears as pending. Other reviewers do not, so when they accept, it just shows as Accept. (Same reviewers can make them poof by rejecting, but the mods always have the final say either way.)

Abandoned hatchlings appear on the AP when their time gets low enough, right? I mean, they aren't automatically considered older than all eggs?

(I've had difficulties with English today, I hope this was comprehensible. 😹)

14 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Abandoned hatchlings appear on the AP when their time gets low enough, right? I mean, they aren't automatically considered older than all eggs?

(I've had difficulties with English today, I hope this was comprehensible. 😹)

Yup, they'll show up when their time gets down to whatever the times showing in the AP are.

Does fogging make any difference whatsoever in earthquake? I have all my eggs fogged to keep them from hatching. I hate to unfog them and have them hatch. But I wonder if somehow the fog is protecting them. I know it’s not supposed to.

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Does fogging make any difference whatsoever in earthquake? I have all my eggs fogged to keep them from hatching. I hate to unfog them and have them hatch. But I wonder if somehow the fog is protecting them. I know it’s not supposed to.

Fog does not protect from EQ. A lot of people have been EQing low-timed fogged eggs to keep them from hatching normally, I'm not sure about the real stats regarding successes when fogged but EQ does affect fogged eggs.

Heather, yeah, not sure myself. Just ran through 17 earthquakes today; still have four extremely low time eggs (17 hours left) unaffected by all of them. I did unfog them for the last couple of EQ attempts, but they still didn’t hatch.  (At least they didn’t die.). So the real stats/effects of fog and EQ success are unknown—makes sense, since it would be hard to quantify with RNG.

2 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Is there a reason we can't re-name dead dragons? 

Because they are dead? I dunno, but it stinks! There is a suggestion thread to change that, if you haven't seen that already.

Nevermind. I see you started a new one.

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Is there a reason we can't re-name dead dragons? 

Only TJ knows. People have asked that to change for years a dead name is lost forever. Never used to be, but thats because the code was eventually recycled. 

3 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Frozen hatchlings of BSA dragons cannot use their BSA, correct?

Correct.

Do frozen Celestial hatchlings have the ability to use their BSA? I don't keep frozen hatchlings but I thought they did.

I don't freeze hatchies, either, but the wiki says:

This BSA was given to Celestial Dragons upon their release on April 1, 2016. While growing up, the dragons maintain a corporeal form- once a hatchling becomes an adult or is frozen, it becomes ethereal. While ethereal, the dragon (hatchling or adult) has limited actions that can be performed on it (Describe, Name and Corporealize). Once made corporeal, all actions that can regularly be performed on hatchlings or adults become available again but only for a week.

Bolding is mine, but it sounds like hatchies can be corporialized.