Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If I freeze a hatchling will it count as a grown dragon? I thought of freezing baby dragons as a way to get to a trophy faster but I don't wanna try freezing any of the few hatchlings I have if that's not gonna work

Yes it counts. If that's your motivation, try hatching and then freezing eggs from the AP - it's quicker !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 8/13/2021 at 1:44 PM, purplehaze said:

I am pretty certain that trick does not work with the Alcedines. It was tried when they first were released.

I don't think it works with Nebula eggs, either. You have to wait until they hatch. But Pargulus pygmies sort with their color as eggs -- or at least they used to.

It seems they still do: 

image.png.6a75318842b7536c4e9a8858994bdf66.png

The two eggs are bred eggs that I picked up in the AP. I would have to hatch them to confirm but if the color was meant to stay hidden, I would expect them to both sort in the middle, like Nebulas and Alcedines. 

I was using pargulus eggs for a breeding project last year. They always sorted below the colour they later hatched. I would lay money Ev will hatch red; I am puzzled by the other egg - until I see you only have red ones. in that case I would GUESS XE will hatch blue.

Could anyone confirm that Nebula hatchlings sort under adult Nebulas according to their future color? I have two Nebula hatchies that both sort under blue/purple adults and I was really hoping for one red/green this time.

Sorry, but I am afraid they do sort according to their adult color.

Random question: do Xeno types breed true? Will two pharos always throw pharos?

I see, it looks like the parents' type is the most likely outcome. Interesting. I was wondering if I was just getting lucky with my pharos PB project. Won't be as hard as I feared apparently. XD  Thank you!

6 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

I see, it looks like the parents' type is the most likely outcome. Interesting. I was wondering if I was just getting lucky with my pharos PB project. Won't be as hard as I feared apparently. XD  Thank you!

yeah its weighed towards the parent(s), the the parent biomes, and then a chance of random.

Anyone know a good way to get a lot of unique views without getting a lot of overall views? 

I'm trying to figure out how to get a blue sapphire to adulthood without it changing yellow on me.

I tried putting an egg in multiple different hatcheries to broaden the view audience, and that only kinda worked. 

5 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Anyone know a good way to get a lot of unique views without getting a lot of overall views? 

I'm trying to figure out how to get a blue sapphire to adulthood without it changing yellow on me.

I tried putting an egg in multiple different hatcheries to broaden the view audience, and that only kinda worked. 

Use an auto refresher on your scroll/ its page.  You can only get 15x the overall views so it does need posted somewhere. (Alternatively let it go er so it doesn't need as many.

For Blue Sapphires, I post them in multiple hatcheries but fog them at night so they only get views when I can watch over them. When an egg has about ~1000 overall views, I fog it again until it's at 4 days. It will then take a couple of hours to hatch on its own. I proceed the same way with the hatchling, making sure it doesn't exceed ~2000 overall views before hitting 4 days. Since the limit for Yellow Sapphires is around 4000 views, this method makes sure that your egg/hatchie can't possibly turn yellow, though it is a bit involved.

8 hours ago, Shokomon said:

1.Hit ER time.
2.Add your egg to ER of some hatchery for 1-5 minutes.
3.Do (2) for another 2-3 hatcheries.
4.Wait for some hours or days.
5.Repeat from (2) until you have enough UVs.

I think it's better to not use Super ERs (or whatever they are called) so you don't get as much excessive OVs from fast-refreshers.

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

15 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I fog mine until ER and then put them in places and let them be, then fog again until ER. It's a little risky but I also don't pay the closest attention. I once left an egg ARing for an hour after it hatched cause I forgot the tab was open, it barely turned yellow when growing up.

16 hours ago, Shokomon said:

In the past I've used Yarolds to kick up the unique views.

Do non-Staterae xenowyrms count as (very) commons for the purposes of breeding?

Can hatchlings die to timer without gendering?

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Do non-Staterae xenowyrms count as (very) commons for the purposes of breeding?

Can hatchlings die to timer without gendering?

The Xenos do seem to act a lot like commons when breeding.

If you keep the views low and fog it as soon as it hatches, it should remain ungendered until the timer runs out.

meant to ask this yesterday.... i picked up two eggs from the AP yesterday, and i'm pretty certain they both had 4d12h left on them, so i incubated and hatched 'em.....  but one of them was laid on August 16th and the other stolen on August 17th.  was the bred one stunned? is there another way it would gain an entire day like that?

4 hours ago, trystan said:

meant to ask this yesterday.... i picked up two eggs from the AP yesterday, and i'm pretty certain they both had 4d12h left on them, so i incubated and hatched 'em.....  but one of them was laid on August 16th and the other stolen on August 17th.  was the bred one stunned? is there another way it would gain an entire day like that?

Eggs can't be stunned, only hatchlings. I'm assuming one was bred at the very end of the 16th (like right before midnight) and the other stolen not long after the start of the 17th. Since DC doesn't show minutes on timers, they could both show 4d12h while actually being a half hour difference between them or such.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Eggs can't be stunned, only hatchlings. I'm assuming one was bred at the very end of the 16th (like right before midnight) and the other stolen not long after the start of the 17th. Since DC doesn't show minutes on timers, they could both show 4d12h while actually being a half hour difference between them or such.

yeah,  I knew that about eggs...I did! XD

yeah,  what you suggest makes sense! thanks! :)

Edited by trystan

tjs take and leave an egg is down? When I click on the website I get a blank page with one sentence. "Sorry, a database error has occurred."