Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

Indeed they do. Can confirm. This is a frozen hatchling.

2021-09-02 23_40_01-Window.png

Clever hatchling, knowing how to breed. XD

how do we go about getting back the field to change our custom titles? (where mine says Queen of Typoes). the option has been gone since the forum update

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

how do we go about getting back the field to change our custom titles? (where mine says Queen of Typoes). the option has been gone since the forum update

No idea, multiple people have posted about it but we haven't gotten any reply.  (I see you posted in the thread but I'll still link it for reference.)  @Infinis @purpledragonclaw  Any way to poke TJ about this? Any sort of answer/reply would be appreciated at this point. 

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

No idea, multiple people have posted about it but we haven't gotten any reply.  (I see you posted in the thread but I'll still link it for reference.)

wow, it's only been since August 11th since that thread was started? seems longer, but I also have a weird concept of time, so.... 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

No idea, multiple people have posted about it but we haven't gotten any reply.  (I see you posted in the thread but I'll still link it for reference.)  @Infinis @purpledragonclaw  Any way to poke TJ about this? Any sort of answer/reply would be appreciated at this point. 

The option to edit the custom title thing was removed in the last update. 

36 minutes ago, Infinis said:

Right, but is there any way to get it back? Or at least have TJ disable it completely? It seems odd that the option to edit would be removed but the custom titles themselves remain so we can't ever change them. Are we just stuck with the custom titles we have forever now?

Edited by HeatherMarie

7 hours ago, Infinis said:

👀

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Right, but is there any way to get it back? Or at least have TJ disable it completely? It seems odd that the option to edit would be removed but the custom titles themselves remain so we can't ever change them. Are we just stuck with the custom titles we have forever now?

^what she asked

I still live for the day that spaceship nasty image for "level" is removed. I feel SURE TJ could do that.

But don't disable existing ones. I like mine.... Mrrow....  nonverbal.gif

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Unfortunately, no, it's gone. There's no way to edit your member title anymore. :( 

:( I was looking forward to finally being able to edit mine once I reached level 10. I don't post all that much, so it's been a goal for a long time.

It seems like such a weird thing for Invision to remove.

They want us to go around rating each other and such rubbish. Ran across this on another invision forum - where we have never had member titles, but the rating rubbish showed up recently with an update, and there was an outcry, so the admin disabled it.

21 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

Seems it was removed in a recent Invision update and then a workaround provided in an update after. They've opted to drop custom member titles and merge similar functionality into custom member fields.

Here's more information on the workaround, it's only something TJ can choose to add back in.

So there *is* a way to get it back! Honestly I don't really care about the ability to *edit* the custom member title, but to me it feels rather icky to be forced to keep whatever title we may have had forever just because of a forum update. Just, as a user it really doesn't feel right to be locked out of changing something on my profile that I put there in the first place..... For that reason alone it'd be really nice if TJ would take a look at that workaround.

well, at least we have an answer, for whatever that's worth

like Fuzzbucket above (i believe) said, i like my Custom Title, and i'm glad it's staying.

but as HeatherMarie said, it does feel weird to not have the ability to edit my title.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

So there *is* a way to get it back! <snip>  it'd be really nice if TJ would take a look at that workaround.

i second this please :D 

Edited by trystan

On 8/28/2021 at 8:28 PM, missy_ said:

I don’t believe TJ has a Prize pair. All his Thuwed pairs are listed here: https://dragcave.net/thuwed

Ah, I see... well, it’ll stay as a nice dream then, lol. Thanks.

Since those are his official pairs, I wonder if he has new pairs from some of the newer dragons... 🤔 All the same, I still have to catch up (if I can).

On 8/28/2021 at 8:53 PM, Shadowdrake said:

TJ has mentioned that he's won a raffle and abandoned the resulting prize, so I don't think he has any CB prizes on his scroll.

Mm, okay. I didn’t know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for showing your Thuwed lineages @kiramaru7, but I was thinking of a PB Thuwed line. 😅

8 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

:( I was looking forward to finally being able to edit mine once I reached level 10. I don't post all that much, so it's been a goal for a long time.

It seems like such a weird thing for Invision to remove.

i agree with this... im bummed. i hope they come back :( 

3 hours ago, Solaries said:

Since those are his official pairs, I wonder if he has new pairs from some of the newer dragons... 🤔 All the same, I still have to catch up (if I can).

the only thuwed pairs are the ones that are on that page, that and some vampires. (i forget the codes and im too lazy to go look XD

Probably a silly question, but just to be sure... if you fog some eggs and then you use earthquake, the fogged eggs will be affected by EQ anyway or not?

18 minutes ago, Iside said:

Probably a silly question, but just to be sure... if you fog some eggs and then you use earthquake, the fogged eggs will be affected by EQ anyway or not?

Yes, they still may die or hatch

I have a question about Kill slots & if I had asked this before, please forgive me. It takes a while before stuff sinks in. XD

Anyways, what's the cool down on Kill slots? Now that we need to kill or EQ a Shumoga egg in order to make it hatch I was wondering how long before I get them back. XD I still need like 3 or 4 for scroll completion & I only have 1 slot left. XD Also does anyone know if they're going to change how the slots work or if we'll get more than 5? There's a difference between needing a slot to hatch something & using the slot to kill something cuz the day ends in Y. Especially since you're not always guaranteed the kill will work.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I have a question about Kill slots & if I had asked this before, please forgive me. It takes a while before stuff sinks in. XD

Anyways, what's the cool down on Kill slots? Now that we need to kill or EQ a Shumoga egg in order to make it hatch I was wondering how long before I get them back. XD I still need like 3 or 4 for scroll completion & I only have 1 slot left. XD Also does anyone know if they're going to change how the slots work or if we'll get more than 5? There's a difference between needing a slot to hatch something & using the slot to kill something cuz the day ends in Y. Especially since you're not always guaranteed the kill will work.

Thanks in advance.

Two weeks, though you dont need slots to use Earthquake, it just takes longer to get them back.

6 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Anyways, what's the cool down on Kill slots? Now that we need to kill or EQ a Shumoga egg in order to make it hatch I was wondering how long before I get them back. XD

I'm pretty sure it's still 2 weeks; eggs from eq death takes up a slot, as in if you kill with EQ then you can't do the normal kill action once there's been 5 deaths

However, you can still use EQ and kill/hatch eggs even if your 5 slots are filled. Bite is the same way as far as I remember.

8 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Also does anyone know if they're going to change how the slots work or if we'll get more than 5?

There's been several suggestion threads I've seen for this, but there hasn't been any say from TJ on if it's going to change

DragonLady86 & Moriaty, thank you both for the quick reply!

So if I understand you both correctly, I can EQ as much as I want, but dead eggs take up kill slots? And in 2 weeks when the dead eggs are gone, I get it back? It's been sooo long since I made zombies, I've forgotten how it works. XD Anyways, say I want to use my last kill slot on an egg, I use it & it hatches, the hatchie stays with me (or goes). That would take that last slot, no? So then I can't decide I want to kill another egg to make it hatch, but I can't cuz my slots are used up. XD Now  if I understand you, then I can still use EQ & it doesn't matter if I kill everything, cuz EQ doesn't take up slots? This is the confusing part that I wish was explained somewhere in detail on site. I don't normally EQ anything or kill anything, except whenever the wind blows just right & I decide to bite an egg & make a vampire. I'm an older player & I find this all confusing & I can just imagine how a new player would feel. Thank you again for putting up with my denseness. XD

42 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

DragonLady86 & Moriaty, thank you both for the quick reply!

So if I understand you both correctly, I can EQ as much as I want, but dead eggs take up kill slots? And in 2 weeks when the dead eggs are gone, I get it back? It's been sooo long since I made zombies, I've forgotten how it works. XD Anyways, say I want to use my last kill slot on an egg, I use it & it hatches, the hatchie stays with me (or goes). That would take that last slot, no? So then I can't decide I want to kill another egg to make it hatch, but I can't cuz my slots are used up. XD Now  if I understand you, then I can still use EQ & it doesn't matter if I kill everything, cuz EQ doesn't take up slots? This is the confusing part that I wish was explained somewhere in detail on site. I don't normally EQ anything or kill anything, except whenever the wind blows just right & I decide to bite an egg & make a vampire. I'm an older player & I find this all confusing & I can just imagine how a new player would feel. Thank you again for putting up with my denseness. XD

If the egg hatches instead of dies when you use kill on it, it doesn't take up a slot (ie, your kill action will still say however many attempts you have left before using kill on that egg, that number of attempts left is basically the "slot" I was referring to). Even if you have no slot (ie "kill" is greyed out in your action screen) left you can still use EQ and (potentially) kill more eggs or use Bite and (again potentially) kill the egg