Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

18 hours ago, Solaries said:

Random yet genuinely curious question: is there a Prize x Thuwed pairing? It just dawned on me that it would be a neat idea to have a 2g-3g lineage. 😅

I have two 4th gen Thuwed Prizes:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/35u82

https://dragcave.net/lineage/cHKiB

I think the second one was a trade & the first one I totally forget where I got it from, since I got like 2 years ago. XD  I should try breeding my second gen Thuwed with one of my second gen Prizes, which I think is about as low gen as you can get as I don't think TJ breeds his dragons for people anymore, besides, I believe & could be totally WRONG here, that he has specific mates for his dragons.

While those lines are technically Thuwed, neither of those lines is a purebred Thuwed, and neither Prize in those lines is a Thuwed. In the first lineage, only the Holly x Winter is a Thuwed pair. In the second lineage, only Sandy (Black Marrow) x Royal Crimson are a Thuwed pair. 

ETA: I don’t believe TJ has a Prize pair. All his Thuwed pairs are listed here: https://dragcave.net/thuwed

Edited by missy_

TJ has mentioned that he's won a raffle and abandoned the resulting prize, so I don't think he has any CB prizes on his scroll.

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It will not stop you from doing Earthquake and it will not stop Earthquake from killing your eggs. You could keep Earthquaking and Biting forever and the kill count won't stop you (and won't protect things from dying), but you will not be able to use the Kill action until your kill slots come back. Makes not much sense, but that's the way it is.

I have a related question. I currently have five kill slots available. I was planning on using them on Aug. 31 to try and create zombies.

Then I was planning on using Earthquake on Sept. 1 to try and get some skittish hatchlings. 

Just double checking with you folks that I can do this. It sounds like I can?

6 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Yes, that is the way to do it. If you use Earthquake now and anything dies then you won't have the kill slots for Zombies.

But using Kill for Zombies won't prevent you from using Earthquake right away after.

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Yes, in fact you can EQ right after you've revived all your zombie attempts. Personally I would recommend killing things early (like any time between now and the 31st) since they have a high chance of dodging. You don't have to wait till the 31st to kill, just to revive them.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, that is the way to do it. If you use Earthquake now and anything dies then you won't have the kill slots for Zombies.

But using Kill for Zombies won't prevent you from using Earthquake right away after.

Thank you, purple :)

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes, in fact you can EQ right after you've revived all your zombie attempts. Personally I would recommend killing things early (like any time between now and the 31st) since they have a high chance of dodging. You don't have to wait till the 31st to kill, just to revive them.

Thanks, @Shadowdrake! I was waiting until the 31st because I haven’t had much luck at all getting zombies on any day besides the 31st of a month. So if I kill them now ... you mean kill now, then attempt revivals on the 31st? I keep forgetting how dodge works. If they dodge, can I try to kill them one additional time, and it has to be 24 hours later? I am going by my sketchy memory of what people may or may not have told me. 🙃

Does it lower my chances for successful zombie revivals if they are not killed on the 31st?

9 minutes ago, missy_ said:

So if I kill them now ... you mean kill now, then attempt revivals on the 31st? I keep forgetting how dodge works. If they dodge, can I try to kill them one additional time, and it has to be 24 hours later?

Yep. Kill them in advance. If they dodge, they'll be on alert and keep dodging until midnight (so if they dodge on the 31st you're out of luck for zombie fodder). You can keep trying to kill them every day until you give up or they finally die.

9 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Does it lower my chances for successful zombie revivals if they are not killed on the 31st?

Nah. I've had successful zombifications from corpses killed on the 17th and revived on the 31st.

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

If they dodge, they'll be on alert and keep dodging until midnight

Thanks! Does this mean I don’t have to wait a full 24 hours between kill attempts? Can I just wait until DC refreshes for a new day? (3 AM EDT)

Is it known which breeds of dragons spriters like to breed their alts with? Finding a 2g Saltkin in the AP is a very very long shot but it’s one of the only thing you can trade a CB Staterae for so I still would like to  try.

11 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Is it known which breeds of dragons spriters like to breed their alts with? Finding a 2g Saltkin in the AP is a very very long shot but it’s one of the only thing you can trade a CB Staterae for so I still would like to  try.

Depends on the breed and the owner just like everything else.

6 hours ago, missy_ said:

Thanks! Does this mean I don’t have to wait a full 24 hours between kill attempts? Can I just wait until DC refreshes for a new day? (3 AM EDT)

That is right. You can try again as soon as the DC day rolls over.

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That is right. You can try again as soon as the DC day rolls over.

Yay! Thank you. ^_^

Hey guys. Quick question for you all. 

If you put a Canto in a teleport trade and then cancel it, does it turn orange or stay what ever color it was before?

Edit: I think I may try this out to see...if it doesn't die to an Earthquake.

Edited by Shokomon

45 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Hey guys. Quick question for you all. 

If you put a Canto in a teleport trade and then cancel it, does it turn orange or stay what ever color it was before?

Edit: I think I may try this out to see...if it doesn't die to an Earthquake.

in the first hours it would turn it orange, but no longer no. It was funny watching that series of hotfixes go flying through. It has to be completed to change color.

1 hour ago, Tini said:

in the first hours it would turn it orange, but no longer no. It was funny watching that series of hotfixes go flying through. It has to be completed to change color.

Darn. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

I must have missed all that brainstorming. I think I was sleeping at the time...

On 8/29/2021 at 12:01 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Nah. I've had successful zombifications from corpses killed on the 17th and revived on the 31st.

whens the best time to kill them if youre looking to make zombies on the 31st? the early hours of the 17th? (12am cave time) ? how does this work ? i know tombstones stay on your scroll for 14 days, so do you gain those kill slots back all on the 31st to be used again to kill another batch during the day ? 

23 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

whens the best time to kill them if youre looking to make zombies on the 31st? the early hours of the 17th? (12am cave time) ? how does this work ? i know tombstones stay on your scroll for 14 days, so do you gain those kill slots back all on the 31st to be used again to kill another batch during the day ? 

Yes, basically if you kill earlier on the 17th, you'll get the kill slots back at that same time on the 31st. So say you kill at noon on the 17th, then on the 31st *before* noon you try to revive them (before the tombstones disappear), then after you get the slots back you can kill more and revive the same day. Just make sure you are killing on the 17th late enough that you'll be able to get on and revive on the 31st before they disappear.

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, basically if you kill earlier on the 17th, you'll get the kill slots back at that same time on the 31st. So say you kill at noon on the 17th, then on the 31st *before* noon you try to revive them (before the tombstones disappear), then after you get the slots back you can kill more and revive the same day. Just make sure you are killing on the 17th late enough that you'll be able to get on and revive on the 31st before they disappear.

ooooh! that makes a lot of sense. thanks :) 

What is the holiday biome like? Is it empty outside of the five minute drops or are eggs continuously present (like a normal biome)?

It acts like a normal biome, just with holiday eggs only. Early on eggs can get taken quickly as people fill up on the holiday breeds they missed before but it slows down after that initial rush. Since Halloween has no CB limits it can be more competitive, some players prefer to collect more CBs over AP stuff.

@Terces Thanks for your feedback. I guess it will be as much competition as a new release but at least eggs are dropping continuously so there will always be something to grab