Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Are Corporeal Celestials still able to multiclutch? If so, does it only happen with other Corporeal Celestials or are the odds just very low?

Yes, they are able and not just with other Celestials. I do find that they seem to decide not to multiclutch with certain mates and that seems to hold from one breeding to the next more often than not.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, they are able and not just with other Celestials. I do find that they seem to decide not to multiclutch with certain mates and that seems to hold from one breeding to the next more often than not.

I see... Thank you.

That's a little annoying. ;v; I'll need to stock up on Celestials I guess

12 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I know codes arent recycled for killed adults, but is this the same for hatchlings/eggs which die, don’t revive and dissappear?

Non-adults get recycled. TJ's mentioned somewhere that the only way to make sure a code never comes back is to let it grow into an adult and kill it.

Just because from a coding standpoint it would be harder to separate out those that died as adults from those that died as eggs/hatchlings. 

It would actually be fairly simple: generate code, check if the code currently exists on site. If yes, discard code. If no (like hatchies or eggs that have fully vanished), then create egg.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Hi, does freeze slot come back exactly 336 hours (2 week) after the action is performed, or at the beginning of that day? What about kill slot?

Talking about recycled codes, I'm curious about it too. If they recycle at some point how long would it take to happen? Sometimes I took note of egg codes when hunting the biomes, if the egg was not taken at the 5 minute refresh I manually type the view link of said egg and I get the "Dragon Not Found" page every time. I just checked some of the codes I saved and it still says "Dragon Not Found".

I suppose codes never recycle but its a curious subject.

Ummm... now that I'm here... is there a way to move/copy all the dragons in a group into another group/s at once? Instead of one by one?

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

Hi, does freeze slot come back exactly 336 hours (2 week) after the action is performed, or at the beginning of that day? What about kill slot?

Exactly two weeks, down to the minute.  (For both freeze and kill slots)

16 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Ummm... now that I'm here... is there a way to move/copy all the dragons in a group into another group/s at once? Instead of one by one?

Unfortunately I don't think so. If there are any identifiers in their names (like they all have a certain prefix or whatever) you can filter for that in the new group's add page and select them all, and if they are all part of the same lineage you can use the lineage-button on the add page, but otherwise no.

Edited by HeatherMarie

42 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Sometimes I took note of egg codes when hunting the biomes, if the egg was not taken at the 5 minute refresh I manually type the view link of said egg and I get the "Dragon Not Found" page every time. I just checked some of the codes I saved and it still says "Dragon Not Found".

If egg were not picked up by someone, it technically doesn't exist yet and thus don't have a /view page. (otherwise you'd be able to tell alts from normals (I mean ridgewing and dorsals)). Sometimes if you save the code and even after that egg disappear in the next 5 minute refresh, you can still manually type the get/code link and you'll still get the egg, because it's in the current bag of eggs for this biome. Then a longer time later if no one take the egg the get/code link would stop working too. I always suppose at that point the code got recycled back into the code base, and will only pop back into cave if/when the whatever random generator making egg codes each day at some point circle back to this code, which might indeed take ages.

26 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Exactly two weeks, down to the minute.  (For both freeze and kill slots)

And thank you!

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Unfortunately I don't think so. If there are any identifiers in their names (like they all have a certain prefix or whatever) you can filter for that in the new group's add page and select them all, and if they are all part of the same lineage you can use the lineage-button on the add page, but otherwise no.

I see... those are some useful tips tho, thanks! ^^

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

If egg were not picked up by someone, it technically doesn't exist yet and thus don't have a /view page. (otherwise you'd be able to tell alts from normals (I mean ridgewing and dorsals)). Sometimes if you save the code and even after that egg disappear in the next 5 minute refresh, you can still manually type the get/code link and you'll still get the egg, because it's in the current bag of eggs for this biome. Then a longer time later if no one take the egg the get/code link would stop working too. I always suppose at that point the code got recycled back into the code base, and will only pop back into cave if/when the whatever random generator making egg codes each day at some point circle back to this code, which might indeed take ages.

There was a time when you could tell if they were alts or not by manually typing the view link, which no longer works but based on that maybe they kind of exist even if nobody grabs them, but I also agree with you that they technically don't exist, for the same reason. I actually have a Dorsal code and Pink/Flamingo codes, I saved their codes months ago, I'll try to manually type the get link of those eggs next time I have space and see what happens. It would be great if I could actually get them!

What's the best view count for earthquaking eggs? I've never done it before but I'm trying to get some of the alts (Cantormaris, Shumoga). I know there's still a chance they'll either die or run away, but other than waiting until the eggs have begun to crack I'm not sure what other precautions to take. 

27 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

What's the best view count for earthquaking eggs? I've never done it before but I'm trying to get some of the alts (Cantormaris, Shumoga). I know there's still a chance they'll either die or run away, but other than waiting until the eggs have begun to crack I'm not sure what other precautions to take. 

In my experience the only criteria is the egg is under 6 days and has at least an S1 crack. Beyond that stats don't really seem to matter. This thread has more detail.

I clicked on a teleport link and it said the eggs/hatchlings had been transferred to my account successfully but I never got the option to input my password and the egg isn't there. I'm assuming that I was a bit too slow and got ninja'd by someone else - which I'm not complaining about. It's just odd that it says that it was successful instead of the usual message about being claimed by another user

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Stage 2 crack is safer than Stage 1 in my experience.

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

I clicked on a teleport link and it said the eggs/hatchlings had been transferred to my account successfully but I never got the option to input my password and the egg isn't there. I'm assuming that I was a bit too slow and got ninja'd by someone else - 

That's not possible unless the program really glitched. If it was a hatchling, it may have grown up as soon as it was transferred. If it's an egg, it was either transferred or it wasn't. Look in your Action Log for 'recieved (trade) via teleport)

Now my question: Anyone else getting nothing but Geodes from breeding their Greens?

36 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Now my question: Anyone else getting nothing but Geodes from breeding their Greens?

Greens are in higher demand now because of cantors and especially shumogas. At some point there even was a CB staterae offer for 4 green hatchlings.
Could also be just your luck.

39 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

It was an egg and my action log says nothing about having received an egg by teleport

Then it's time to ask a mod for help. 

Any way to revive an egg?As I know there is none.

I was trapped by sth for some hours,then my bred Statarae was killed by jerk observing the Trading hall.

Because of Jealous?I don't know,it's too cheap.

I've got my Platinum,so maybe it's time to pause or quit DC for me.

You can't revive an egg, I'm sorry. :( The easiest way to potentially prevent egg death is to fog it. Then you should remove it from any hatcheries you might have left it in.

Edited by 0x08

Hatchery question: if I added an egg to a hatchery but then abandoned it later, before removing them from the hatchery, is there any way then to get it out of the hatchery? Or will they be automatically removed when I add my scroll again since egg is question is no longer on my scroll? 

Why does the Forum keep logging me out? It's beyond frustrating to have to reset my password so many times.

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Then it's time to ask a mod for help. 

I wound up messaging the person with the trade link in their signature. Turns out it was one I claimed a while ago and they'd never got around to changing it

1 hour ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Why does the Forum keep logging me out? It's beyond frustrating to have to reset my password so many times.

Why are you needing to reset your password just because you get logged out? Or do you mean it's frustrating to type in your password so much? Next questions, do you have your browser or an add-on set to automatically log you out when you close the browser or after a certain amount of time? The forum itself shouldn't be logging you out constantly (for reference I don't think I've ever been logged out without doing it myself...)

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

I wound up messaging the person with the trade link in their signature. Turns out it was one I claimed a while ago and they'd never got around to changing it

:blink: People put trade links in their signature?

23 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:blink: People put trade links in their signature?

Sometimes. I do it from time to time.

I'm not sure where to ask this, so forgive me if this isn't the right place for my question. It's regarding dragon rarity. I know rarity is basically "in the eye of the beholder" and all, but there is a base line of what is considered "rare", (CB Golds/Silvers/Stats/unbreedables/etc)

Are CB Pink Sapphires and CB EQ Shumogas considered "rare" in the same sense as the aforementioned breeds? I'm just wondering if they should be in my Caveborn Rares group or not.

@LadyLoki That's definitely a 'will vary' question, but personally I'd say they are currently probably in that 'first-rate rare' tier with Golds/Silvers/Stats, if only because the *way* to get them makes them so much more difficult to get. With the EQ Shumogas I predict the value/rarity will even out over time, but pink Sapphs are more iffy in that regard. 

(Personally I differentiate between 'rare in biomes' and 'rare because special mechanic', but not sure it really matters practically.)