Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm planning to breed my Pyrospellis to a water element dragon to try to get the bald sprite. Any opinions on which water element dragons would look most pleasing next to a Pyrospellis in a lineage? 

@Elizabeth Moonstone
I think these look quite nice, but you can make more pairs with this tool and this list. :)

• Pyropellis × Deep Sea
  • Pyropellis × Hydrophidius
  • Pyropellis × Lacula
  • Pyropellis × Sawtooth [both sprited by Dohaerys!]
  • Pyropellis × Xol (blue)

update: none of these make the bald pywy LMAO

Edited by 0x08

Anyone know where I'm supposed to look to find my kill slots? I tried EQ for the very first time & lost an egg, & I was wondering how many kill slots we have & how long does it take to get them all back. If I remember correctly, there was a way to find it, but it's been sooo long since I made zombies that I've forgotten where to look. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

8 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Anyone know where I'm supposed to look to find my kill slots? I tried EQ for the very first time & lost an egg, & I was wondering how many kill slots we have & how long does it take to get them all back. If I remember correctly, there was a way to find it, but it's been sooo long since I made zombies that I've forgotten where to look. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

If you go to any dragon's action page it will show the option for Kill and also give how many you have left at the moment. Unfortunately the site doesn't show when exactly the kill slots will come off cooldown, unless you want to look back in your Action Log for the exact date/time. We have 5 Kill slots total, with a 2-week cooldown for each slot.

25 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

If you go to any dragon's action page it will show the option for Kill and also give how many you have left at the moment. Unfortunately the site doesn't show when exactly the kill slots will come off cooldown, unless you want to look back in your Action Log for the exact date/time. We have 5 Kill slots total, with a 2-week cooldown for each slot.

Thank you sooo much for the info, Heather! You were quick & it's much appreciated! :D

The wiki doesnt seem to have any info regarding this so I'll ask here: can I breed my Pargulus with another pygmy to get a different colored Pargulus? or are the offprings locked to the parent's biome color? 

17 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

The wiki doesnt seem to have any info regarding this so I'll ask here: can I breed my Pargulus with another pygmy to get a different colored Pargulus? or are the offprings locked to the parent's biome color? 

The color of the offspring is random. It doesn't necessarily match the Pargulus parent, but isn't affected by the mate, either.

Pargulus eggs do sort under adults of the matching color so if you have adults for all three colors, you can know in advance which color your bred egg will hatch into.

Does incubating a caveborn egg reduce the transfer cooldown?

31 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Does incubating a caveborn egg reduce the transfer cooldown?

No. You still have to wait 5 hours.

Thanks for the info! That's slightly annoying :( but I get it

5 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Thanks for the info! That's slightly annoying :( but I get it

If your feeling lucky, you could use the bite BSA and hope for a repulse to skip the 5hr wait. Be aware: it can kill the egg and this takes a slot for 24hrs, or just be successful and your still stuck with an egg XD 

I have pulled this a few times with limited success. 

Random yet genuinely curious question: is there a Prize x Thuwed pairing? It just dawned on me that it would be a neat idea to have a 2g-3g lineage. 😅

Two issues today:

• I have a hatchling I picked up on the abandoned page when it was an egg (https://dragcave.net/lineage/IzX0K).  However, it is showing up as from Market, and thus not being tradeable.  It seems highly unlikely that I somehow purchased an egg two days ago and don't remember it, since purchasing an egg requires several steps.
  • So I went to check my action log to see if there was any chance I'd somehow bought an egg without remembering it.  And the action log is gone.  It used to be under "Account," but it isn't there any more.  Did it get moved somewhere?
Edited by free_of_whip

4 minutes ago, free_of_whip said:

Two issues today:

I have an egg I picked up on the abandoned page (https://dragcave.net/lineage/IzX0K).  However, it is showing up as from Market, and thus not being tradeable.  It seems highly unlikely that I somehow purchased an egg two days ago and don't remember it, since purchasing an egg requires several steps.

So I went to check my action log to see if there was any chance I'd somehow bought an egg without remembering it.  And the action log is gone.  It used to be under "Account," but it isn't there any more.  Did it get moved somewhere?

People can and do abandon market eggs.

Action log is now on the dragons page, but it doesn't have market stuff  anyway.

2 minutes ago, Tini said:

People can and do abandon market eggs.

Action log is now on the dragons page, but it doesn't have market stuff  anyway.

Thanks!  I hadn't even known it was possible to abandon a market egg.

i just thought of this, because vamps biting and killing eggs count as a kill, as does killing from EQ.

i have 2 kills left.

i have a vampire that will be biting an egg tomorrow - let's say that's unsuccessful (again!!).  then let's say i get 3 more Shumoga eggs and in another 2 days i EQ them. i only have 1 kill slot left before EQing, which would mean that only 1 could die.  what happens to the other 2? nothing? they hatch and escape/i catch? or i get an error message?  (i have three eggshells on my scroll, 1 from EQ tonight, 2 from vamp bites from monday and tuesday at the beginning of this week)

*hopes that makes sense*

@trystan basically, Kill slots have no effect on vampire or eq results. You can kill dozens of eggs on accident with those BSAs, you just can't manually kill anything. It's a bit like the vamp and eq fails make your available kills go into the negative. You won't get any kill slots till those "killed" eggs fade away and you have 4 or less corpses remaining on your scroll, but you can continue racking up accidental kills and delaying the return of your kill slots.

It will not stop you from doing Earthquake and it will not stop Earthquake from killing your eggs. You could keep Earthquaking and Biting forever and the kill count won't stop you (and won't protect things from dying), but you will not be able to use the Kill action until your kill slots come back. Makes not much sense, but that's the way it is.

How long does it take for a dead egg to stop taking up an egg slot?  I ended up killing 6/7 of my shomoga eggs trying to EQ them and can't get any more due to still being egg locked.

3 minutes ago, fergalicious214 said:

How long does it take for a dead egg to stop taking up an egg slot?  I ended up killing 6/7 of my shomoga eggs trying to EQ them and can't get any more due to still being egg locked.

a full 24 hours from when they were killed.

They will take up an egg space for exactly 24 hours (to the second) from the time they died.

If you have a breeding pair of the Dark Shums, will they breed true or will the offspring be the white one, meaning you'll  have to use kill on it too?

5 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

If you have a breeding pair of the Dark Shums, will they breed true or will the offspring be the white one, meaning you'll  have to use kill on it too?

I don't know if someone already tried, but the thing to make them Dark is to "force out" the dragon out of the egg, so I'm pretty sure you have to use kill on the bred ones too I'm afraid 😅