Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:blink: People put trade links in their signature?

Yes, I've seen several free-for-all one-ways in signatures.

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

(CB Golds/Silvers/Stats/unbreedables/etc)

Are CB Pink Sapphires and CB EQ Shumogas considered "rare" in the same sense as the aforementioned breeds? I'm just wondering if they should be in my Caveborn Rares group or not.

I would certainly not call EQ shumogas CB metal/stat rare because shumogas are common as dirt in the biomes, and forcing them properly seems to have around a 1/2 chance. Also, the rarity difference between unbreedables and cb metals is extremely drastic and they shouldn't be considered even in the same ballpark. EQ shumogas might be unbreedable rarity level, but at best that means high-uncommon to very-low-rare.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@LadyLoki That's definitely a 'will vary' question, but personally I'd say they are currently probably in that 'first-rate rare' tier with Golds/Silvers/Stats, if only because the *way* to get them makes them so much more difficult to get. With the EQ Shumogas I predict the value/rarity will even out over time, but pink Sapphs are more iffy in that regard. 

(Personally I differentiate between 'rare in biomes' and 'rare because special mechanic', but not sure it really matters practically.)

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I would certainly not call EQ shumogas CB metal/stat rare because shumogas are common as dirt in the biomes, and forcing them properly seems to have around a 1/2 chance. Also, the rarity difference between unbreedables and cb metals is extremely drastic and they shouldn't be considered even in the same ballpark. EQ shumogas might be unbreedable rarity level, but at best that means high-uncommon to very-low-rare.

Thanks! Honestly I didn't feel like EQ Shumogas were all that rare (for the reasons Shadowdrake mentioned) but I kinda wanted a second opinion. I'm confident about my decision to leave them out of my Caveborn Rares group, now.
Pink Sapphires are in, though. :lol:

10 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Hatchery question: if I added an egg to a hatchery but then abandoned it later, before removing them from the hatchery, is there any way then to get it out of the hatchery? Or will they be automatically removed when I add my scroll again since egg is question is no longer on my scroll? 

My question seems to have been buried, anyone know answer to this?

11 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Hatchery question: if I added an egg to a hatchery but then abandoned it later, before removing them from the hatchery, is there any way then to get it out of the hatchery? Or will they be automatically removed when I add my scroll again since egg is question is no longer on my scroll? 

I think that would depend on the hatchery. Some work only by scroll-names, in which case no you probably couldn't remove something from a hatchery if it's not on your scroll. But other hatcheries allow you to input specific codes, so with those you could remove the code from that hatchery. Either way, I don't think anything would be automatically removed just because it's not on a specific scroll, that doesn't sound very feasible. 

13 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think that would depend on the hatchery. Some work only by scroll-names, in which case no you probably couldn't remove something from a hatchery if it's not on your scroll. But other hatcheries allow you to input specific codes, so with those you could remove the code from that hatchery. Either way, I don't think anything would be automatically removed just because it's not on a specific scroll, that doesn't sound very feasible. 

I see-  thank you! I feel bad for abandoning a sick egg (I wanted to take an up-for-grab gift so I picked one egg I wanted the least to throw away) and forgetting to get it out of hatcheries first :( I suppose it'll be all up to luck whether it survives now since no one can fog/ward it...

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

In my experience, if an individual egg is IN a hatchery, there seems to be no way to take it out after you take it off your scroll, not even by code. As to the other - I have received trades from people where the eggs still gained views far faster than I like; I usually fog those, and then when I take them out, there are a couple of hatcheries they are still in (one is my go to one, evina's, so that's OK; they also seem to stay in silvi's.)

who made the gorgeous wallpapers for the biomes?:wub:  I'd like to ask them if I can use the dragon from the volcano wallpaper for my icon/userpic here on the forum :wub:

Anyone else getting the tombstone errors in the Cave now?

Been trying to save a scroll sort for about 12 minutes but keep getting the tombstone page instead.

The Wiki page on Zombies says: "Unbreedables such as Papers and Cheeses originally could become Undead dragons, albeit ungendered, but now are labeled as Enchanted Constructs and will no longer become undead."

Did this come down in an official announcement, or does it have official confirmation somewhere?

42 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No problems here. I just sorted some eggs.

Using manual sort, could not get it to save. Grid sort works fine, but when I try the manual sort, the tombstone shows up whenever I try to save.

35 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Using manual sort, could not get it to save. Grid sort works fine, but when I try the manual sort, the tombstone shows up whenever I try to save.

Ah. I was using grid sort.

Nothing else seems to be giving tombstones right now, so it sounds like a problem with that sort.

What is that shortcut for creating a separate post in a thread? I need to do this for a new thread to reserve space for banners ... but I don't remember how. 

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

What is that shortcut for creating a separate post in a thread? I need to do this for a new thread to reserve space for banners ... but I don't remember how. 

Have someone else post in between, then hide the post once you're done.

Thanks, Lagie! I thought it was something like that. :)

3 hours ago, schmupti said:

The Wiki page on Zombies says: "Unbreedables such as Papers and Cheeses originally could become Undead dragons, albeit ungendered, but now are labeled as Enchanted Constructs and will no longer become undead."

Did this come down in an official announcement, or does it have official confirmation somewhere?

There is no official word, but the fact that paper and cheese body types are labeled in encyclopedia as "enchanted objects" instead of "dragon" and someone failed to revive any despite many, many attempts with them suggests it.

Are there Dino colors that are more popular/sought after than others?

Or Dino colors that are more rare? 

Thanks in advance. :)

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

Are there Dino colors that are more popular/sought after than others?

Or Dino colors that are more rare? 

Thanks in advance. :)

Rarest to least rare, in my experience: purple, blue, red, green, yellow. I could be totally wrong on that! Reds and blues seem to be sought in trades.

12 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

How early into hatchiehood can a hatchling mature and gender? 6d, 5d?

I fog new hatchlings for the first 20-24 hours to avoid sickness, then drop into 3 or 4 hatcheries. Except for Zyus, they all gender before they reach  5d. I fog them and they grow up immediately when I unfog at 4d.

34 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

How early into hatchiehood can a hatchling mature and gender? 6d, 5d?

Mine generally gender about halfway between those times.