Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 minutes ago, Tini said:

The pink one is first because that was the base color, the other three were salts (i think they're alphabetical?) and the last two, well, I think logically just had to get tossed on the end. Scroll order is the encyclopedia order, it's the same with gemshards and zyus and other such things.

They can also be like, by internal names. Like Lugia is an old name for gons, and in legacy sort iirc they still sort there.

Hi. I don't know if my wording was unclear, but I've been on this site since 2009. I know base colors sort before alts. I know things sort by the game's internal names. THAT is what I'm looking for - the internal name for the green that the game is using to sort it on scrolls, because it's not random. I know that, because, again, I've been on this site since 2009. 🙂

Even if it's just Cantormaris A, B, C, 1, 2, 3, the scroll is working off a system, and I'm asking if someone knows that system. If you don't know it, it's okay not to answer - that just means the question's not meant for you.

Do ungendered Nebula hatchies sort at the top or bottom of their colour group? Trying to work out if this little one is going to be blue/purple or red/green...

image.png.ee0b9b1571bfd767c02dd2a24e80c503.png

Edited by foreverlokied224

It's adults then hatchies of their respective colour group, so this will blue/purple.

28 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

It's adults then hatchies of their respective colour group, so this will blue/purple.

Thanks @Rinoa26 .

12 hours ago, trystan said:

am i correct in that dragons don't get views from the /dragons page? my one hatchie seems to still be gaining views, even though i've taken it out of the hatcheries i put it in.  the egg did come from the AP and i incuhatched it not that long ago.  i've fogged it, but i'm curious about the view gains.

If you picked it up from the AP, a previous owner might have plopped it in one or more hatcheries. I always fog eggs when I first pick them up, just to minimize problems with unknown hatcheries.

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink saphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink saphire had turnrd into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink saphire.  My pink saphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink saphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

3 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

If you picked it up from the AP, a previous owner might have plopped it in one or more hatcheries.

true true.

when i pick up an incuhatchable egg, i put it in the following: Valley Sherwood, AoND, Egg Drop Soup, Silvi's, and Evina's DragHatch. i do have two other hatcheries i could use, but those are the main ones i use for incuhatchable eggs that haven't started cracking at all.  i also know of two other hatcheries, but don't use (one of them is a maybe though)..... so yeah, it's possible that the egg could have been in any or all of the four i don't use (the Hatching Club, Dragon Breeders Cave, Pet Hatchery, and Daily Dragon Fix)

in the end, i fogged the hatchie overnight. :D

10 minutes ago, Quinn's dragons said:

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink saphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink saphire had turnrd into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink saphire.  My pink saphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink saphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

Do you have screenshots to prove it was a pink sapphire? Does your action log show anything regarding the egg (abandoning, fogging, anything showing the egg's sprite)? This sounds more like user-error, eggs randomly changing breeds isn't really known to happen. If you are positive it was a pink sapphire you might want to make a new thread about it, not sure how much attention it will get in this thread.

Yeah_Toast and I hatched out some Yellow Sapphires, rushed them to get the yellow eggs in the encyclopedia. 

I don't think we left them as eggs long enough to register with the site. 

How long do eggs have to be on your scroll to show up on the encyclopedia?  What did I miss that I should have done?

They were there for about 10 minutes, but were fogged most of the time.

(Sapphires will turn yellow as hatchlings - but these were turned yellow as eggs to get into the encylcopedia)

As I understand it, we need the yellow eggs in the encyclopedia to hunt for them in the trades.  Is this true?

Edited by Mystic_Halo

2 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Yeah_Toast and I hatched out some Yellow Sapphires, rushed them to get the yellow eggs in the encyclopedia. 

I don't think we left them as eggs long enough to register with the site. 

How long do eggs have to be on your scroll to show up on the encyclopedia?  What did I miss that I should have done?

They were there for about 10 minutes, but were fogged most of the time.

(Sapphires will turn yellow as hatchlings - but these were turned yellow as eggs to get into the encylcopedia)

Literally as soon as they hit your scroll they are counted. If they were on your scroll as blues, they will count as blues.

50 minutes ago, Quinn's dragons said:

It is possible to mistake other eggs for the Sapphire. There are a large number of pink eggs that fall in the AP, as I have added a new Pink and a CB Tercorn to my collection during my hunts for the elusive Pink Sapphire. XD

Other pink eggs include:

Aria or Old Pink - a deep hot pink coloring

Carmine Wyvern - a hot pink with red stripes

Flamingo - bright salmon pink coloring

Sapo - a very soft pink with pale blue touches

Speckle-Throat - soft, earth-toned pink

Venturis - a very pale pink with lavender shading

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Literally as soon as they hit your scroll they are counted. If they were on your scroll as blues, they will count as blues.

So even though the eggs later turn yellow, they still count as blue? 

How do I get the yellow Sapphire in my encyclopedia, if the ones I make don't count?

Edited by Mystic_Halo

Just now, Mystic_Halo said:

So even though they later turn yellow, they still count as blue? 

Right. They can only count as one or the other and since it already counted them as blue it won't count them as yellow.

Looking for yellow eggs in the hatcheries will unlock them for you, though. You don't need to own an egg for it to count.

1 minute ago, Mystic_Halo said:

So even though the eggs later turn yellow, they still count as blue? 

Yup. Whatever it originally is when it gets onto your scroll. 

You can unlock the yellow egg in the encyclopedia by viewing them, click on them in fansites or in the encyclopedia helpers thread. You don't necessarily have to own them to unlock them.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Right. They can only count as one or the other and since it already counted them as blue it won't count them as yellow.

Looking for yellow eggs in the hatcheries will unlock them for you, though. You don't need to own an egg for it to count.

Thank you, but now I wish I hadn't have rushed them. 

@HeatherMarie and @purplehaze  Thank you

I asked in the news thread but no one has answered so trying here. Has anyone successfully purchased a peach floret from the market? I have tried more than a dozen times but I get the tombstone on the final page. I have purchased other eggs today so it isn’t a problem on my end.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mystic_Halo said:

As I understand it, we need the yellow eggs in the encyclopedia to hunt for them in the trades.  Is this true?

You need an egg unlocked to choose its respective breed in the trades filter. However, since sapphires already have the old version and the new ones share a page, you don't have to have the yellows unlocked to be able to filter for them (though you'll get all sapphires in the results unfortunately).

Also, I believe you can pass an egg to someone else snd it'll count for both you and them after you take it back. I've heard someone did this with some hatchlings with large encyclopedia unlocks, passing them back and forth and they'd count for another hatchling owned every time even though it was the same hatchling hitting their scroll.

Just reporting an interesting bug that's popped up. 

I made a new group and started adding dragons. Decided to change the group's name. Now I have two groups one with the old name one with the new.

They are different groups with different /group/***** 

also reporting:

the last two times I made a group, I named it, I picked my dragons, I created it..... and it said "Page Not Found." I created the group again, and I think it told me the same message. I went to my list of groups page,  and it was there twice. 

earlier when I made a new group, I again made a group, named it, picked my dragon, created it..... and it said "Page Not Found."  this time I went to the list of groups page, refreshed on general principle .... and there was my new group.

anyone getting this?

5 hours ago, trystan said:

anyone getting this?

Happened to me yesterday when I went to create my 15th birthday group. Got the Page Not Found and thought it didn't work so I did it again. I didn't get the error page the second time, but when I looked at my list, both groups were there (with different dragons in them -- because I hadn't gone to the trouble of adding them all the second time until I could see that it worked -- so I know it wasn't just a duplicate created on the 2nd try).

ah, i thought that was just a me problem. didnt think much of it since i havent been online as much lately :P 

the computer im on right now cant access dragon cave, so i cant check if this is still happening, but if it is, someone should make a separate thread ^^

Edited by lexi_

Question, how does breeding work for Magnesium Amphipteres? As in, do both colors have a chance of throwing either color, or is it only the parent's color (or, what happens when you breed the desert-type to the volcano-type?)... I'm assuming we figured all this out already but it's not in the wiki and I don't remember and don't want to try finding it in the old release thread. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question, how does breeding work for Magnesium Amphipteres? As in, do both colors have a chance of throwing either color, or is it only the parent's color (or, what happens when you breed the desert-type to the volcano-type?)... I'm assuming we figured all this out already but it's not in the wiki and I don't remember and don't want to try finding it in the old release thread. 

iirc its just rng. like alcidines