Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question, how does breeding work for Magnesium Amphipteres? As in, do both colors have a chance of throwing either color, or is it only the parent's color (or, what happens when you breed the desert-type to the volcano-type?)... I'm assuming we figured all this out already but it's not in the wiki and I don't remember and don't want to try finding it in the old release thread. 

Both colours can throw either colour. I've been hoarding and breeding them for zombie fodder.

4 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

is dc records an "official" DC site by tj?

Yes, it is.

If I abandon a yellow sapphire hatchi will it turn pink or will it stay yellow?

I'm sure this is a dumb question especially as I've been here for so long, but why don't adult dragons gain views or clicks?

Also, are auto refreshers okay to use or do they go against the rules? Someone posted a link to one, but I don't want to use it unless I know it is okay.

Edited by Tetelestai

34 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question especially as I've been here for so long, but why don't adult dragons gain views or clicks?

Also, are auto refreshers okay to use or do they go against the rules? Someone posted a link to one, but I don't want to use it unless I know it is okay.

As far as the mechanic for adults not gaining views, I have no idea why. I guess they just don't need them to grow any more? I never understood it.

Auto refreshers (ARs) are perfectly fine, as far as I know. Plenty of people use them, especially for ND experimentation and stubborn eggs. :)

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

As far as the mechanic for adults not gaining views, I have no idea why. I guess they just don't need them to grow any more? I never understood it.

Auto refreshers (ARs) are perfectly fine, as far as I know. Plenty of people use them, especially for ND experimentation and stubborn eggs. :)

Thank you! Just wanted to be sure. And yes, it does seem odd that they stop getting views. I honestly didn't notice it until years later.

29 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

In DC history, very early, adults did still receive views and clicks. I think it was an address change and a growing player base which stopped the ability for adults to receive views.

Clicks have not been necessary for many years, although many players still think they help. I have raised 2000 with zero-clicks, and see no evidence that they are needed.

Auto-refreshers were banned at one point, gave hunters an unfair advantage, don't know what the current rules are. 

15 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

In DC history, very early, adults did still receive views and clicks. I think it was an address change and a growing player base which stopped the ability for adults to receive views.

Clicks have not been necessary for many years, although many players still think they help. I have raised 2000 with zero-clicks, and see no evidence that they are needed.

Auto-refreshers were banned at one point, gave hunters an unfair advantage, don't know what the current rules are. 

I meant auto-refreshers for views - those are okay! Auto-refreshers for the AP and biomes I believe are banned.

5 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I meant auto-refreshers for views - those are okay! Auto-refreshers for the AP and biomes I believe are banned.

Yes, this is what I meant. Specifically turning blue sapphires into yellow.

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

If I abandon a yellow sapphire hatchi will it turn pink or will it stay yellow?

It will stat Yellow. Likewise, a Pink that gets a lot of views will stay Pink.

26 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Likewise, a Pink that gets a lot of views will stay Pink.

That's good to know! I had to frantically hide a pink at 3000+ views when I picked it up from the AP because I was scared it would turn yellow if I don't XD. Wouldn't need to worry too much then!

is Dragon Cave showing up a bit broken for anyone else?

image.thumb.png.9c2c3fdcb3a85add9c3b430d526c6773.png

image.thumb.png.e375215402cbd7243eb3d627ff0449f2.png

Edited by Syiren

2 hours ago, Tetelestai said:

And yes, it does seem odd that they stop getting views. I honestly didn't notice it until years later.

I think at the time it may have been a server strain issue. If I recall correctly it was sometime after that that TJ switched to a new server.

Does anyone know under what condition would you fail to grab an egg from the AP? Like it brings you to the page with the "try as you might..." note.

I saw one pink sapphire egg and failed to grab it for two times and succeeded the third time it showed up. It was very strange and I am absolutely sure it's the same egg as I checked the url and was surprised by this fact. I am sure it's not an egg I abandoned as I haven't abandoned a sapphire egg recently (I was gunning for yellow ones first). I also doubt anyone is picking a pink sapphire up (ie grabbing it before I did) only to toss it back for it to show in the AP after another couple of refreshes. 

And theory on what was going on the first two times I tried to grabbed it but failed?

25 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Does anyone know under what condition would you fail to grab an egg from the AP? Like it brings you to the page with the "try as you might..." note.

I saw one pink sapphire egg and failed to grab it for two times and succeeded the third time it showed up. It was very strange and I am absolutely sure it's the same egg as I checked the url and was surprised by this fact. I am sure it's not an egg I abandoned as I haven't abandoned a sapphire egg recently (I was gunning for yellow ones first). I also doubt anyone is picking a pink sapphire up (ie grabbing it before I did) only to toss it back for it to show in the AP after another couple of refreshes. 

And theory on what was going on the first two times I tried to grabbed it but failed?

It's actually entirely possible it was just tossed back. I'm gifting or tossing any I nab that aren't cb. check the /code/thispart if the last bit is different that means its been dropped again.

Otherwise, lag.

16 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

How are shards earned? Did a search, no luck. :(

Breeding, an egg hatching, a hatchling growing up, catching in the cave, catching in the AP

What is the 'sharing' of an egg? I don't believe I've ever seen this on any other egg I've ever pulled from the AP/ The one I pulled a moment later doesn't say that at the top. Is this a new(ish) thing?

DC_sharing.png

10 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

What is the 'sharing' of an egg? I don't believe I've ever seen this on any other egg I've ever pulled from the AP/ The one I pulled a moment later doesn't say that at the top. Is this a new(ish) thing?

All eggs (probably hatchies maybe adults too, didn't check) have that page, you get there from clicking the 'Show HTML/BBCode Links' on the egg's view page. The links are to share your dragon's page with others, usually on other forums or Facebook or wherever... It's sort of an outdated thing I think, left over from when most users actually posted their eggs in other forums/places for growing instead of just using hatcheries. 

Huh, that's weird considering I was simply fishing in the AP and opening tabs to see what I caught. Guess I must have clicked one funny as I opened it. Thx for the quick reply. 

You get that second page if you click on an egg/hatchling more than once - the first tab will be the usual /abandoned page, while the second tab (and any subsequent tabs) will be the /code page. This usually happens to me when there's some sort of adoption lag for that particular egg/hatchling, so that it's still there in the AP after a refresh even though I picked it up.

13 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Breeding, an egg hatching, a hatchling growing up, catching in the cave, catching in the AP

Thanks for the info!