Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@missy_ If you keep offspring from your zombie candidates, I recommend naming them the way you'd want a dead dragon to be named in the lineage. Because those (failed attempts that stay dead) are the only ones you can't rename after the zombifying attempt.

Example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/GDZtL (father is dead, mother is a Zombie)

I named "Duro Sunsong-Ghost" before killing him, so now the dead dragon keeps this name.

"Kyra Sunsong-Zombie" was named "Kyra Sunsong-Ghost" before I killed her, and when she successfully became a Zombie, I renamed her accordingly.

(Unfortunately there's no guarantee dead dragons will keep their names forever. But for now this system works for me.)

Edited by Confused Cat

So I just had a pair of dragons that's bred before (these two) and successfully produced eggs tell me they refuse to go near each other? Is that just a thing that I've never encountered before?

@Jazeki, hmm, I don't know about that.

2 minutes ago, Feathers said:

So I just had a pair of dragons that's bred before (these two) and successfully produced eggs tell me they refuse to go near each other? Is that just a thing that I've never encountered before?

Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding but holiday dragons that have only bred during the holiday season can still refuse the first time they are bred outside their season.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding but holiday dragons that have only bred during the holiday season can still refuse the first time they are bred outside their season.

Ohhhh that's interesting!! I'll have to keep that in mind haha.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Do sinomorphs produce stateraes?

I just bred all my 24 Sinos to different Xenos and got 16 various non-Stat Xenos and 8 Zyus.

(My Stats are on breeding duty for lineages so I could not try them for this)

My stats are all on CD, but I will try later. IIRC Xeno breeding to another breed gets the other breed or the Xeno breed ?

It has a chance at getting a random other Xeno. Especially when the partner is not from the same biome.

All xenos have a chance of producing any other xeno. Its just highly weighted to themself/partner or biome based.

Statrae just really like to toss all other xenos instead of themself because rarity. 

For the record, birdz said:

The issue with Sinos is that they have no biome, so it is rather unlikely that they will throw a stat, I think - JUST possible, but...

Thanks all for trying! I've been breeding xenos and my sinos and have been getting zyus and xenos. I've been wondering if I should give up on this or not.

WHY is the dragon cave webpage (on PC not mobile) stuck loading at 110% zoom? It's driving me crazy! I keep resetting it to 100% but whenever I navigate away or back it keeps changing back to 110%!

edit - 

chrome://settings/content 

more options, zoom levels

Edited by BlueSkyy

11 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

WHY is the dragon cave webpage (on PC not mobile) stuck loading at 110% zoom? It's driving me crazy! I keep resetting it to 100% but whenever I navigate away or back it keeps changing back to 110%!

Mine has always been like that (Firefox), but I rather like it myself because I have some vision problems.

quick q: do incubated red xol eggs revert to blue if traded? accidentally incubated on reflex!

24 minutes ago, steeve said:

quick q: do incubated red xol eggs revert to blue if traded? accidentally incubated on reflex!

yep! they lose the incubate and go back to previous color. I can bounce it for you

5 hours ago, Tini said:

yep! they lose the incubate and go back to previous color. I can bounce it for you

ah, thats good to hear! too bad i totally forgot and... let it hatch. but thank you for the offer! at least in the future i'll be smart!

i got a question: i have a two-way public trade someone offered on, but i can't accept it. is there any reason why that i should be aware of? ty!

6 minutes ago, condemn said:

i got a question: i have a two-way public trade someone offered on, but i can't accept it. is there any reason why that i should be aware of? ty!

Likely some kind of scroll lock, either on your end on theirs. Some examples: If they're offering eggs, you might not be able to take that many eggs. If they're offering more items than you're offering, you might be at scroll-lock. If you're offering more items than they're offering, they might be at scroll-lock. If you're offering an egg and they're offering a hatchling, they might be egg-locked.

Edited by pinkgothic
Added missing space

Just now, pinkgothic said:

Likely some kind of scroll lock, either on your end on theirs. Some examples: If they're offering eggs, you might not be able to take that many eggs. If they're offering more items than you're offering, you might be at scroll-lock. If you're offering more items than they're offering, theymight be at scroll-lock. If you're offering an egg and they're offering a hatchling, they might be egg-locked.

ah, thank you! i didn't think of that.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

For the record, birdz said:

The issue with Sinos is that they have no biome, so it is rather unlikely that they will throw a stat, I think - JUST possible, but...

You can play the lottery and breed them to a Celestial...but then it'll be half Celestial. And those of us who like to lurk in the AP get mighty tired of Celestials.

29 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You can play the lottery and breed them to a Celestial...but then it'll be half Celestial. And those of us who like to lurk in the AP get mighty tired of Celestials.

But the question was not about Celestials, it was about Sinos.

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

But the question was not about Celestials, it was about Sinos.

It was about the odds of getting a staterae xenowyrm which is low any way you go about it.

Which leads me to my own question.

Where do these exotic breed names come from? Are they Latin?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

The question was can you get a stat from a sinowyrm. So a celestial won't help at all/

On 3/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Jazeki said:

Do sinomorphs produce stateraes?

59 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It was about the odds of getting a staterae xenowyrm which is low any way you go about it.

Which leads me to my own question.

Where do these exotic breed names come from? Are they Latin?

The past few years spriters have often mentioned the inspiration for the breed name in the new release threads. Some are based on scientific names of species/whatever they took inspiration from, etc. Xenowyrms specifically I'm not sure if birdz has mentioned, it's possible I've just forgotten.

edit: birdz did explain the general xenowyrm name in the original release:

Edited by HeatherMarie