Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Too many views too fast, I believe. Like not needing food and bingeing anyway makes you throw up.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

How does an ER egg manage to get sick (when not a Sunrise/set)? Isn't sickness from too many views for its age and ER is not enough views for its age?

Stubborn breeds do this all the time. Prizes and metals are whiny. 

If its not a stubborn type, that's weird.

It was a Zyu so it makes some sense. I've ER'd plenty of Zyus before but seeing sickness pop up as low as 3d20h is new to me. I guess I got a particularly wimpy dragon.

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

It was a Zyu so it makes some sense. I've ER'd plenty of Zyus before but seeing sickness pop up as low as 3d20h is new to me. I guess I got a particularly wimpy dragon.

I found them to be save to hatch around 3d 19h actually. There is also a little variance between individual eggs, some randomness factor.

I've also had that with prizes.... So at that point I ward them if I can, hide them and unhide a few hours later, for an instahatch or adult.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

6 hours ago, Nine said:

my Zyu eggs are good at getting sick right before they hatch. *sigh*

my Zyu hatchies are good at taking their sweet time gendering too - like the one i currently have, the hatchie is at 5d and still ungendered. *glares at him*

I always just AR until they hatch and then hide it lol I don't think there's any real risk of killing it before it hatches.

On the average, how long does it take to add new eggs to the market place?

I was lucky to catch some of the new release, but I don’t want to hatch them before they are counted for my unlocked breeds in the marketplace.

Unless, just by having caught some, they will be unlocked for me once they are added to the marketplace?

1 minute ago, Tini said:

I always just AR until they hatch and then hide it lol I don't think there's any real risk of killing it before it hatches.

i usually end up fogging it until the soft shell goes away, unfog, and *poof* hatchie!

23 minutes ago, Happy Dragon said:

On the average, how long does it take to add new eggs to the market place?

I was lucky to catch some of the new release, but I don’t want to hatch them before they are counted for my unlocked breeds in the marketplace.

Unless, just by having caught some, they will be unlocked for me once they are added to the marketplace?

They are being counted already, they just don't get displayed yet.

is there a limit as to the number of upside-down Mints one can have on their scroll?

48 minutes ago, trystan said:

i usually end up fogging it until the soft shell goes away, unfog, and *poof* hatchie!

If you fog as a hatchie the timer for adulting is that much closer is how I always view it.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

is there a limit as to the number of upside-down Mints one can have on their scroll?

Not that anyone's found yet. I don't see why there would be

1 minute ago, Tini said:
10 minutes ago, trystan said:

Not that anyone's found yet. I don't see why there would be

oooh, nice, thanks!

but it's only one per year, right?  so if i got one last year, i can get on this year. :)

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

oooh, nice, thanks!

but it's only one per year, right?  so if i got one last year, i can get on this year. :)

Technically yes but they pop up in the ap. They can't be teleported so you have to be ap hunting to get them.

Just now, Tini said:

Technically yes but they pop up in the ap. They can't be teleported so you have to be ap hunting to get them.

ah gotcha! that makes sense too.

thanks!!

I know I asked something like this before, but for art usage, would translating a dragon sprite to a 3D model count as 'use as is fanart'? Or is this something not covered by the agreement which I would need to discuss with artists individually (as 2D and 3D are relatively different mediums, translating one to another requires different skills and it could be argued that a 3D derivative is significantly different enough to just be considered "taking inspiration" and may not be covered)?

Not really a question that anyone can really answer,  I guess, but maybe someone has an explanation.

I have two eggs that I picked up at the same time, have treated exactly the same -- fogged and unfogged at the same time, placed in the same hatcheries at exactly the same times, etc. And yet...

image.png.80938484921d36b112b60f207b5e4e67.png

Actually the one on top is an hour younger than the other.

Is anyone else having an issue with the Mobile Forum ad at the top of the page? I often click the logo to go home and ever since the forum layout changed I often hit the ad on accident despite (what feels like) obviously hitting the logo... I feel like I'm going crazy, but am not sure it's a legitimate issue? 

Edited by schenanigans

9 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I know I asked something like this before, but for art usage, would translating a dragon sprite to a 3D model count as 'use as is fanart'? Or is this something not covered by the agreement which I would need to discuss with artists individually (as 2D and 3D are relatively different mediums, translating one to another requires different skills and it could be argued that a 3D derivative is significantly different enough to just be considered "taking inspiration" and may not be covered)?

Yes, it still counts as fan art (even in 3D form). If you didn't create it, it's best to follow whatever the artist has for their permissions in the artist section. Just because the medium changes doesn't mean that ownership of the original dragon art also changes.  If you're turning your own sprite into a 3D model, you don't need permission for it. 

9 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Yes, it still counts as fan art (even in 3D form). If you didn't create it, it's best to follow whatever the artist has for their permissions in the artist section. Just because the medium changes doesn't mean that ownership of the original dragon art also changes.  If you're turning your own sprite into a 3D model, you don't need permission for it. 

Thanks Jaz!

31 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Thanks Jaz!

You're welcome! Most artists like being shown fan art, so you should be good as long as you're not selling the 3D model for profit or anything.

19 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Not really a question that anyone can really answer,  I guess, but maybe someone has an explanation.

I have two eggs that I picked up at the same time, have treated exactly the same -- fogged and unfogged at the same time, placed in the same hatcheries at exactly the same times, etc. And yet...

image.png.80938484921d36b112b60f207b5e4e67.png

Actually the one on top is an hour younger than the other.

For comparison, the four Coast eggs I caught early in the release in the same drop and treated the same like you did:

2,278      576       14

1,991       549       16 

2,734      570       16

2159        563       13

I think it may be due to the way the eggs/hatchlings in hatcheries are ordered, I know Daily Dragon Fix orders them by code, not sure about others. New codes may be added after older codes or in other ways that change the order our eggs show in hatcheries and being on different pages or other anomalies in sorting could explain these differences. I could be wrong, but that is what I have always thought. 

32 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I forgot when this was asked, but I have a cantormaris grabbed from the AP that hatched mundus, so if abandoning was causing them to turn itus before, it doesn't now.

Not necessarily, if nothing was done to it before or after abandoning.